Welcome to Rangers Jon Flanagan

1 hour ago, Ger_onimo said:

?Most of them are fucking idiots who spend more time on social media than any of us do. 

Sensible adults?

And don’t give a fuck if one them has stepped out of line at one time and has gave his WAG a slap. 

What do you think is going happen, a petition from the rest of the squad saying they won’t play with Flanagan. ???

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

Irrelevant, they're human beings. 

Footballers have fallen out over things like a team mate wearing trainers in the dressing room (Bendtner) ffs. They don't have to vocalise that they don't like him. It could be as simple as ignoring the guy, fracturing the squad into cliques etc. Not wanting to train with him, not wanting to share a room with him on away days. 

No Rangers player is going to come out and say "Jon Flanagan is a prick and shouldn't have been signed" but there are probably a few in there who think it and it will sub consciously impact, if not consciously (if they know about his past). 

Spot on. 

See above.

More bollocks. 

The idea that some of the squad are going to down tools because one of them has gave his WAG a slap. ??

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

More bollocks. 

The idea that some of the squad are going to down tools because one of them has gave his WAG a slap. ??

We need to fit a snowflake filter on this subject or folk that turn up late for dinner with the wife/bird are gonnae get ostracised on here.

Just now, geneva_ger said:

We need to fit a snowflake filter on this subject or folk that turn up late for dinner with the wife/bird are gonnae get ostracised on here.

?? mate if he was a serial wife beater then I would be the first outside Ibrox with the pitchforks. Believe me I’ve seen it all and more growing up. 

He is a stupid young footballer who was going through a hard time and made a stupid mistake. 

The over the top faux offended on this thread is comedy gold. 

10 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

?? mate if he was a serial wife beater then I would be the first outside Ibrox with the pitchforks. Believe me I’ve seen it all and more growing up. 

He is a stupid young footballer who was going through a hard time and made a stupid mistake. 

The over the top faux offended on this thread is comedy gold. 

its actually cringy as fuck and embaressing reading some of the post with guys claiming to be offended.

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Will be the same folk that say they cringe when we sing a bad word at Ibrox. 

the less said about that the better, had a few fans complain when i used to sit in the club deck about my choice of songs and language

10 minutes ago, Basrah Bear said:

bet most of the offended snowflakes are from the politically correct brainwashed generation of under 30s. Give the guy a chance , he made a mistake and his bird stood by him.

This is why I hate most people my own age. This entitled right to be offended. Fuck off, tarrier behaviour.

Agree with the second half of your post too. 

23 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

its actually cringy as fuck and embaressing reading some of the post with guys claiming to be offended.

I've literally not seen one post with a guy saying he was offended.

Happy to be proven wrong.

2 hours ago, Walter-of-Smith said:

Don't know if this has been posted but he sounds very happy to be here.

Liverpool-v-Tottenham-Hotspur-Premier-League.thumb.jpg.f4df87ffcf7645be4c6142472fa77d53.jpg

“The Scottish league is massive and one that we are going to try to push on and get the title.

“European football is a big attraction as well. They did well to get into Europe and it’s an extra bonus for the lads to work hard and push on and get back into the group stage.

“It’s a fresh start. It’s a platform for me to build on. The past is the past. It’s now time for a fresh start and I can’t wait to get going at Rangers.

“When I got the call from my agent and I spoke to Stevie it was a no brainer for me with the size of the club and what the fans are about.

“I played with the manager for many years and he was a big part of me coming here.

“Obviously I know all about the club and everything like that but Stevie was a massive influence in me coming to Rangers.

“It’s very exciting for the club now. There is a new manager who has freshened things up and brought a lot of players in so it’s brilliant to be a Rangers supporter now and a player.

“Good times are ahead and hopefully we can push on now. We all know Liverpool are a massive club but Rangers are just as big.

“The pressure is massive at Liverpool and I dealt with it so I’ll deal with it at Rangers. I can’t wait to get going. I’m very excited.

“I’m a no-nonsense footballer. Keep it simple. I don’t mind a tackle and when the going gets tough I stick around. I’m mentally strong.

“I’m different to the full-backs we’ve got there so it will be exciting and there will be a lot of competition for places.”

“It’s good when you join a new team and know a few of the lads but even if I didn’t know them I’m a likeable character and I will bed in well.

“I trained with the lads and want to get going. I’m buzzing and want to show all the fans what I’m about and get Rangers back up there.”

The boy would’ve been told about the scrutiny he would be under in going to Rangers. Let him just play football. 

3 hours ago, plumbGER said:

You can't prove the first part.

Fair enough give him a chance.

Why you calling her a "daft cow"?

Well I’ve never heard him booed at the the ground

because she’s still with him after taking a beating that why I called her a daft cow

Is that ok with you 

Just now, bluenose_n1 said:

Well I’ve never heard him booed at the the ground

because she’s still with him after taking a beating that why I called her a daft cow

Is that ok with you 

No, no it's not.

3 hours ago, writingranger said:

Although I think he is a wee bastard for what he did, I think it's a sad state of affairs if we start looking to footballers as role models. It's even worse if we can't allow people who have been punished to make a go of it. 

Nay cunts looking at him as a role model ffs, it's  just some of us would prefer if we never signed a cunt that kicks a women on the fucking ground, what's so hard to understand about that? 

Archived