Gerrard 8

Just now, Bad Robot said:

If it brings in more revenue here and abroad and in particularly the Far East then it’s a no brainer.

Next year we’ll asign him 55 after we get our trophy back ?

In a bit torn tbh because in my opinion no man is bigger than the club but like you say it could give us some exposure we might not have otherwise got in places like you say in the far East

17 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Ok there’s an argument for the revenue aspect but I don’t like the way his playing career is now getting aligned into the management side 

he was a great player, world class but he’s not our player, he’s our manager which is a totally different ball game. 

We can’t be blinded by Gerrard the player when it comes to Gerrard the manager but the two things seem to morph into one because, I feel, we are desperate to cling onto a feel good factor 

let’s see how he pans out as manager and if he’s a success there’s plenty merchandising and appreciation things we can do 

I will never align his playing career with him being our manager but we do need to take advantage and sqeeze every bit revenue out of his name and popularity while we can.

44 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Ok there’s an argument for the revenue aspect but I don’t like the way his playing career is now getting aligned into the management side 

he was a great player, world class but he’s not our player, he’s our manager which is a totally different ball game. 

We can’t be blinded by Gerrard the player when it comes to Gerrard the manager but the two things seem to morph into one because, I feel, we are desperate to cling onto a feel good factor 

let’s see how he pans out as manager and if he’s a success there’s plenty merchandising and appreciation things we can do 

Great post well made

52 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Should be a squad member, If we got to get him on the park for a last minute free kick then that's okay with me.

That guy on the right of the wall should have jumped. Still a better defender than Russell Martin though.

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

This. Was going to write the same. He isn’t with us as a player, although it would have been amazing if he was. Personally it is a bit cringe and disrespectful to Liverpool and also our previous number 8s.

There will be plenty of merchandising opportunities with Gerrard without this. Besides if people want to but a shirt with Gerrard 8 on the back there is nothing to stop them without the club doing it officially.