Bus Driver Who Killed Ryan Baird Given 5 Years

FSM

6 hours ago, FSM said:

The jury heard the speed limit on that road for buses is 50mph.

Phillips admitted in evidence he never once looked at his speedometer during the journey and claimed that “everyone drives at 10mph above the speed limit.”

Arsehole.

Blaming his crime on everyone else. Despicable.

7 hours ago, Walter-of-Smith said:

Good. Should never have been going at that speed approaching a roundabout in a bus.

The evil thing is he tried to say the brakes failed but got caught out and that is unforgivable.

Thoughts with the Bear's family.

Five years seems excessive, then again I was totally unaware of what you just posted so he deserves every minute of the five years and I hope his cell-mate is a large African with homosexual tendencies. 

1 minute ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Five years seems excessive, then again I was totally unaware of what you just posted so he deserves every minute of the five years and I hope his cell-mate is a large African with homosexual tendencies. 

I hope he has many long nights to think on what a bastard he is

24 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

So you try not to kill your own kids, but aren’t fussed about other people’s?

hope you were joking or totally read my comment wrongly.my point was when I other people in car and not just myself,I'm EXTRA careful.

9 minutes ago, WATPWATP said:

hope you were joking or totally read my comment wrongly.my point was when I other people in car and not just myself,I'm EXTRA careful.

I read it that you drive more dangerously if you don’t have kids in the car, therefore are happy endangering other people. May have picked you up wrong.

6 hours ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

Not really anything to do with speed limits and more to do with inappropriate speed on approach to a junction and poor judgement.

Haven’t read the article but an extended re-sit of his driving test should be set in stone.

Exactly, approaching a roundabout at 50 is insane let alone in a 50 seater coach.