Ryan Jack speaks on Tackle by Kipre

Lloyd

Ryan Jack has blasted Motherwell defender Cedric Kipre for the horror tackle that ended his debut season at Rangers.

The midfielder was on the end of a nasty challenge from the Frenchman during a clash between the sides at Ibrox last December.

Then Ibrox gaffer Graeme Murty angered Gers fans when he defended Motherwell stopper at the time and claimed there was no intent from Kipre.

But raging Jack claimed the tackle that saw him stretchered off in agony was deliberate and resulted in him going under the knife for a knee operation.

Jack didn’t feature again in a nightmare first campaign and while the 26-year-old is now back fit and raring to go under new boss Steven Gerrard he still feels a sense of anger towards Kipre.

Asked about the challenge, the Scotland cap said: “I thought it was a shocking tackle, to be honest.

“There is no point me sitting and saying I thought it was a good challenge or an unlucky challenge, I thought he waited until I got the ball and then he knew he had a chance to hurt me and he did.

“I’ve watched it back and every time I saw it it’s not nice. It’s never nice to watch back and see yourself get injured.”

Speaking at the time, former boss Murty claimed there was no intent and said: “Ryan slides in to make a pass and the guy goes to block it,

“I didn’t think he actually stamped and pushed down, I didn’t feel he put any pressure through the challenge.

“It was a coming together that is a nasty one and it is sore but in regard of intent I am not sure there was any there.”

Jack saying that makes what Murty said even worse, spineless cunt couldn’t even come out and defend his own player.

It was a horrendous tackle when you see it from a certain angle (the camera in the Broomloan Stand looking out to it). Totally intentional IMO.

It's a shame that the replay that shows you the ref's view of it doesn't do the tackle justice or the dirty bastard would have got a straight red for it.

10 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Ryan Jack has blasted Motherwell defender Cedric Kipre for the horror tackle that ended his debut season at Rangers.

The midfielder was on the end of a nasty challenge from the Frenchman during a clash between the sides at Ibrox last December.

Then Ibrox gaffer Graeme Murty angered Gers fans when he defended Motherwell stopper at the time and claimed there was no intent from Kipre.

But raging Jack claimed the tackle that saw him stretchered off in agony was deliberate and resulted in him going under the knife for a knee operation.

Jack didn’t feature again in a nightmare first campaign and while the 26-year-old is now back fit and raring to go under new boss Steven Gerrard he still feels a sense of anger towards Kipre.

Asked about the challenge, the Scotland cap said: “I thought it was a shocking tackle, to be honest.

“There is no point me sitting and saying I thought it was a good challenge or an unlucky challenge, I thought he waited until I got the ball and then he knew he had a chance to hurt me and he did.

“I’ve watched it back and every time I saw it it’s not nice. It’s never nice to watch back and see yourself get injured.”

Speaking at the time, former boss Murty claimed there was no intent and said: “Ryan slides in to make a pass and the guy goes to block it,

“I didn’t think he actually stamped and pushed down, I didn’t feel he put any pressure through the challenge.

“It was a coming together that is a nasty one and it is sore but in regard of intent I am not sure there was any there.”

Jack saying that makes what Murty said even worse, spineless cunt couldn’t even come out and defend his own player.

The part you've highlighted is spot on and wish Murty would fuck off.

3 hours ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

It was a disgrace of a tackle and the cunt should have seen red for the foul and a longer ban for the assault. 

I am glad jack is back though I fear he isn't good enough but he is another option for us so it can only help to have him back 

The ref didn’t even give a free kick !

4 hours ago, Siwel said:

And Murty still at this time has a job with the under 20’s? FFS! 

I sent a video of that tackle to a friend of mine who was one of the best Referees  in the game; I made no comment on it but just asked him what decision the Referee would/should make. Within 5 minutes of sending the video, he phoned me back and said; Definite red card for the player in yellow. Yet Beaton didn't even give a foul for it.

Im glad he has said this.

Some players (perhaps under instruction from Manager) would have said / been told to say "it was last season. We are moving on..." etc... new manager, new players.

Personally, I want this stuff highlighted even if now in hindsight. 

Tav or Morelos opinion of being manhandled by Hibs would be a good start 

2 hours ago, GeeSS said:

The ref didn’t even give a free kick !

Yeah I know it was appalling and to make matters worse Jack himself was sent off for passing a ball against the sheep and his follow through accidentally catching the player in a completely unavoidably collision.

7 hours ago, K.A.I said:

It was a horrendous tackle when you see it from a certain angle (the camera in the Broomloan Stand looking out to it). Totally intentional IMO.

It's a shame that the replay that shows you the ref's view of it doesn't do the tackle justice or the dirty bastard would have got a straight red for it.

Think we all agree but what happened to the compliance officer. Oops.

8 hours ago, Siwel said:

Interesting that you’ve cut the end of Ryan Jack’s quotes.