The Missing Drinker

Nalla1959

Not as bad as the OP thinks in my humble opinion. There are obviously Rangers pubs all over Scotland, you are never far from one. Whilst they might not display their allegiance in an obvious manner (with one or two exceptions), you just have to get familiar with your territory. There is even a Rangers pub in Coatbridge FFS ( last time I checked, Coatbridge Bear may be able to confirm). In Glasgow you have too many to mention, and just in the City Centre alone you have The Auctioneers & The Horseshoe (yes it still is predominantly Bluenose) within 2 minutes of each other.

Believe me, if things pick up under Gerrard as we all hope they will, your local Bluenose bar will become an increasingly busy venue.

2 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

Not as bad as the OP thinks in my humble opinion. There are obviously Rangers pubs all over Scotland, you are never far from one. Whilst they might not display their allegiance in an obvious manner (with one or two exceptions), you just have to get familiar with your territory. There is even a Rangers pub in Coatbridge FFS ( last time I checked, Coatbridge Bear may be able to confirm). In Glasgow you have too many to mention, and just in the City Centre alone you have The Auctioneers & The Horseshoe (yes it still is predominantly Bluenose) within 2 minutes of each other.

Believe me, if things pick up under Gerrard as we all hope they will, your local Bluenose bar will become an increasingly busy venue.

A  lot of good bears in the Brig , you tend to find that with partisan filth majorities the bears are even more staunch, in saying that there is a sizeable underestimated amount of our culture in Coatbridge.

Gers fans having difficulty getting boozed up ? Shocking indictment of today's fanbase. 

During the seventies and eighties was never a problem popping in to a few pubs on the way to the game, or drinking a few cans or bottles on the way, then popping in to a local off license to stock up and smuggle some cans and bottles in for the game itself. Then plenty of pubs down the PRW or in to Partick on the subway to carry on drinking in the many Gers pubs of the time, or piling in to local pubs on away games that were always happy to take money.

Modern supporters need to man up and carry on these traditions by making more of an effort, at least most of our current players seem to understand our traditions and still apparently have a well boozed, well practised drink culture, even now Ally has gone.......... fuxache next thing you know fans will be forgetting the correct words for "The Billy Boys".

And by the way, I suspect the OP's drink of choice may be red wine and wafers followed by a bumming from the priest.

1 hour ago, tannerall said:

Gers fans having difficulty getting boozed up ? Shocking indictment of today's fanbase. 

During the seventies and eighties was never a problem popping in to a few pubs on the way to the game, or drinking a few cans or bottles on the way, then popping in to a local off license to stock up and smuggle some cans and bottles in for the game itself. Then plenty of pubs down the PRW or in to Partick on the subway to carry on drinking in the many Gers pubs of the time, or piling in to local pubs on away games that were always happy to take money.

Modern supporters need to man up and carry on these traditions by making more of an effort, at least most of our current players seem to understand our traditions and still apparently have a well boozed, well practised drink culture, even now Ally has gone.......... fuxache next thing you know fans will be forgetting the correct words for "The Billy Boys".

And by the way, I suspect the OP's drink of choice may be red wine and wafers followed by a bumming from the priest.

sounds like you have a bit of experience with the pineapple ways.