Welcome to Rangers Jon Flanagan

Bronzy

Just now, born a blue nose said:

? he's one of the good guys 

Hmmmm,  still on the fence to be honest.  A number of seasons ago for sure,  I would agree.  

1 minute ago, Billythebear77 said:

Fuxxake man germaine greers appeared in this thread tae burn her bra 

Yes and I'll send the ashes in the post for you ❤

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, backup said:

Correct, one is convicted for assaulting a woman, the other two said hurtful words that upset the thin skinned, strange application of ethical standards.

One was convicted, was utterly apologetic, has been vilified publicly and is trying to rebuild his career while still  being with the woman who has forgiven him for acting in a manner so unlike him, while the other two stabbed a club and its supporters in the back in order to line their own pockets and have never shown an ounce of remorse and one of them recently had the utter cheek to try to be signed again by the same club that he proclaimed had died.

Yup. Big difference.

49 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Interesting reading in here given what some females have to put up with on this site from the select few:)  

You do realise battering a woman and banter online are two entirely different things?

Fucking idiot 

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

And you think a free signing who's played somewhere around 20 games in how many years will really help that

We went from being linked with the boy lucas from lazio, skrtel, defoe etc to signing 2 centre halves, one who is unknown and flanagan, 

Nevermind his past or anything, we need proper real money quality around the park, 

If you think we were ever signing Lucas, Defoe or skrtel then you're beyond fucking help

2 hours ago, PRW. said:

Blatant tarrier.

Get him banned ffs.

Tarrier?. I may be an arsehole, but I am not one of them. And I very quickly explained and apologised to all for my post. It was a clumsy, cack handed attempt to make a serious point about club standards. I regret the post, as it didn't read the way it was meant. Again, I am sorry if you were angry at it and offended by it. I don't blame you.   As I said, I may be an arse, but at least I am a Rangers arse. And a RM member for 11 years.

Rightly or wrongly we've signed him.  He's now at our club so will be supported if he puts the effort in and shows some quality.  Otherwise he'll be hounded out like any other wage thief!

Everyone deserves a second chance if they genuinely feel bad about their behaviour and ensure they never do it again.  By all accounts it was a one-off incident that was completely out of character for him.  If his partner can forgive him and move on, why can't we look beyond his indiscretion and support him as one of our players.

9 minutes ago, shaka said:

Rightly or wrongly we've signed him.  He's now at our club so will be supported if he puts the effort in and shows some quality.  Otherwise he'll be hounded out like any other wage thief!

Everyone deserves a second chance if they genuinely feel bad about their behaviour and ensure they never do it again.  By all accounts it was a one-off incident that was completely out of character for him.  If his partner can forgive him and move on, why can't we look beyond his indiscretion and support him as one of our players.

Very sensible post mate. :thumbup:

Good luck to the lad, only 25 so not too late to turn it all around as there is obviously potential there.  As for his extra-curricular antics, warn him that his behaviour must reflect the standards of RFC and leave the past where it belongs.  I suspect that all of us have done things we regret in life, no issues with second chances. 

1 hour ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Why is there such a worry from people on this thread about what the press are going to say about us? We get the awful biased press 90% of the time anyway. Who gives a fuck what they write/say. 

Exactly this.

The content of Rangers related press isn't going to change. It's persistently boring and It's written mainly by catholic's FOR catholics so why the fuck should any bluenose give a toss what's said.  Different if the club can find an angle to have the rodents sacked for inaccuracies, I'm all for that but basically negative Rangers story = click bait for bitter and gulable taigs .......end of . 

10 hours ago, Big Al II said:

Can't wait to start playing for Wattie.

An ex team mate and guy he’s known for years, probably mates away from the training ground, calling him by the name he’s always called him... I’m fucking outraged ?

2 hours ago, worcesterloyal said:

Stan Collymore  will love this .......But everyone deserves a second chance 

Stan collymore is trying to make a living as some kind of moralistic voice of the people. Jon Flanagan is just trying to continue his playing career. There is no comparison. 

Archived