Siwel

Lassana Coulibaly

1 minute ago, Goosetav said:

Jack, McCrorie, Dorrans, Arfield, Docherty, Halliday, Rossiter, Ejaria

Aye, bloated. Should be looking to bring in a couple of difference makers, not a squad player from Angers. People say it every single summer we need to be patient, give players a chance bla bla bla and we fall into the same trap every season

Too many loans, too many average midfielders 

Seriously see us playing 2-7-1 at this rate, half of them not ours.

Must do better such as buying, yes BUYING, a striker or two.

• Like 1

Just now, Leeds_Bear said:

How do you know half of those players are either staying or playing CM? Genuinely. 

I don't. Doesn't change my point that I was hoping any midfielders we brought in would be of a much higher standard than we already have. This guy might be but I won't hold my breath.

2 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

It’s always the same hysteria on here when we are interested in/sign someone they haven’t heard off which is about 90% of the time .
I haven’t heard of coulibaly but that is the whole point of having a scouting system in place and you hope to find some hidden gems and their are plenty out there.
Let’s just calm down and trust Allen and his team and hope they get most of our transfers right.
He looks like a beast coulibaly and I know one thing for next season we are never going to get bullied like we did over the last 3 odd seasons

Mate. Nail, head.

1 minute ago, BlueKnight87 said:

How do you know this guy won't be a difference maker. You've not even seen him play yet.  

We need to trust the gaffers judgment here. A lot of folk were moaning about us looking at just the British market. Shows we are exploring other areas. 

I don't. A loan from Angers doesn't fill me with confidence though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Laudrup1690 said:

What’s this I see someone talking sense 

😂 just quoted you 🙈. FRIENDS!

2 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

It’s always the same hysteria on here when we are interested in/sign someone they haven’t heard off which is about 90% of the time .
I haven’t heard of coulibaly but that is the whole point of having a scouting system in place and you hope to find some hidden gems and their are plenty out there.
Let’s just calm down and trust Allen and his team and hope they get most of our transfers right.
He looks like a beast coulibaly and I know one thing for next season we are never going to get bullied like we did over the last 3 odd seasons

I don't trust Allen as far as I can throw him he's a mug in my opinion however the rest of your post is correct.

No-one's more under-whelmed than me, but it's also true that we need to scout players properly and get gems - this guy falls in this category tbh. 

I don't hold out much hope but not going to sit and say he's gonna be a bad signing either. 

4 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

Jack, McCrorie, Dorrans, Arfield, Docherty, Halliday, Rossiter, Ejaria

Aye, bloated. Should be looking to bring in a couple of difference makers, not a squad player from Angers. People say it every single summer we need to be patient, give players a chance bla bla bla and we fall into the same trap every season

I expect one of those to be moved on, one potentially loaned out, and 3 of them missed the majority of the season injured (well 2 missed a fair chunk and the other still hasn’t played 3 consecutive games). 

Does that mean this guy is the answer, of course not but we seriously need numbers. 

Just my opinion.  Cunt looks like another unit. I hope we are building a team to bully everything in our path. 

• Like 1

Strange signing but as always let’s wait and see

1 minute ago, Goosetav said:

I don't. Doesn't change my point that I was hoping any midfielders we brought in would be of a much higher standard than we already have. This guy might be but I won't hold my breath.

Your point was about a bloated midfield.

Halliday - likely gone

Arfield - no guarantee he’ll be a CM

McCrorie - as above 

Dorrans - same as Halliday

Four unknowns, just like he is an unknown.

The whole point of a scouting system is we pick gems known one as heard of, not sign the Joey Barton’s of this world. 

If it means one of Jack/Rossiter going, all for it.

3 minutes ago, kris1984 said:

Strange signing but as always let’s wait and see

Apparently not! 

13 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

I’m more disappointed by the fact you have pro evo.

She cost me 140

• Like 1

Ok whos been messing with Wikipedia:

Lassana ‘staunch’ Coulibaly (born 10 April 1996) is a Malian footballer who plays as a midfielder for French Ligue 1 club Angers.[1] It is understood that Lassana is a die hard Glasgow Rangers fan and is going for 55

😂

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I don't trust Allen as far as I can throw him he's a mug in my opinion however the rest of your post is correct.

No-one's more under-whelmed than me, but it's also true that we need to scout players properly and get gems - this guy falls in this category tbh. 

I don't hold out much hope but not going to sit and say he's gonna be a bad signing either. 

Tbh I feel this is the window where we find out if Allen is the man for the job because he’s been here a year so he’s had time get settled in and get his network up and running so only time will tell but I hope him and his team have do have a knack for spotting players.

i must admit I’m waiting/hoping we sign a player or 2 with that wow factor in the jelavic/mendes type.

Angers are decent hate taigs

10 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

😂 just quoted you 🙈. FRIENDS!

R.M fwiends 😂

6 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Your point was about a bloated midfield.

Halliday - likely gone

Arfield - no guarantee he’ll be a CM

McCrorie - as above 

Dorrans - same as Halliday

Four unknowns, just like he is an unknown.

The whole point of a scouting system is we pick gems known one as heard of, not sign the Joey Barton’s of this world. 

Pretty sure McCrorie, Arfield and Dorrans will all be competing for CM places this season.

• Like 1

Pretty sure McCrorie, Arfield and Dorrans will all be competing for CM places this season.

What makes you qualified to ascertain this?

• Like 1

Really hope we don't play Arfield on then left, his productivity is nowhere near good enough.

3 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

What makes you qualified to ascertain this?

My aunties nephew's cousins cousins cousin is cousin's with Gerrard's cousins cousin and he told me

3 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Really hope we don't play Arfield on then left, his productivity is nowhere near good enough.

Yeah I think he'll be central.

Not sure how we'll line up but thinking maybe similar to England if he wants to play 3 at the back. McCrorie sitting with Arfield and hopefully a capable playmaker alongside him as the more advanced 2?

Never know we might be lettin a couple go.  Jack on loan for 6 month may be ideal to get his fitness back up as he has been out for so long.  Halliday aint good enough.  Saying that i dont think Jack is good enough tbh too. 

Just now, Goosetav said:

My aunties nephew's cousins cousins cousin is cousin's with Gerrard's cousins cousin and he told me

Yeah I think he'll be central.

Not sure how we'll line up but thinking maybe similar to England if he wants to play 3 at the back. McCrorie sitting with Arfield and hopefully a capable playmaker alongside him as the more advanced 2?

Did you play football at all?