Welcome to Rangers Jon Flanagan

Bronzy

11 minutes ago, ayrshireranger said:

On the day a club legend signed by Bill Struth dies, we sign this man. Whatever happened to club standards?. Then again, lets not forget the chav behaviour of our new manager.......

Watch you don't fall off your high horse now...

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, ayrshireranger said:

On the day a club legend signed by Bill Struth dies, we sign this man. Whatever happened to club standards?. Then again, lets not forget the chav behaviour of our new manager.......

Ur a cheerful chap ,fucking warmer 

2 minutes ago, ayrshireranger said:

I was making a point about how far our standards as a club have sunk.

And that legend was a personal friend.

So take your offence and shove it.

Aye. What a way to show it.

4 minutes ago, ayrshireranger said:

I was making a point about how far our standards as a club have sunk.

And that legend was a personal friend. Whose death I am heartbroken at. And its because of men like Hubbard and Struth that I am angry that the club we all love seems to have no standards as they had in the days of those two great men.

You introduced his death to demonstrate perceived contrasts in standards.

That is lacking in any sort of decency that you claim to be a fan of. Scummy tbh.

24 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Nowhere near similar debates.

Correct, one is convicted for assaulting a woman, the other two said hurtful words that upset the thin skinned, strange application of ethical standards.

6 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

You introduced his death to demonstrate perceived contrasts in standards.

That is lacking in any sort of decency that you claim to be a fan of. Scummy tbh.

That was never my intention.  I was trying to make a serious point about club standards. In retrospect in a clumsy way. I would NEVER use his death that way. Or anyone's.

I truly apologise to all here who were upset or offended by my post.

3 minutes ago, ayrshireranger said:

That was never my intention.  I was trying to make a point about club standards.

I apologise to all here who were upset or offended by my post.

I'm not upset nor offended, it was just tactless to say the least. I don't need an apology, but fair dos for offering.

We move on...

24 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Well you're a bit precious then. But are you saying if other players welcome him piblicly then you've over dramatized it? As many are doing with the whole situation.

And I'd imagine few managers in any business anywhere would recruit someone who assaulted their wife. Yet plenty give others 2nd chances for misdeneanours if they believe it's warranted. Not sure why you'd even contemplate this as reasoning why Gerrard shouldn't sign him. Other than to fit an agenda.

This isn't any business though this is our  high profile football club for which the press can't wait to stick the boot in.  Jock Mctavish fish merchants in Auchenblecher hire a wife beater it's not going to be front page news. 

So,he got done for assaulting his woman. He has admitted guilt. Not condoning it in any way but how many on here can say that they have never done something they later regret? Give the guy a chance . He must have something or he wouldn't have been signed.

1 minute ago, soulboy said:

This isn't any business though this is our  high profile football club for which the press can't wait to stick the boot in.  Jock Mctavish fish merchants in Auchenblecher hire a wife beater it's not going to be front page news. 

So you're bothered about the press puting the boot in? The press who hide all sorts of atrocities elsewhere in the city and that we all know are corrupt? That press?

19 minutes ago, ayrshireranger said:

That was never my intention.  I was trying to make a serious point about club standards. In retrospect in a clumsy way. I would NEVER use his death that way. Or anyone's.

I truly apologise to all here who were upset or offended by my post.

I am upset by this apology as this has BOLD in it and not enough damn capital letters.

Sort your shit out man.

4 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

So you're bothered about the press puting the boot in? The press who hide all sorts of atrocities elsewhere in the city and that we all know are corrupt? That press?

We all know what the press are like up here stick the boot in to us cuddle up to every other club. My point is people who don't have much interest in football will read the front pages and the big bad Rangers bandwagon rolls on and on.

11 minutes ago, soulboy said:

We all know what the press are like up here stick the boot in to us cuddle up to every other club. My point is people who don't have much interest in football will read the front pages and the big bad Rangers bandwagon rolls on and on.

Maybe worry about us doing the right thing for us, not for folk who have no interest in football, and we'll all move forward in the right direction...

Archived