Greg Docherty

Mansion

Watching RTV all this week first he won bleep test and got rewarded as far as im aware then seems to be first guy miles infront of rest when doing laps, looks in good shape. Rossiter was 2nd in the laps. Hope all the squad rise to his standard. 

3 minutes ago, Mansion said:

Watching RTV all this week first he won bleep test and got rewarded as far as im aware then seems to be first guy miles infront of rest when doing laps, looks in good shape. Rossiter was 2nd in the laps. Hope all the squad rise to his standard. 

Docherty was a Runner was he not at one point could have chosen that but preferred football.

8 minutes ago, Mansion said:

We're a football team not a running club.

5 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Wee Robbie Crawford used to be the same. Think they said he could run at Olympic level for long distances 

He did a 10k in 36 minutes. It's decent but puts him 50th in Scotland on average per year. Olympic level is 28 odd minutes. He's nowhere near.

Just now, TheKingObv said:

He did a 10k in 36 minutes. It's decent but puts him 50th in Scotland on average per year. Olympic level is 28 odd minutes. He's nowhere near.

Ahh. I thought they'd spoke about him representing Scotland at running or some shit?

Obviously picked it up wrong lol 

You know, I'm a wee bit concerned with all the focus on physical and fitness. It wasn't long ago we derided this type of pre-season as old fashioned and needed to focus more on the technical and tactics.

I'm sure Gerrard will have that covered, surely we won't rock up to the first game fit as fuck but no clue what we're doing on the park.

1 minute ago, theiconicman said:

You know, I'm a wee bit concerned with all the focus on physical and fitness. It wasn't long ago we derided this type of pre-season as old fashioned and needed to focus more on the technical and tactics.

I'm sure Gerrard will have that covered, surely we won't rock up to the first game fit as fuck but no clue what we're doing on the park.

Every single team does mainly fitness work on a pre-season camp, especially considering how unfit we were last season. 

12 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

Fitness had a part to play in the way we collapsed last season as well, fuck even at the begining of last season you could see half the team blowing out there arse from 70 minutes onwards, we did get late goals but they were mostly out of sheer desperation.

I think this'll play a big part in who plays. One of the coaching staff said that we want to have a high intensity team on and off the ball, it seems Geerard will follow Klopp with the gegenpressing model.

So I wouldn't be surprised if you see Docherty flourishing under Gerrard.

36 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

They have the engines and a phenomal midfielder as their manager.

It really is down to them to make the most of this opportunity.

Yeah totaly agree, best chance they will ever get in terms of learning from a legend, lots hope for our sake they learn.

I think we all knew he was a great athlete, he just doesn't have the ability to be a driving box to box midfielder and he doesn't have the aggression or positional nous to be a midfield destroyer type.

I'd expect him to be someone occasionally used from the bench and then to be leave in January or next summer.