Meet BROXI – RM Bravehound Dug.

Bears r us

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12 October 18

Derek Johnstone: Rangers fans' efforts for Erskine are incredible

FOOTBALL fans in Scotland get a bad name and reputation at times and few people seem to talk up the good work that they do for their clubs, their communities or charity.

Sometimes the negative headlines are justified but it is only right that we praise people when they do good and the Rangers support do some wonderful things for people across the country.

Tonight I will be at the Sherbrook Hotel on behalf of the club to congratulate the Rangers Supporters Erskine Appeal. They have raised more than £800,000 in the last three years for Erskine Hospital and I am delighted to be asked to go along and thank them for the great work that they have done and that they will continue to do.

This is the fourth time that they have held a dinner in Glasgow and the money they have been able to donate to Erskine really is incredible. It is a wonderful effort.

I know the RSEA is a charity that is close to the hearts of the Rangers support and the effort that they put in to raise money and support the Veterans is wonderful. They are a credit to themselves and the club.

Two of the famous faces that were so influential with the RSEA were the legendary Harold Davis and Johnny Hubbard, both of whom are sadly no longer with us.

The there will be two seats empty at the top table tonight as a mark of respect and I am sure everyone will be thinking of Harold and Johnny.

I also need to mention the fundraising efforts on behalf of David Hagen, who was sadly diagnosed with Motor Neurone Disease and is fighting that horrible illness.

There have been dinners and events over the last few weeks and a Rangers XI will face a Hearts and Falkirk XI at The Falkirk Stadium on Sunday, October 21.

The work that people are doing to raise money for David and his family is fantastic and I wish him all the best in his battle.

https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/16976654.derek-johnstone-Rangers-fans-efforts-for-erskine-are-incredible/

On 08/10/2018 at 16:23, Bears r us said:

The word back from Fiona and Pam at Bravehound is that BROXI will be back at Ibrox before he joins up with his veteran, he should be again in spring 2019.

The next visit date/time will be put up in this thread a few weeks before he is due to make his second appearance.

This will give more people the chance to meet him and especially those from RM who got held up in traffic on Sunday and missed him.

Another chance below to help BRAVEHOUND:

As @govanblue and @cushynumber posted above, could we try and help get a Renfrewshire snow plough named after BRAVEHOUND, the link GB put up is below and I have voted a few times so maybe there is no limit to how often a person votes :happy: the main thing is a plough named BRAVEHOUND would get them a lot of publicity and help this great charity.  

https://survey123.arcgis.com/share/a08a854b709c45bcbbf8825e4d110dc5

Last day for voting for BRAVEHOUND to get it into the next round. :cheers:

On 13/10/2018 at 18:35, Heshootshescores said:

Nice words on Evening Times, about Rangers Supporters Erskine Appeal, and I understand DJ will represent the club at a dinner to recognise the amazing efforts. 

I hope the guys on here that do such fantastic work for this cause are recognised at the event. 

No, we won't be, except maybe in the context of "the many other Rangers Fan groups who do so much for Erskine."

And rightly so - it's their gig.

While we are BIG Supporters of RSEA and everything they do, we've not actually ever donated a single penny to them, so they don't owe us a single thanks!

And in terms of recognition:  The RSEA is a proper charity who have an obligation to promote themselves in order to raise awareness and raise funds in the world-wide Rangers community.   We are self-contained and don't (and in fact won't) ever seek publicity or donations from outside the Bears' Den.  So since we don't need recognition, we don't seek it.

So don't be surprised if nobody seems to publicly recognise our efforts - it's usually because I've asked them not to!

govanblue receiving an exclusive Erskine 100 medal on Behalf of the RM Erskine Fund Members - months before Rangers FC got theirs!!!...

GB_Medal2.thumb.jpg.618c9c1ab0e7ea7e458feab41f297de1.jpg

On 13/10/2018 at 11:21, Bears r us said:

@govanblue and @Band of Brothers the visit to Hollybush will be done in the next few weeks.

Broxi and his trainer and family are going away on holiday down south but when they get back in about ten days time a visit will happen. 

broxiwithscarf.jpg

As easy as that!  :thumbsup:

20 hours ago, Bears r us said:

Last day for voting for BRAVEHOUND to get it into the next round. :cheers:

:cheers:

Just checked the link for voting and it is still accepting votes Bud ..... so I pummelled in a "few" more for Bravehound .... a simple case of ... "Oh! look ... Open windae" ... :p:

let's hope that our initial efforts have helped and get Bravehound to the next round.

:UK:

1 hour ago, Bobby Hume said:

Just checked the link for voting and it is still accepting votes Bud ..... so I pummelled in a "few" more for Bravehound .... a simple case of ... "Oh! look ... Open windae" ... :p:

let's hope that our initial efforts have helped and get Bravehound to the next round.

Well done mate, I have been a bit busy this morning and did not manage to have a look. It will be interesting to see if it makes it through to the next round. 

:thumbsup:

On 14/10/2018 at 22:29, govanblue said:

No, we won't be, except maybe in the context of "the many other Rangers Fan groups who do so much for Erskine."

And rightly so - it's their gig.

While we are BIG Supporters of RSEA and everything they do, we've not actually ever donated a single penny to them, so they don't owe us a single thanks!

And in terms of recognition:  The RSEA is a proper charity who have an obligation to promote themselves in order to raise awareness and raise funds in the world-wide Rangers community.   We are self-contained and don't (and in fact won't) ever seek publicity or donations from outside the Bears' Den.  So since we don't need recognition, we don't seek it.

So don't be surprised if nobody seems to publicly recognise our efforts - it's usually because I've asked them not to!

govanblue receiving an exclusive Erskine 100 medal on Behalf of the RM Erskine Fund Members - months before Rangers FC got theirs!!!...

GB_Medal2.thumb.jpg.618c9c1ab0e7ea7e458feab41f297de1.jpg

Thought that was a photo shop of you until I met you the first time ?.

I know thanks and praise isn't what you seek, but respect is what you deserve and are given on here mate.

Keep up the good work.

I see that Broxi will be travelling all the way down to Portsmouth this weekend to support the runners in the Great South Run.  That's Dedication for you!

So if you're a Bear, and you're in Portsmouth (or Gosport) then you bloody well better get along there and say Hullo!  

broxiwithscarf.thumb.jpg.ea13ffa7241a9ef

Hey Dog owners, check this out...

I still have places available in October for my 30 Breeds photoshoots, for just a £20 donation to Bravehound. Click here to enter:
https://www.highlanddreams.photography/30-Breeds

43632679_2193434544235088_49276362595363

It's in Forres.

If anyone is interested, let me know.

If a few people are interested, given that we're all supporters of Bravehound, we might be able to negotiate something special?

On 18/10/2018 at 13:01, Bears r us said:

As GB said above our Broxi is down south and he is checking out the local area already.

Broxiatselseyb.jpg

Broxiatselseya.jpg

Broxiatselsey.jpg

He just looks such a happy dog. Someone is going to be very lucky to get our lad as his/her help.

5 minutes ago, ZZed said:

He just looks such a happy dog. Someone is going to be very lucky to get our lad as his/her help.

I could not agree more mate, very calm, happy and takes everything in his stride. Whoever gets him will be getting a wonderful companion. :thumbup:

On 25/10/2018 at 17:15, Bears r us said:

Thought I should pop these up before I head to the game. Broxi and Pam were invited to meet the Provost at East Ayrshire council today, as you can see Broxi made himself at home. What a dog. 

Broxiatcouncilb.jpg

Broxiatcouncild.jpg

Broxiatcouncilc.jpg

Broxiatcouncila.jpg

Broxi for Lord Provost I would say. :happy:

33 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Was just going to post it from twitter BNB, well spotted. :thumbup:

Great wee video:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/45993865/bravehound-the-dogs-who-help-veterans-with-ptsd

After yesterday's disappointment that we clip has cheered me up no end Bud ....... very glad to see Bravehound getting the positive exposure it deserves ... it is a wonderful charity that actually shows the improvement it makes on someone's life ... very uplifting indeed.

Not unlike the work that the RM Erskine Fund does to help veterans have a better quality of life ..... and all the pictures you and GB put up and the work you both do along with Zetland  only make it obvious that this work is so important in the wellbeing of good people who are in need of a friend to see them through hard times .... as much as I love The Rangers .... this puts into perspective the really important values .....  one being quality of life.

Keep up the good work people. 

Archived