Go on England!!!

25 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

I still support Scotland, but it is more of a historical legacy for me thesedays - brought up in the 80s and 90s when the team was loaded with Rangers players - little of the bitterness that our players/fans get thrown at us now. I like international football, so follow Scotland as I can't change teams.

I have no ill will to the England side at all, but as per usual their ridiculous press ruin it for non English fans. They simply cannot help themselves.

Hard to argue with any of that.

3 minutes ago, left winger said:

You have a go in the politics forum, then I'll join in ?

I  try my best not to get too into politics though i often fail,  I think mental illness is encouraged by the educational system, that's all I'm saying  (not political at all).

3 hours ago, Kaydubya11 said:

English media unbearable already. If they won it it'd be mass hysteria on a level never ever seen before. Knighthoods for the whole squad etc...

It's the same in Germany for football and I imagine it would be similar in Italy and Brazil.

The English press with football is a replica of same in Australia for Cricket and New Zealand for Rugby.

I think the issue with Britain is that you have four different national teams within the one country and with England being the largest market and most successful team of course it get annoying.

On 04/07/2018 at 20:58, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

All English based stations have been at it all day now, FFS Three Lions is now number 1 again!! More pissed off about those smug twats Skinner and Baddiel getting another pay day.

Colombia were awful, and very negative - they basically couldnt cope with the loss of Rodriguez and so set out with that disgrace of a performance.

Edit: Waddle on R5 is now saying that Colombia should be banned for the next world cup!!! I give up - this morning I was thinking fair play to England, now I really want to see them get binned out on penalties against Sweden.

Chris Waddle is a fucking idiot and should be banned from commenting ever again.

He's a total roaster.

5 hours ago, Kaydubya11 said:

English media unbearable already. If they won it it'd be mass hysteria on a level never ever seen before. Knighthoods for the whole squad etc...

Good the more media coverage the better, anything that takes away the media not talking about 1967, which has been rammed down our throats for 50 years the better.

I honestly think they'll win it now. They look high in confidence and deserved to beat the Swedes. In my opinion it's been the worst world cup in my lifetime and I was born in 1974. The standard of teams is very low. A mediocre tournament which will be won by a fairly average English (or French or Belgian) side.

1 hour ago, Kaydubya11 said:

I honestly think they'll win it now. They look high in confidence and deserved to beat the Swedes. In my opinion it's been the worst world cup in my lifetime and I was born in 1974. The standard of teams is very low. A mediocre tournament which will be won by a fairly average English (or French or Belgian) side.

It's been there best that I can remember :lol:

On 07/07/2018 at 12:44, McEwan's Lager said:

You just know a third of Glasgow is going to be sitting around in 15 year old pish and kebab stained Sweden tops with Larsson on the back today.

Now back to normality today . Wearing their kebab and pish stained 15 year old Larsson celtic top.

15 hours ago, cr3_bear said:

People moaning about the English getting  all hyped and over excited. They are in a World Cup semi final ? they have every right to be buzzing and getting a bit ahead of themselves.

Got to agree they have played well and I like Southgate he's done better than all the older managers.

22 hours ago, Kaydubya11 said:

I think it's been the best one for those reasons above.

Fuck watching something when you know who the likely winner will be. The quality has been excellent and smaller teams have done well while the big ones have flopped.

That's what it is all about.

22 hours ago, Kaydubya11 said:

Can’t see England winning personally, think the French or Belgians will but I’d guess it’s been a tournament that’s surpassed expectations regardless of what happens here on in and despite my initial point in one off knock out games they definitely have a shot. 

I’m no Anglophobe but I’m in Majorca just now and the smugness and arrogance of the “Its Coming Home” brigade is starting to get on my tits. 

Didnt see the France v Belgium game tonight, nothing in place for tomorrow night although I’ll know what’s happening no doubt.

Got a local restaurant owner fixed up to get me our game on Thursday night.

Its all about priorities,

14 hours ago, harlands plater said:

I’m no Anglophobe but I’m in Majorca just now and the smugness and arrogance of the “Its Coming Home” brigade is starting to get on my tits. 

Didnt see the France v Belgium game tonight, nothing in place for tomorrow night although I’ll know what’s happening no doubt.

Got a local restaurant owner fixed up to get me our game on Thursday night.

Its all about priorities,

Normally I can't wait to see England getting stuffed despite being born in England and having lived here for the past 12 years (lived in Scotland age 1 to 18). This year though I work with a sound bunch who don't give it the whole 'Jock' patter every two seconds. However the overkill 'Its Coming Home' shit really is testing my patience! Finding myself swaying towards wanting Croatia to pump them out again just so I can witness the suffering!