Siwel

Jake Cooper (Millwall)

3 hours ago, K.A.I said:

What's everyone's thoughts if this guy signs? we must be playing 3 at the back? which I like the sound of, but where does that leave Flanagan and Taverneir? if they play them wingers then where does that leave Murphy, Candaies?

I think if we do get Cooper we'll play a 3 at the back system.  I doubt we're going to spend millions of a defender to sit him on the bench.  I've heard Flanagan can play as part of a 3 at the back system so maybe he'll be the backup or play as LWB instead of John.  I do think we're heading in the direction of a 3-4-3 but we certainly have the personnel to play 4-3-3 also so maybe we'll switch it up as Gerrard said he would.

Assuming we get this guy Cooper I think we're only 2 or 3 more away from a finished squad.  I do think we'll pursue two attackers on loan from Liverpool and those guys will give us much needed strength and depth in that area.  I read somewhere that Coulibaly cost Angers £1.8m, Sadiq cost Roma £2.2m, and fuck knows what the value would be on guys like Solanke or Wilson.  If we do get a few attackers from Liverpool all in it could be £20m+ worth of player assets without spending any money.  There's a limit to how much money we can spend in one window so loaning in attackers might be as good as it gets for now.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Arfield is a good player but Ejaria and Coubaily aren’t the type of top class midfielders in my eyes to take on celtic - we need real quality there I’m willing to put my life on them 2 having a similar effect and no better than Jack, Docherty etc we are still well short middle to front 

I honestly don’t want anyone to misunderstand me, this Cooper is rated I’d rather have him than not and the more good defenders and money spent the better - my point is I don’t want it to be at the expense of other areas that need sorted more now 

I dont have enough knowledge of either of them to debate that, but for me it was blatantly obvious last season how easily we were bullied in the middle of the park, and how a lack of quality prevented us being able to dictate play for long spells of many games. If we have added the dig i mentioned earlier, and we do actually play a high press, then i dont think we’ll have the same problem, my concern would be against the tims, or any team that can break at speed. Creatively, we are probably a quality player short in midfield. 

I agree with you about Cooper, and the seemingly top-heavy investment in defence. Tav, Goldson, Katic, Cooper, Flanagan and John will all expect to play regularly. Thats me assuming Wallace is gone.

1 minute ago, WWTC said:

I dont have enough knowledge of either of them to debate that, but for me it was blatantly obvious last season how easily we were bullied in the middle of the park, and how a lack of quality prevented us being able to dictate play for long spells of many games. If we have added the dig i mentioned earlier, and we do actually play a high press, then i dont think we’ll have the same problem, my concern would be against the tims, or any team that can break at speed. Creatively, we are probably a quality player short in midfield. 

I agree with you about Cooper, and the seemingly top-heavy investment in defence. Tav, Goldson, Katic, Cooper, Flanagan and John will all expect to play regularly. Thats me assuming Wallace is gone.

It says Wallace has been left out the European squad and his future is in doubt - I’ve nothing against him but he’s done imo 

4 minutes ago, TMB said:

I think if we do get Cooper we'll play a 3 at the back system.  I doubt we're going to spend millions of a defender to sit him on the bench.  I've heard Flanagan can play as part of a 3 at the back system so maybe he'll be the backup or play as LWB instead of John.  I do think we're heading in the direction of a 3-4-3 but we certainly have the personnel to play 4-3-3 also so maybe we'll switch it up as Gerrard said he would.

Assuming we get this guy Cooper I think we're only 2 or 3 more away from a finished squad.  I do think we'll pursue two attackers on loan from Liverpool and those guys will give us much needed strength and depth in that area.  I read somewhere that Coulibaly cost Angers £1.8m, Sadiq cost Roma £2.2m, and fuck knows what the value would be on guys like Solanke or Wilson.  If we do get a few attackers from Liverpool all in it could be £20m+ worth of player assets without spending any money.  There's a limit to how much money we can spend in one window so loaning in attackers might be as good as it gets for now.

As was said above the more we get in the more we need to get out the squad is looking bloated again and you start to wonder if the likes of Halliday, Jack, Docherty, Dorrans is in his plans ... Docherty was used as a strip model and Halliday was playing bounce games and hitting penalties so I wonder 

Just now, K.A.I said:

As was said above the more we get in the more we need to get out the squad is looking bloated again and you start to wonder if the likes of Halliday, Jack, Docherty, Dorrans is in his plans ... Docherty was used as a strip model and Halliday was playing bounce games and hitting penalties so I wonder 

4ladshadadream reckons we'll get rid of Halliday, Jack and Dorrans

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bronzy said:

Fine by me tbh 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

There will be a lot of outrage if Jack goes. It won’t be warranted, not one bit but it’ll happen. Mark my words.

Just now, Siwel said:

There will be a lot of outrage if Jack goes. It won’t be warranted, not one bit but it’ll happen. Mark my words.

No doubt the headline will be "JACK OFF"

• Like 2

I’d be ecstatic if we could add Cooper to Goldson and Katic. Those three (with McGregor behind them) would almost certainly be such a major upgrade on our weakest area last season. Definitely like to see us focus on shifting a few after that though.

Absolute dreamland is Jack, Dorrans and Alves away with Cooper coming in alongside two decent Liverpool loans

29 minutes ago, rangersross said:

I’d be ecstatic if we could add Cooper to Goldson and Katic. Those three (with McGregor behind them) would almost certainly be such a major upgrade on our weakest area last season. Definitely like to see us focus on shifting a few after that though.

I see Aidan Wilson back in the picture too as a homegrown, long-term alternative to the three new CBs. If Cooper comes in, the kid should really develop under these three.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bronzy said:

That’s them guaranteed starters then.

5 hours ago, Bronzy said:

Halliday I certainly agree with, Dorrans has not shown anything like what he is capable of and Jack had a nightmare season through a bad injury after an unpunished assault and dubious refereeing decisions, I might be in the minority here but I like Ryan Jack and think he will come good.

5 hours ago, K.A.I said:

It says Wallace has been left out the European squad and his future is in doubt - I’ve nothing against him but he’s done imo 

He’s done. 

He wont be considered for selection whilst the appeal process is ongoing against his fine, and who knows how long that will take? Even after that, he’ll have been out of the team so long that he’ll be miles from genuine fitness. 

6 hours ago, Siwel said:

Why? 

Daily Mail saying that Cooper has a release clause around the £3m mark 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, TMB said:

If we do play a regular 3ATB then realistically with john and tavernier playing the winf back role realistically we should only be 2 signing short.  defence would be sorted and i think in that formation we would have midfield covered as well leaving us really only looking for a creative playmaker and possibly another CF

Rangers confident the deal will be completed. 

Sounds like weve had the nod from his representatives that if a deal can happen between us and milwall then he will be up for it 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Sounds like weve had the nod from his representatives that if a deal can happen between us and milwall then he will be up for it 

Superb.

Not sure about 3Atb is the plan.

We are just light in CB position. 

A.Wilson is currently the only back up to Katic and Goldson. 

This boy liiks a good player and maybe to be paired with Goldson.  Katic and Wilson as back up. 

8 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Where you read that mate?

31 minutes ago, FlashHarryForrester said:

This boy liiks a good player and maybe to be paired with Goldson.  Katic and Wilson as back up. 

Flanagan can play as a CB too.

49 minutes ago, FlashHarryForrester said:

Same. Gerrard has been clear we’ll adapt systems based on opposition. It’s clear we still need another centre half regardless & to have 3 of the quality of Goldson, Cooper & possibly Katic (not seen enough yet) would be superb. 

54 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Where you read that mate?

It's in the sun mate. Says Rangers are confident the deal will be completed