Gerrard 8

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I’d rather we never became a cringy as fuck club because of who our manager is

Unfortunately that's exactly why he is our manager now.  Nothing to do with his managerial ability as he has none but more to do with his playing career.  Was obvious we would try and cash in as much as possible and there is nothing wrong with that

I prefer him sticking to Manager, than Player.  He needs to sort this team first and foremost before being a player, besides that probably isn't even in his mind anyway.  

However,  if it is for sake of Number 8 shirt with his name on it being merchandised for sales,  then I could see the younger fans would probably love the idea.  

Maybe not so much the more "seasoned" fans... as is evident in this thread:)  

Since when was chasing revenue "gay", "pathetic" or "cringey"?

We are not in a great financial condition and if sticking "Gerrard 8" on our shirts earns even a few extra thousand in sales then fine. Every pound earned is an additional pound which can be spent to improve the team or stadium.

Why not go a step further and produce retro shirts with names and numbers of our past heroes?

In the US market for NFL shirts every team has shirts with the names and numbers of past greats and these earn a lot of money, but money rules the roost in the NFL.

Making money for the club is not desperation,  it is good business sense.  

We want good players etc , therefore making money whichever way works is what needs to be done. 

I wonder at the attitude, sometimes.  

You expect this and that, but when ideas are thrown in,  you scoff at it.

@standup @6superbarry6 good grief :lol:

7 minutes ago, big blue Fin said:

Since when was chasing revenue "gay", "pathetic" or "cringey"?

We are not in a great financial condition and if sticking "Gerrard 8" on our shirts earns even a few extra thousand in sales then fine. Every pound earned is an additional pound which can be spent to improve the team or stadium.

Why not go a step further and produce retro shirts with names and numbers of our past heroes?

In the US market for NFL shirts every team has shirts with the names and numbers of past greats and these earn a lot of money, but money rules the roost in the NFL.

7 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Making money for the club is not desperation,  it is good business sense.  

We want good players etc , therefore making money whichever way works is what needs to be done. 

I wonder at the attitude, sometimes.  

You expect this and that, but when ideas are thrown in,  you scoff at it.

@standup @6superbarry6 good grief :lol:

How is taking a number off a player, and using to sell shirts of a manager who thus far has done nothing not a stupid idea? :lol:

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

How is taking a number off a player, and using to sell shirts of a manager who thus far has done nothing not a stupid idea? :lol:

If it earns money for our club then it's a great idea and I despair of those of us who are seemingly happy to see us skint. 

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Asking our manager to register as a player so we can cash in on what he achieved for another club?

Some of our dignity free with every shirt.

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

At present it appears to be due to season not even starting,  however I can' see why it would be a stupid idea when our club does need money.  

7 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

If the amateurs in charge of us really want more money then orange strip - problem solved 

and sell Tav 

Yes,  that would equally work,  agreed.  

2 minutes ago, big blue Fin said:

If it earns money for our club then it's a great idea and I despair of those of us who are seemingly happy to see us skint. 

Exactly ?

Uncle Billy,  my dad,  Tim the Tosser says I can't have that Stevie G shirt that has just come on sale cause it reeks of desperation and all the RM members say it as well when he is lurking on there.  

I think it's smart as and all my pals have it at school already.  

Will YOU get me one please,  Uncle Billy??!!