Meet BROXI – RM Bravehound Dug.

Bears r us

The suggestion period will begin on Wednesday 3 October and will run until Sunday 14 October, before the names are whittled down by a judging panel including a gritter driver, Care at Home worker and a member of the local community.

The finalists will be split into groups and the community will be invited to vote on their winners through the council's Twitter page @RenCouncilNews.

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

The suggestion period will begin on Wednesday 3 October and will run until Sunday 14 October, before the names are whittled down by a judging panel including a gritter driver, Care at Home worker and a member of the local community.

The finalists will be split into groups and the community will be invited to vote on their winners through the council's Twitter page @RenCouncilNews.

?

Cheers Cushy,

I've just now come from spending 40 mins of my lunch hour plus 25 mins earlier this morning putting in Bravehound suggestions mate .... do you think we should keep bombarding them hoping they get the message so that Bravehounds is one of the finalists?

Can't hurt I suppose .... what do you think ?

:UK:

1 hour ago, Bobby Hume said:

?

Cheers Cushy,

I've just now come from spending 40 mins of my lunch hour plus 25 mins earlier this morning putting in Bravehound suggestions mate .... do you think we should keep bombarding them hoping they get the message so that Bravehounds is one of the finalists?

Can't hurt I suppose .... what do you think ?

:UK:

absolutely :lol:

On 08/10/2018 at 10:40, cushynumber said:

get tweeting

If you have a wee while spare you can vote with the word 'BRAVEHOUND' at this link https://survey123.arcgis.com/share/a08a854b709c45bcbbf8825e4d110dc5

as often as you want and see if we can get Bravehound to the next stage of the competition. It would be good publicity for them if they did get a gritter named after them. :thumbup: 

6 hours ago, Bears r us said:

If you have a wee while spare you can vote with the word 'BRAVEHOUND' at this link https://survey123.arcgis.com/share/a08a854b709c45bcbbf8825e4d110dc5

as often as you want and see if we can get Bravehound to the next stage of the competition. It would be good publicity for them if they did get a gritter named after them. :thumbup: 

^^^^

1 hour ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Is 30 times too much?  I'll do another 10 or 20 later ?

30 is great STG and any more you do will be fantastic, Bobby Hume and Cushy have been doing great work voting and I have also done a fair number. 

Whether we can get it to the next stage of voting I have no idea, but if we try we will have done our best. :thumbup:

On 09/10/2018 at 16:48, Bears r us said:

^^^^

On 09/10/2018 at 16:48, Bears r us said:

That is another 20 + for BRAVEHOUND done. :happy:

8 minutes ago, govanblue said:

Broxi out doing some Ceremonial Duties...

image.thumb.png.dcaa9a8adde5e0e0d469c4210b400ec9.png

It turns out Hewlett Packard support Rangers too.  :rangers:

Get him down Hollybush for a walk GB lads down there and staff would love to see him. Plus maybe get him introduced to Steve Brown might make a portrait if we ask nicely ?

1 hour ago, Band of Brothers said:

Get him down Hollybush for a walk GB lads down there and staff would love to see him. Plus maybe get him introduced to Steve Brown might make a portrait if we ask nicely ?

That's a good idea. :tu:  He's living in Kilmarnock right now, so not that far away.

Just now, govanblue said:

That's a good idea. :tu:  He's living in Kilmarnock right now, so not that far away.

Staff and veterans would love it and 1 of lads had a bravehound that helps him and they are amazing plus Ally got the honour of meeting them ?.

His bravehound is his life and honestly now I know they take us with our own dogs I'm there as mine a loony.

8 hours ago, govanblue said:

Just a thought chaps, but since this is just the initial nominations phase, I reckon it only needs a handful of votes to get through to the next stage - unless we get disqualified for vote-rigging! :matron:

It is difficult to be sure GB, but we are going for a big vote for Bravehound. :happy:

8 hours ago, govanblue said:

Now for the next phase - everybody move to Renfrewshire.  :thumbsup:

I think Bobby and Cushy like myself qualify at that stage but my concern is the three people who make the decision on what names go through to that vote. Are they the right people to want Bravehound put forward ? :hmmm:

10 hours ago, Band of Brothers said:

Staff and veterans would love it and 1 of lads had a bravehound that helps him and they are amazing plus Ally got the honour of meeting them ?.

His bravehound is his life and honestly now I know they take us with our own dogs I'm there as mine a loony.

Made contact with Bravehound mate, will get back to you later. :thumbup:

4 hours ago, Bears r us said:

It is difficult to be sure GB, but we are going for a big vote for Bravehound. :happy:

I think Bobby and Cushy like myself qualify at that stage but my concern is the three people who make the decision on what names go through to that vote. Are they the right people to want Bravehound put forward ? :hmmm:

?

That is a slight concern right enough Bud ..... hopefully the committee are already aware of Bravehound and the good work they are doing. 

My thoughts on the matter are that they will see a dedicated force seeking to put Bravehound out front as a meaningful candidate rather than a meaningless songster like .... "Paolo Grittini" ???

I will go back to the time we all multi-voted for Joe Garner and lo and behold we got some positive  reaction there ..... so with all due respect .... I think it wouldn't do any harm to continue voting till the deadline on Sunday .... even if we don't get to the next round we will have made them well aware of the support Bravehound has in the community.

:UK: PS.... I also think that the council will be only too happy they got a good response to their community project .... and I'm hoping it will appeal to their better selves.

Archived