How long have you supported the Rangers?

5 minutes ago, Smile said:

Young at Heart though:tu: .

:lol:

That's the thing, by reading someone's posts you automatically *think* you know who someone is, what they're meaning and jump to a whole host of conclusions forgetting it's just an internet forum and you're likely wrong. I do it plenty of times, I've not met many people from this forum - but even in meeting them I've found them to be completely different from what I expected.

Never expected @gogzy to be a black transvestite midget, that was an eye opener.

1 minute ago, Jack The Flipper said:

:lol:

That's the thing, by reading someone's posts you automatically *think* you know who someone is, what they're meaning and jump to a whole host of conclusions forgetting it's just an internet forum and you're likely wrong. I do it plenty of times, I've not met many people from this forum - but even in meeting them I've found them to be completely different from what I expected.

Never expected @gogzy to be a black transvestite midget, that was an eye opener.

Yes, he's a real fag he also has 6 fingers on each hand.

Evidently went to my first match in 1959 but was just a baby so don't remember much about it. Evidently when the team ran out and the roar went up I shit myself - for real.:ohmy: He never let me forget it but he got into deep shit himself from my mother as he never bothered changing me till we got home. My old man just wanted to get me started watching the Gers young. Remember going to games from around 1962 onwards. Those were the days as we were hardy then.:dance:

8 hours ago, They Gnu said:

Simple, if you have any issue with Rangers Fans singing the Sash My Father Wore you can go take a flying fuck to yourself. 

Think you have missed the point. Don't have an issue with anything we sing. 

Point is just because you sing the sash doesn't make you a bear?

4 hours ago, Bearsden bear said:

Good find mate, thank you. I would have been 7 back then.

The big Girvan Lighthouse made a real cunt of that one; thought the ball was going over the crossbar, so there he is swinging on it and the ball is in the back of the net. ? luckily it was near the end of the game and we won 2-1.:thumbsup:

First game was v Ayr utd in 1976, so 42 years, ma dad was a rugger bugger and general cunt, when I was younger I wanted a west ham strip, cunt bought me an aston villa one, But my maw was staunch from brethren stock, she thought all Catholics were the devils disciples and was football daft, so once I moved up here there was only one team I was gonna follow

Didn’t attend much games when I was younger as my dad never really took me. First memorable game was against Dinamo Moscow. Used to live next door to a woman who said she worked at ibrox and gave me loads of programs and two copies of a painting. One of ibrox and the other of Laudrup and I think Gough. Me and my dad just bought our first season ticket this year so hopefully I can attend more games. The painting is similar to this one but the streets are full of fans with the sun shining on ibrox. 

33912DEE-7976-4C75-863F-0359F2FCDBE6.png

My first game was in 1967 so i'd be 10 and my first game vs the scum was in 1970 as my maw wouldn't let me go to one before then, honest.? So that's 51 years....ffs i'm old

Oh aye and there sure is a lot of old cunts like me on here isn't there.?

Remember making my own choice to follow follow at a relatively young age.  Like KAI said earlier, my old man was a "Dumbarton fan" as he didn't want to push me towards anything. Luckily I get gravitated towards the finest there's ever been.  Never regretted that in 41 years, and I know my old man was well proud of me for making that choice.  Sadly over the last few years the media have tried their best (fuck you BBC) to make us ashamed to be fans, but we'll never falter.  Looking forward to the future and always proud to say I'm a supporter of the greatest team there is ? ?

14 hours ago, ianb1547 said:

image.png.b4f0eae5b7ff64d8b49ecab108ac3940.png

1977/78 Scottish Cup Final. Rangers 2 Aberdeen 1

I was late teens at that game. What a howler but big Gas Meter was always liable to the odd mad one, but made up for it with some great performances - and that kick out must have led to more than a few goal assists over the years. I'm surprised he never managed to score one himself.

There's one game iirc he virtually won us single handed v the sheep at the piggery. Must've been a cup semi or something. While we were singing and dancing in the jungle big McCloy was saving everything and I'm sure it took a superb DJ swivel on a sixpence shot to win us the game.

Mental teenage drunken fun. No doubt some older bears might have been shaking their heads at us in those days but so what - that's why I love the UBs and their like. New generations, new songs with the old, but the same enjoyment and most of all filled with youthful energy. Hopefully in 30/40/50 years they'll still be logging on here and telling younger bears of the times they had.