How long have you supported the Rangers?

Since 1960, my dad would take me to see the reserves, and maybe the third team, as in those days when whatever team the first team were playing, home or away, the reserves would be playing the opposite fixture, and when I got a wee bit older we went to the first team games.  My mum would give me an apple for half time :dance:. When we were in the enclosure I'd get sent up to look through the windows at the back to see them warming up and to shout when the teams were coming out, happy days!

Like most guys , I would imagine, as I got older, I played on a Saturday, but got to the midweek games.

There have been some amount of changes over the years , no 3 wheeled cars, and unless you had a programme, or were a code breaker at Bletchley Park, trying to work out the half-time scores from other matches was a nightmare. 

In 1987 I was 4, and that's when I officially started supporting Rangers, but it was just one year until I picked it up again in 1989. I was then a Rangers fan until 1998. 1999 saw my support grow again for two years, then I supported Rangers for the odd year... 2000... 2003... 2005. It was off and on. Then my support was super-charged for three years from 2009 till 2011.

10 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

My first 2 strips when i was about 5, my dad only took me to the odd game though when i was growing up as he worked most weekends.

article-2377211-12B28F60000005DC-33_634x423.jpg

images (1).jpeg

I had the home strip, my Dad got me the top and my Gran the shorts and socks for my birthday - this wasn't the point I became a supporter though, my dad had ingrained it since birth (he's currently trying it with my nephew who's Dad is a Boro fan, first present sent was a Rangers babygrow!)

Maybe 40 years.

First memory i have as a young kid was a cup game at hampden. Cannae remember who we were playing..i think we won but the only thing i remember was peter mccloy swinging on the bar.....couldnt see anything unless i sat on the barrier as all terracing back then! 

Had a lot of strips myself which I passed to both my girls:)  Best and only hand me downs they ever got.  I got them back when they grew out of them to be passed on to the Grandkids if I eventually become a Gran? All my generation will know what it means to be Supporter to the best Club in the world :UK:

23 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

Maybe 40 years.

First memory i have as a young kid was a cup game at hampden. Cannae remember who we were playing..i think we won but the only thing i remember was peter mccloy swinging on the bar.....couldnt see anything unless i sat on the barrier as all terracing back then! 

image.png.b4f0eae5b7ff64d8b49ecab108ac3940.png

1977/78 Scottish Cup Final. Rangers 2 Aberdeen 1

My first game was Dumbarton away, Boghead 1973 we won 2-1. I was 7 years old at the time and I had pestered my Dad for ages to take me to a game but he always went with his mates and it was the time when weans weren't allowed in any pub at the time. Waiting outside the pub became the norm after that with another kid who's dad also went to the games with my dad.

We have remained firm friends ever since.