Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Just now, kaiser1041 said:

The fuck does that even mean ?

He's not 31

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Fergie_6 said:

1. We still got a fee for him, Southampton didn't give us money for nothing, so yes it was to do with him.

2. And it's money the club wouldn't have seen either.

Desperate pathetic shite. Do you honestly think he played a part in getting us a fee? Don't be so naive and get a grip of yourself.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fergie_6 said:

We were a league 2 side, were we still in a position to pay his 20-25 grand a week wages, along with the rest? Aw he should have tupe, so we could then sell him for money the club wouldn't have got anyway? Damned if you Do, damned if you Don't.

Maybe the players had green, duff & Phelps, etc sussed, maybe they didn't, people need to get over it, the only cuts that would have got richer, were green & co.

where the money went is not the point. Davis didnt know where the money was going either. This "the players had them sussed line" and that "green would have spent it anyway"  is just another fantasy fans tell themselves to make the unpalatable truth -  that the players who left really didnt  give a fuck about the club or the fans -   somewhat more bearable.

 

I dont actually mind players being selfish - but dont expect me to fucking congratulate them or try to spin the story in their favour by making up excuses

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

That''s not a popular opinion but there is an element of truth in it imo.

A read some were that McGregor and mcculloch, were asking questions to the administrator's and not getting full answers to what they had asked, on a few occasions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

He's arguably the worst of the lot, he was Rangers captain ffs!

captain or not .green and co would have punted him at first bid 

the only 2 out of everybody that I have no time for is naismith and Whittaker because of their press conference 

a lot of folk Praise Bocanegra ,Goain and Edu for staying .they were only waiting on until suitable offers came in .we couldn't have sustained their wages 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fergie_6 said:

A read some were that McGregor and mcculloch, were asking questions to the administrator's and not getting full answers to what they had asked, on a few occasions.

They bastards (administrators) seemed as dodgy as the cunts who ran us to the ground.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

Another myth that seems to be getting spread more frequently. When they all fucked off we didn't know what league we were going to be in.

It definitely wasn't going to the spfl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ppl need to stop trying to make daft excuses for why they would accept any of them back it's daft , the 1 and only reason can be that your desperate to get back too the top and you think they will help achieve that , lots of ppl will disagree etc but just be honest enough to state the truth 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

That''s not a popular opinion but there is an element of truth in it imo.

I tend to agree ,their agents must have picked up on some things .

but as you said the opinion is not popular .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, kaiser1041 said:

The fuck does that even mean ?

Think he means north of 32.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

Desperate pathetic shite. Do you honestly think he played a part in getting us a fee? Don't be so naive and get a grip of yourself.

There's some weird notion that alot of people seem to believe that he didn't transfer his contract over because he didn't want Green and co getting any money but he went out of his way to insist that Southampton pay us a fee for him. Contradictory shite.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

where the money went is not the point. Davis didnt know where the money was going either. This "the players had them sussed line" and that "green would have spent it anyway"  is just another fantasy fans tell themselves to make the unpalatable truth -  that the players who left really didnt  give a fuck about the club or the fans -   somewhat more bearable.

 

I dont actually mind players being selfish - but dont expect me to fucking congratulate them or try to spin the story in their favour by making up excuses

So the players should have should loyalty to the club that were going to sell them anyway? It's ok for the club to fuck the players over but not the other way About?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He originally came to us 10 years ago. 10. He's now 33, has had a long term injury and isn't exactly a prolific goal scorer or assist machine.

My issues have nothing to do with him having left, or how that came to be - it's all to do with the kind of midfield players he will be coming up against, and if he ticks the boxes that we need ticked. I'll support him if he was to come back, but my fear is that he's past it like Dorrans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could see this coming when he was hinting at coming back afew months back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fergie_6 said:

So the players should have should loyalty to the club that were going to sell them anyway? It's ok for the club to fuck the players over but not the other way About?

hold on - selling him for more money to the EPL (a place he was going anyway as fast as he could) is fucking the player over?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, bennyali said:

He's not 31

Is he the right side of 33?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The guys fucked us over wether some admit or not but he’s a level above most in our squad at the moment so I’d accept it our success is more important to me than my feeling of betrayal 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

hold on - selling him for more money to the EPL (a place he was going anyway as fast as he could) is fucking the player over?

What if he was told we would give you x amount, with a better sign on fee, if there 0 - low fee involved, but if there is a fee involved that would differ.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Again, stop going back in for the Judas rats. Makes us look pathetic and a bunch of push-overs. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The whole rat conversation lost any substance the day we resigned McGregor.

Zero point going on about it, the club clearly won’t let it stop them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those acting like he isn’t good enough are being ridiculous. 

Those acting like he didn’t do anything wrong are also ridiculous.

The question is whether we bring in a player who would obviously improve us in spite of his fucking off when we needed a leader.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fergie_6 said:

We received a fee for Davis, so what's that problem with him? Don't start he should have helped us through the league's and waste 4 years of his career, he was Good enough for the epl Nd proved that

As someone who would take Davis back simply because he's an outstanding footballer, we only got a fee for him because Southampton played fair. It was nothing Davis done. History has been re-wrote here and it's turned into a myth that Davis done the decent thing - he didn't.

He's the same as the rest. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Too old

33 too old? Same age as the midfielder who won poty in this country last season! I'm not fussed on him coming back but him being too old isn't the reason why.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

As someone who would take Davis back simply because he's an outstanding footballer, we only got a fee for him because Southampton played fair. It was nothing Davis done. History has been re-wrote here and it's turned into a myth that Davis done the decent thing - he didn't.

He's the same as the rest. 

Had a discussion about the same reply further on in thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×