Meet BROXI – RM Bravehound Dug.

Bears r us

Mrs B r u and I went along to the Armed Forces Day at Erskine today. Part of the day is a dog show which is run by Bravehound, and we were hoping to maybe see Broxi.

At first after speaking to Fiona the lady who runs Bravehound it seemed that Broxi would not be there. She explained that the family who have him for about 10 months puppy training might not make it. With that news we thought we would head down to the parade ring and have a look at what other dogs were being shown.

After about 10 minutes we heard the announcer say “We now have Broxi making his first appearance at a dog  show at 11 weeks old” We both looked at each other and headed closer towards the ring and saw this beautiful pup walking with a lady handler and when they happened to stop close to where we were I did not miss the chance to say “Is that Broxi the RM Bravehound dog?” she said “Yes it was” and although they were still inside the ring she was very happy to get a quick picture. As you can see he looks fantastic and seems so laid back for such a young dog and she said he is like that all the time. In about a year or so someone who needs him is going to get a wonderful companion.

image.thumb.png.95cae73040aebcbb9424b2101fd7957a.png

We hope to get a chance to see him again before too long when he is along at the Bravehound centre at Erskine so that I can get more pics and post them on here.

They are keen for everyone on RM who helped pay for him to be kept up to date with his progress.

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Born a proddy and wears a great name on his wee shoulders, grow up young pup and bite the tarrier bastards whenever you see them! Okay maybe not bite but do a shite on the pavement and look at them and let people know the manky bastard did it!

8 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Very proud moment for the forum and you can take great credit too, Govanblue

Yes mate, when GB started the fund raising idea a good number of years ago and so many responded to his initiative it makes you feel good about RM that is for sure. 

16 hours ago, Bears r us said:

Mrs B r u and I went along to the Armed Forces Day at Erskine today. Part of the day is a dog show which is run by Bravehound, and we were hoping to maybe see Broxi.

At first after speaking to Fiona the lady who runs Bravehound it seemed that Broxi would not be there. She explained that the family who have him for about 10 months puppy training might not make it. With that news we thought we would head down to the parade ring and have a look at what other dogs were being shown.

After about 10 minutes we heard the announcer say “We now have Broxi making his first appearance at a dog  show at 11 weeks old” We both looked at each other and headed closer towards the ring and saw this beautiful pup walking with a lady handler and when they happened to stop close to where we were I did not miss the chance to say “Is that Broxi the RM Bravehound dog?” she said “Yes it was” and although they were still inside the ring she was very happy to get a quick picture. As you can see he looks fantastic and seems so laid back for such a young dog and she said he is like that all the time. In about a year or so someone who needs him is going to get a wonderful companion.

image.thumb.png.95cae73040aebcbb9424b2101fd7957a.png

We hope to get a chance to see him again before too long when he is along at the Bravehound centre at Erskine so that I can get more pics and post them on here.

They are keen for everyone on RM who helped pay for him to be kept up to date with his progress.

More of a white coat than golden. Is this just a puppy thing?

If he stays white then a red and blue harness and collar is a must. If another wee donation is required to get the Wee Man some bespoke gear, count me in.

1 hour ago, Jakes Pal said:

If he stays white then a red and blue harness and collar is a must. If another wee donation is required to get the Wee Man some bespoke gear, count me in.

He is much whiter than I expected mate, his sister was there as well and she is much more golden in colour. Fantastic looking in whatever shade I think. 

They seem to have specially made harnesses with Bravehound on them, unfortunately it was a very quick pic opportunity so did not get a shot of that. They want us to come and see him when he is a bit older and should have a chance to get much better pics to share on here. 

2 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

He is much whiter than I expected mate, his sister was there as well and she is much more golden in colour. Fantastic looking in whatever shade I think. 

They seem to have specially made harnesses with Bravehound on them, unfortunately it was a very quick pic opportunity so did not get a shot to shop that. They want us to come and see him when he is a bit older and should have a chance to get much better pics to share on here. 

Broxi should be spoiled rotten as far as I am concerned. A nice Union Flag doggy jacket for the winter months, steak dinner once a week for him and whoever is lucky enough to be assigned as his carer.

A dog is for life, he is ours.

21 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

Broxi should be spoiled rotten as far as I am concerned. A nice Union Flag doggy jacket for the winter months, steak dinner once a week for him and whoever is lucky enough to be assigned as his carer.

A dog is for life, he is ours.

The family who have him until he is about 10 months to a year training him were saying they would maybe take him to Ibrox when he was a bit older. 

Whoever gets him when he is ready will have a wonderful companion IMO. :thumbup:

22 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Very proud moment for the forum and you can take great credit too, Govanblue

Very proud indeed!  :isay:

7 hours ago, Bears r us said:

they would maybe take him to Ibrox when he was a bit older. 

What's this maybe??? :p:

But it does bring up the idea that BRAVEHOUND could probably deliver quite an interesting wee half-time show at Ibrox. :tu:

8 hours ago, Jakes Pal said:

I was wondering that too.  There is definitely no white in the original litter photos.  I assumed they must all have turned white, before they grow their final coat, but B r u says his sister is not so white.  We can always get a paternity test if we need one.  :tu:

8 hours ago, billym27 said:

what am i missing here? why have we bought a dug?

he's too cute though. get him up into ibrox.

Here's the original thread...

And yes, we're still happily accepting donations for Broxi's continued upkeep - A dug is for life after all.  :tu:

Archived