Pre season matches

2 hours ago, simplythebestest said:

They'd still aw get pumped. If we pump teams the way I'd pump them, Stevie G will be lifting European silverwear this season.

1280_all_saints_getty511882190.jpg

If the team shoot their load in the first 30 seconds of the game this forum will want Pedro back before the end of July 

7 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

We played TNS about a week before progress. We then went out to progress 

He should have been gone at that point 

That’s not the point im making mate. Yeah he shouldn’t gone after Progress but that was a competitive European game, TNS was a closed door friendly - you can’t judge a manager on friendly games.

8 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

Total Network Solutions  

That's their old name.

Originally they were Oswestry Town & Llansantffraid Football Club, they then sold the naming rights of the team(!) to a cable and network company (Total Network Solutions) as part of a sponsorship deal. When the deal ran out, they changed their name to The New Saints - presumably because they still had a shitload of kit and stuff with TNS printed on it.

The Welsh Premier is a physical league with more emphasis on graft than skill, but TNS are a cut above the rest.

We should pump them, but then we should have done that last time.

There's a rumour of Derby away weekend of 20th to 22nd ... I'm thinking of going to the under 23's/reserve tournament Kings Lynn that weekend though there's a game vs Legia Warsaw on the Friday night then another on the Sunday either the final or third place game.

9 hours ago, Wearethepeople72 said:

I would imagine we will need at least a couple of frendlies in addition to the European games before the season starts.

Least they can do is arrange something like that rather than closed doors games.

Think the problem is that Europa league is every week so right now they will not be sure if home/away or if a fixture will be changed. With closed doors it can be more of a training exercise.

7 hours ago, K.A.I said:

There's a rumour of Derby away weekend of 20th to 22nd ... I'm thinking of going to the under 23's/reserve tournament Kings Lynn that weekend though there's a game vs Legia Warsaw on the Friday night then another on the Sunday either the final or third place game.

Who's the other 2 teams in the tournament 

20 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

We beat Shef Wednesday and drew with Marseille during the same pre-season.

As you can see, they mean very little in terms of score, it’s about getting fitness levels required for competitive football. 

As I quickly learned in my youth from a certain Mr. Shearer (you may have heard of him) there is no such thing as Rangers playing a friendly where the score doesn't matter. Yes, fitness is the main aim, but the score matters a lot. Maybe the standards of yesteryear are a thing of the past these days.

1 minute ago, Ozblue said:

As I quickly learned in my youth from a certain Mr. Shearer (you may have heard of him) there is no such thing as Rangers playing a friendly where the score doesn't matter. Yes, fitness is the main aim, but the score matters a lot. Maybe the standards of yesteryear are a thing of the past these days.

It literally doesn’t matter, I’d take getting battered in our friendlies if it meant a successful league campaign.

2 minutes ago, Siwel said:

It literally doesn’t matter, I’d take getting battered in our friendlies if it meant a successful league campaign.

Taking getting battered in any fucking game isn't in my DNA, Siwel; never has and never will be. Then again, I'm from an era completely different from what we have now.

Just now, Ozblue said:

Taking getting battered in any fucking game isn't in my DNA, Siwel; never has and never will be. Then again, I'm from an era completely different from what we have now.

Aye I’m from an era where I would do fucking anything to get a league title even if it means sacrificing results in pish competitions. 

1 minute ago, Siwel said:

Aye I’m from an era where I would do fucking anything to get a league title even if it means sacrificing results in pish competitions. 

We don't have to sacrifice anything to get a league title. Start like you mean to finish. Every player on that park pre-season or not should be busting a gut to put in a fucking performance against TNS and Bury.

1 minute ago, Ozblue said:

We don't have to sacrifice anything to get a league title. Start like you mean to finish. Every player on that park pre-season or not should be busting a gut to put in a fucking performance against TNS and Bury.

Aye they should but I’m not really that bothered with the results in that game

17 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

We drew with the Europa league finalists last year & were the better team, whilst we finished 3rd in the SPFL.

Means nothing.

15 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

You’re completely missing the point and yes the game has changed massively.

Players play 60+ games a season sometimes so fitness is the absolute number one priority in preseason as it sets the base for the rest of the season. 

If you’re talking about Alan Shearer, he was a shite manager so I wouldn’t be focusing too much on what he says. 

Majority top managers in today’s game focus on fitness and game time in the off season, often rotating their team setup and players to improve fitness of the whole squad.

1 minute ago, Siwel said:

Aye they should but I’m not really that bothered with the results in that game

I'm not bothered about the result as such,  because if the players want in this team they are needing to put in a performance that pleases Gerrard, which means we will beat them. If they go out and just go through the motions, you can just about guarantee their Rangers career  is on the skids.

5 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

You’re completely missing the point and yes the game has changed massively.

Players play 60+ games a season sometimes so fitness is the absolute number one priority in preseason as it sets the base for the rest of the season. 

If you’re talking about Alan Shearer, he was a shite manager so I wouldn’t be focusing too much on what he says. 

Majority top managers in today’s game focus on fitness and game time in the off season, often rotating their team setup and players to improve fitness of the whole squad.

After watching us train for 10 days in Spain, our fitness levels are way ahead of where they have been the past 7 seasons, so I've no worry about fitness. I was actually referring to Bobby Shearer, not that guy from Newcastle.

I am well aware of how football teams prepare for a long season.