VAR - Poll

VAR : Good or bad?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Should VAR be used for all major tournaments or has it been a failure?

• VAR is helping getting the big decisions right and is adding positively to the sport. Its a must from now on.
    • VAR has shown promise. Its not perfect, but seems to be heading in the right direction. Keep it going, and see if it improves further before making the decision long term.
    • VAR is not good. It takes away from the sport, is too slow or some other reason.

12 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

It's shite, France's penalty wasn't a penalty, should've been two or three penalties in the Argentina Iceland game, and then the two on Kane. There are probably more that I can't think of but I don't like  it

The France one against Australia? Was a pen all day long.

Regardless, these are calls the ref would be making wrong anyway, so I don't really see why VAR makes it worse.

Look at the calls that have been made that it has gotten correct. Neymar earlier being a perfect example. 

2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

The players need to stop calling for it to be used for absolutely fucking everything. 

Once the refs become weak to that then football is fucked 

Yeah. Players making a wee box sign all the time is the latest thing that's fucking me off about footballers.

The problem with VAR for me is I'm not 100% sure how it works?

The say if it is glaring and a obvious mistake from the ref that is when they interfere?

Well as foreverandever rightly says why wasn't the ref told to look at the penalty incidents in the Argentina & England games?

These nuggets have the benefit of every angle but are refusing to get involved. 

Also referees are arrogant bastards....if they are told to look at VAR it normally means they have made a cunt of it...they will not like that idea so you might get the picture that they are protecting the image of the ref...fair play to the ref who overturned his penalty decision in the Brazil game.

• 4 months later...
On 23/06/2018 at 08:42, .Williamson. said:

The players need to stop calling for it to be used for absolutely fucking everything. 

Once the refs become weak to that then football is fucked 

It should be a yellow card anytime a player signals that stupid box things they do with their hands. 

And a straight red if they do that love heart thing after they score.