I think it's disgusting how all these fuckers want back now things are looking up an Gerrard is at the helm. I realise some of them would do a half decent job for us but I feel as a club wed be letting ourselves down taking them back, in a way we've already let ourselves down taking back one. If they thought that much of our great club they wouldn't have left in the manner they did in the first place.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Fergie_6 said:

We received a fee for Davis, so what's that problem with him? Don't start he should have helped us through the league's and waste 4 years of his career, he was Good enough for the epl Nd proved that

the club insisted that he was in breach of contract and that we would seek compensation - which we eventually got from Southampton. Once the legalities were clear up, he was free to sign for them. he couldnt get out fast enough - rejected tupe on circa 26th june - and had signed for Southampton by 7th july.

whats the problem? we got peanuts for - as you say - an EPL class midfielder

whats the problem....ffs

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bluekev said:

I think it's disgusting how all these fuckers want back now things are looking up an Gerrard is at the helm. I realise some of them would do a half decent job for us but I feel as a club wed be letting ourselves down taking them back, in a way we've already let ourselves down taking back one. If they thought that much of our great club they wouldn't have left in the manner they did in the first place.

bang on

I want to win trophies and stop the rhats in the east end of the city. That's all I care about. So yes, sign him up.

2 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

It's a yes for me.  Can pick passes all day long. 

All day long? He can't even get to 90 mins now

I hope not because his best years are behind him,

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JimmyCR1 said:

Calling Davis over rated lol, would be easily the best midfielder in the league if he returns. 

This comment has been said about almost every midfielder we've signed over the past couple of seasons.

It's yet to be true.

• Like 3

Just now, SkylineBlue said:

I want to win trophies and stop the rhats in the east end of the city. That's all I care about. So yes, sign him up.

33 year old with a recent history of knee injuries? this is money down the drain.

• Like 2

Davis Rossiter Arfield

Docherty Jack Ejaria

Im cool with that. 

• Like 1

Purely from a footballing perspective I didn't actually rate him all that highly when he was here the first time although I do think he really developed a lot as a player down there. 

Still a cunt though who shouldn't be allowed anywhere near Ibrox.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Great description of the Tarriers mate

So our transfer strategy is to resign players from our last title winning team. 

It's getting ridiculous. Lafferty and now Davies. How long before whittaker and naysmith are linked. 

• Like 1

Davis was a quality player but he’s past his best now. He’s also a rat bastard.

• Like 2

I gee up.  Some of our support are pathetic.  No wonder the SFA, SPFL, and the rest shaft us with spineless bastards in our support just bending over and accepting everything and anything. Fuck Steven Davis, fuck Kyle Lafferty, fuck Naismith, fuck Allan mcgregor, fuck Whittaker and the rest of the scum who fucked us. 

• Like 3

One more payday,

There's always one more payday,

One more payday,

And my pension you will pay!

• Like 1

the number of people who think Davis somehow held out to get us a fee to help the club is mind-boggling. Seriously, some people just post what they like to believe happened rather than what actually did happened - probably because the truth is somewhat unpalatable. That speaks volumes for why we shouldnt have these people back. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

I gee up.  Some of our support are pathetic.  No wonder the SFA, SPFL, and the rest shaft us with spineless bastards in our support just bending over and accepting everything and anything. Fuck Steven Davis, fuck Kyle Lafferty, fuck Naismith, fuck Allan mcgregor, fuck Whittaker and the rest of the scum who fucked us. 

Don’t gee up man. Fuck everyone who fucked us. It’s simple. 

7 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

the club insisted that he was in breach of contract and that we would seek compensation - which we eventually got from Southampton. Once the legalities were clear up, he was free to sign for them. he couldnt get out fast enough - rejected tupe on circa 26th june - and had signed for Southampton by 7th july.

whats the problem? we got peanuts for - as you say - an EPL class midfielder

whats the problem....ffs

We were a league 2 side, were we still in a position to pay his 20-25 grand a week wages, along with the rest? Aw he should have tupe, so we could then sell him for money the club wouldn't have got anyway? Damned if you Do, damned if you Don't.

Maybe the players had green, duff & Phelps, etc sussed, maybe they didn't, people need to get over it, the only cuts that would have got richer, were green & co.

Steven Davis is the wrong side of 32.

3 minutes ago, Fergie_6 said:

Maybe the players had green, duff & Phelps, etc sussed, maybe they didn't, people need to get over it, the only cuts that would have got richer, were green & co.

That''s not a popular opinion but there is an element of truth in it imo.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fergie_6 said:

We were a league 2 side, were we still in a position to pay his 20-25 grand a week wages, along with the rest? Aw he should have tupe, so we could then sell him for money the club wouldn't have got anyway? Damned if you Do, damned if you Don't.

Another myth that seems to be getting spread more frequently. When they all fucked off we didn't know what league we were going to be in.

• Like 2

Just now, bennyali said:

Steven Davis is the wrong side of 32.

The fuck does that even mean ?

16 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

Firstly he was nothing to do with us getting a fee and secondly not one person will have expected him to have stayed with us.

1. We still got a fee for him, Southampton didn't give us money for nothing, so yes it was to do with him.

2. And it's money the club wouldn't have seen either.