Meet BROXI – RM Bravehound Dug.

Bears r us

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Bears r us said:

Pam has had Broxi on the train and bus on a trip to Glasgow today, he is coping with public transport no problem, when his chauffeur is not available. :thumbsup:

BroxiatBravehoundexibition.jpg

Broxiarta.jpg

Broxionbus.jpg

Broxiatbusstation.jpg

Sure does get about!! :thumbup:

On 18/04/2019 at 21:25, Bears r us said:

Broxi is not involved :headscratch: but Bravehound is featured on this TV programme on 30th April, you might want to set it up to record. :thumbup:

Last reminder to set you recorders for this programme TOMORROW TUESDAY 30th. :cheers:

1 hour ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Seen on Irmas owners page on twitter, Max, Irma and North the duck. Have you seen the duckling yet as well? Haha 

Love it:) 

D5UVC0DWsAEP7RB.jpeg

Not seen it yet but saw the tweet about the birth. That is a wonderful pic you have posted. :thumbup:

Mrs Bru has the prog recorded to watch later. 

2 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:cheers:

Very informative short but in depth programme .... about just how important Bravehound is to the wellbeing of our less fortunate armed forces personnel who suffer PTSD or similar when back on  civvie  street.

Thanks for the heads up Bud ..... definitely worth a watch as it brings home just how fortunate  .... we who helped sponsor Broxie .... are to be involved in Bravehound.

To quote Malvern ..... "Possibly one of the best things (sponsor) I have ever done" ..... never a truer word was said in this instance.

The Veteran who is the recipient of Broxie will be so much more able to cope over time with this gift of a very special companion ..... who will help make their life that bit more sunnier.

:UK:

32 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

Very informative short but in depth programme .... about just how important Bravehound is to the wellbeing of our less fortunate armed forces personnel who suffer PTSD or similar when back on  civvie  street.

Thanks for the heads up Bud ..... definitely worth a watch as it brings home just how fortunate  .... we who helped sponsor Broxie .... are to be involved in Bravehound.

To quote Malvern ..... "Possibly one of the best things (sponsor) I have ever done" ..... never a truer word was said in this instance.

The Veteran who is the recipient of Broxie will be so much more able to cope over time with this gift of a very special companion ..... who will help make their life that bit more sunnier.

It was certainly worth watching mate, I have bumped it a few times to give folk to watch it if they want.

I think it also came across just how well Fiona is doing since she came up with the idea, she is getting publicity everywhere and has a great ability to converse with anyone at any level, a wonderful lady doing a fantastic job. :thumbup: 

16 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

It was certainly worth watching mate, I have bumped it a few times to give folk to watch it if they want.

I think it also came across just how well Fiona is doing since she came up with the idea, she is getting publicity everywhere and has a great ability to converse with anyone at any level, a wonderful lady doing a fantastic job. :thumbup: 

Correct Bud ..... She certainly is to be commended for her winner of a charity that gives so much to the lives of the recipients of companions like Broxie and all the other Bravehounds.

Brilliant Idea indeed.

Mrs Bru and I popped along to Erskine today to see Pam, Broxi and Fiona for a wee catch up at their normal training day.

If any of you watched the Countryfile Diaries prog above you will have seen one of the veterans have his dog get him his medication twice a day. Well he was at the training today and showed us how the dog does it, the dog responds to music which is set up on his phone alarm, the amazing thing was that he only responds to one song, the veteran played a few tunes and the dog did nothing, then when the trigger tune was payed he immediately went to a cupboard and picked up his wee bag with his meds and brought it to him. It was fantastic to see and just shows how much these dogs can help their veterans. 

Now back to Broxi, he was also getting some new training today, he was sitting with 'human' food (small bits of shortbread) on his front paws (see pic) and asked to wait for a wee while and then given lots of praise and given a dog treat for not eating it :happy: this is a way to stop him wanting food from his veteran or when out among people, I think this was his first go at it and as you can imagine was a star. :thumbsup:  

Broxiaterskine.jpg

Broxierskineb.jpg

Broxiaterskinea.jpg

Archived