Bus Driver Who Killed Ryan Baird Given 5 Years

FSM

6 minutes ago, Walter-of-Smith said:

Good. Should never have been going at that speed approaching a roundabout in a bus.

The evil thing is he tried to say the brakes failed but got caught out and that is unforgivable.

Thoughts with the Bear's family.

The jury heard the speed limit on that road for buses is 50mph.

Phillips admitted in evidence he never once looked at his speedometer during the journey and claimed that “everyone drives at 10mph above the speed limit.”

Arsehole.

3 minutes ago, FSM said:

The jury heard the speed limit on that road for buses is 50mph.

Phillips admitted in evidence he never once looked at his speedometer during the journey and claimed that “everyone drives at 10mph above the speed limit.”

Arsehole.

Probably not far off being accurate, but can’t put others at risk.

I’d have hammered him harder than the 5 years. Had wee kids on the bus too. And the prick lied about it.

6 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I’d have hammered him harder than the 5 years. Had wee kids on the bus too. And the prick lied about it.

Aye, but he was doing 23mph above the speed limit, approaching a roundabout, in a bus full of people.

8 minutes ago, Drumloyal said:

Cunts who speed like fuck and drunk drivers are fuckin scum.  Exponentially more so when it pertains to cunts that drive buses, trains etc. 

Totally agree. Even worse when it's wee bams who do it to impress their pals and think it's a laugh. 

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

10 mph for a fully loaded coach is a lot harder to slow down than someone driving themselves in a small car. And also one person crashing themselves to death is different to being responsible for coach load of people. Ridiculous excuse. 

3 hours ago, Gman36 said:

10 mph for a fully loaded coach is a lot harder to slow down than someone driving themselves in a small car. And also one person crashing themselves to death is different to being responsible for coach load of people. Ridiculous excuse. 

Agreed. 

A terrible tragedy, apparently the driver was friends with those injured, and those moments of sheer stupidity have caused serious injury and death and anguish and pain to wider family and friends. Over 50 mile mph approaching a roundabout on a big bus is ludicrous.

But why did no-one on the bus question his driving ? After all he was apparently amongst friends. Was this asked in court ? 

There is no excuse for driving like a maniac, I was on a train service bus with many standing only, and the driver was driving at 60mph in gusts of 60mph winds, swaying around. He dropped his speed to 50mph so a strong letter was sent to the train operators, who replied saying my comments had been noted and due action taken. I left it there. 

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Doesn’t bring Ryan back for his family, but at least someone has been held to account for his death. 

exactly this, however i dont know much about the driver but if he has a family of his own he has effectively destroyed 2 families.  cunt of a guy and should have got more than 5 years

Doesn't matter what your driving it's a deadly thing in the wrong hands or being driven recklessly. I've been driving 2 years now and the idiots I see on the road never ceases to amaze me. Granted I'm not perfect but approaching a roundabout at 50 is asking for trouble. 

1 hour ago, MisterC said:

Doesn't matter what your driving it's a deadly thing in the wrong hands or being driven recklessly. I've been driving 2 years now and the idiots I see on the road never ceases to amaze me. Granted I'm not perfect but approaching a roundabout at 50 is asking for trouble. 

I've been driving for 24 years, and  the standards nowadays are fucking shocking.