Go on England!!!

7 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Having listened to Talksport all day while driving . I can tell you . It is truly hard to be absolutely 100% behind them .

The show was nauseam all day . Made you ill listening to the complete arrogance and shite they come out with .

And it's only the quarter finals

From analysing every one of the players to death and who took the most amazing penalties etc etc etc yawn yawn yawn

The conclusion was . These players deserve to win the World Cup ....:lol:

Made me wonder what everyone would have been saying if they lost the penalty kick shoot out

All English based stations have been at it all day now, FFS Three Lions is now number 1 again!! More pissed off about those smug twats Skinner and Baddiel getting another pay day.

Colombia were awful, and very negative - they basically couldnt cope with the loss of Rodriguez and so set out with that disgrace of a performance.

Edit: Waddle on R5 is now saying that Colombia should be banned for the next world cup!!! I give up - this morning I was thinking fair play to England, now I really want to see them get binned out on penalties against Sweden.

2 minutes ago, Loyaleastend said:

All cultures have their quirks, the English get a bit carried away,  it's not that big a  deal to me, good luck to them, there was a time when I'd have been equally partisan if it were Scotland getting to that stage.

mate . I'm not buying that  . It is not quirks . It's sheer hysteria :lol: 

And having been to many hundreds of Scotland games . I can never recall us ever being the way they are

Including 1978 campaign . Been a very long time since I gave a fuck about our national side though tbh

I get what deejay and Loyaleast are saying, yes, sometimes the English commentators and media go over the top, and it is off putting, but then if it was Scotland, our media would be biased as fuck,and quite rightly, as for arrogance, remember 78, we had a victory parade before we even flew to fuckin Argentina!!!!!   ???

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

And having been to many hundreds of Scotland games . I can never recall us ever being the way they are

Including 1978 campaign . Been a very long time since I gave a fuck about our national side though tbh

Some of us can remember the party at Hampden, sending them off to win the world cup mate,  I'm sure I'd be carried away if Scotland had gotten to the last 8, let them enjoy it I say

Just now, eejay the dj said:

It's the usual non football fans that turn up every 4 years to the pubs and fan zones, that bring the hysterical on. They are definitely getting whipped up by the press and media - wait and see when they go out ; Southgate will be getting it tight and no doubt some moniker from The Sun will be given to him - eg "The waster in the waistcoat"

1 minute ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

All English based stations have been at it all day now, FFS Three Lions is now number 1 again!! More pissed off about those smug twats Skinner and Baddiel getting another pay day.

Colombia were awful, and very negative - they basically couldnt cope with the loss of Rodriguez and so set out with that disgrace of a performance.

Edit: Waddle on R5 is now saying that Colombia should be banned for the next world cup!!! I give up - this morning I was thinking fair play to England, now I really want to see them get binned out on penalties against Sweden.

I'm not quite there yet THL, but I know exactly were you are coming from.

It's as if they never had anyone diving to win a penalty and then apologise . And have no players back flip a head butt in that match

1 minute ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

It's the usual non football fans that turn up every 4 years to the pubs and fan zones, that bring the hysterical on. They are definitely getting whipped up by the press and media - wait and see when they go out ; Southgate will be getting it tight and no doubt some moniker from The Sun will be given to him - eg "The waster in the waistcoat"

I think they will avoid being slaughtered if they win the next one

When I was younger Scotland and England were genuine rivals. I don't see anything wrong with wanting your rivals pumped. Now I realise there isn't any kind of genuine footballing rivalry now, but that doesn't mean I now have to want England to win just because they're also British.

Just now, Loyaleastend said:

I think Sweden will give them a right fucking game of it, and I wouldn't be too confident of and England win, based on last night.

Totally agree with you, Sweden are a tough to beat side, very stodgy in defence. England really didn't look at all threatening in the box last night.

2 minutes ago, left winger said:

When I was younger Scotland and England were genuine rivals. I don't see anything wrong with wanting your rivals pumped. Now I realise there isn't any kind of genuine footballing rivalry now, but that doesn't mean I now have to want England to win just because they're also British.

Then let's rejoice in our diversity? 

5 minutes ago, left winger said:

I still support Scotland, but it is more of a historical legacy for me thesedays - brought up in the 80s and 90s when the team was loaded with Rangers players - little of the bitterness that our players/fans get thrown at us now. I like international football, so follow Scotland as I can't change teams.

I have no ill will to the England side at all, but as per usual their ridiculous press ruin it for non English fans. They simply cannot help themselves.

7 minutes ago, 2nd Flute said:

I get what deejay and Loyaleast are saying, yes, sometimes the English commentators and media go over the top, and it is off putting, but then if it was Scotland, our media would be biased as fuck,and quite rightly, as for arrogance, remember 78, we had a victory parade before we even flew to fuckin Argentina!!!!!   ???

The victory parade, Fuck I can still hear Andy fucking Cameron singing we're gonna win the World Cup, England canny dae it cos they didny qualify ?????

There is some jealously on here. Little bit embarrassing....

This England team could win the world cup, whereas Scotland dont even look like making a WC.

England have been robbed in numerous world cup games tbf, think VAR could make the difference as England are almost too fair usually...

1 minute ago, berkshirebear said:

This England team could win the world cup, whereas Scotland dont even look like making a WC.

England have been robbed in numerous world cup games tbf, think VAR could make the difference as England are almost too fair usually...

Aye, nae bother Clive Tyldsley lol, only kidding mate, good luck against Sweden ?

3 minutes ago, berkshirebear said:

I'm someone who wants England to win it but those who don't isn't down to jealousy, it's down to the arrogance people like you are showing

1 minute ago, 2nd Flute said:

I had the single!!! ? the B side, I want to be a punk rocker, fuckin brutal ???

You're no fucking wrong mate, My old man bought me that single as well, The line, I want to go into a cafe, Pick my nose and dip it in my coffee is forever etched in my memory, Absolutely fucking brutal ???

2 minutes ago, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

You're no fucking wrong mate, My old man bought me that single as well, The line, I want to go into a cafe, Pick my nose and dip it in my coffee is forever etched in my memory, Absolutely fucking brutal ???

?????

8 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

I'm someone who wants England to win it but those who don't isn't down to jealousy, it's down to the arrogance people like you are showing

What arrogance. England have got a decent chance of winning (Defo better than Scotland's anyway) I live in England and most English people downplay their chances and the media wouldn't be doing it's job if it wasn't promoting their chances. Just smacks of jealousy hearing Scots slagging off England to be honest.

1 minute ago, berkshirebear said:

What arrogance. England have got a decent chance of winning (Defo better than Scotland's anyway) I live in England and most English people downplay their chances and the media wouldn't be doing it's job if it wasn't promoting their chances. Just smacks of jealousy hearing Scots slagging off England to be honest.

Well I'd bet you the majority of people slagging them are similar to me and are loyalists with no interest in the Scottish national team

It isn't jealousy. Not on here anyway

3 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

Well I'd bet you the majority of people slagging them are similar to me and are loyalists with no interest in the Scottish national team

It isn't jealousy. Not on here anyway

So why don't you like England showing some confidence?