Greg Docherty

Mansion

1 minute ago, philiprfc said:

I don't think half a season is enough time to make a judgement on a young boy coming from Hamilton - he stood out in a few games and had a few absolute shiters - so did the entire team.

Think it's a big season for him and a few others.

Yup.

Experienced internationalist have struggled in their first terms here even amongst better players and in winning teams.

It's a fucking HUGE step up from Hamilton and tbh it'll likely be this pre season before he has the confidence to think he deserves to be here.

He might not make it but fuck writing him off already.

33 minutes ago, Amac9 said:

Give him a ball at his feet though and he turns into Bambi.

I think that's harsh.

I can remember, in the first few games when confidence was high, him dribbling passed players.

There's definite talent in there and you'd hope, if anyone was to get that out of him, it'd be Gerrard. His fitness will definitely entice him to the Manager. 

58 minutes ago, ben51 said:

I think this'll play a big part in who plays. One of the coaching staff said that we want to have a high intensity team on and off the ball, it seems Geerard will follow Klopp with the gegenpressing model.

So I wouldn't be surprised if you see Docherty flourishing under Gerrard.

‘Gegenpressing’, I despise modern football & the shitey buzzwords that come with it. Can you no just say high pressing or press as soon as they lose the ball?

20 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Yup.

Experienced internationalist have struggled in their first terms here even amongst better players and in winning teams.

It's a fucking HUGE step up from Hamilton and tbh it'll likely be this pre season before he has the confidence to think he deserves to be here.

He might not make it but fuck writing him off already.

For sure mate - he had 2 very good games against Hearts at home and St Johnstone away and then I think the next league game was the 3-2 against them at Ibrox, in which we put him and Goss up against Brown, Ntcham and Rogic... and ever since, the pair of them were fucking shite who should be out the door according to some people. It's nonsense.

Apart from the fact that they have done a tonne of ball work , the hard running isn’t just about physical fitness.

It’s about mental fitness. That’s what Gullane sands was about too all those years ago  

We were psychologically weak last season. Get these fucking pussies hardened up. 

No surrender isn’t just a tagline, it has to be drilled into them with fucking hard work. 

48 minutes ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

‘Gegenpressing’, I despise modern football & the shitey buzzwords that come with it. Can you no just say high pressing or press as soon as they lose the ball?

That's what it means, so why would I not just say one word?

Think he’ll be a good squad player this season and will have to cool his heels and use the season as a learning curve as I’m hoping we’ll be signing a solid dependable CM.  

Didn’t show enough to suggest he’d be a first team pick.  

Mind you, who did ?

The remnants of last season have it all to prove.  

The improved mentality & atmosphere around the club will hopefully provide them with the platform to do so.  

3 hours ago, CoopsLaud said:

Great to hear rossiter fitness coming along.

I’d actually heard that even while he was out injured he was still first in all the fitness tests. This must’ve been on the basis that his injury although stopping him playing didn’t stop him training.

24 minutes ago, BigDak said:

I’d actually heard that even while he was out injured he was still first in all the fitness tests. This must’ve been on the basis that his injury although stopping him playing didn’t stop him training.

Interesting. A bit of a strange one the rossiter situation.

40 minutes ago, BigDak said:

Running slowly in a straight line is different from playing a football match tbf.