Jump to content
Siwel

Jake Cooper (Millwall)

Recommended Posts

Would be another solid addition to the back line if we get him. We badly need a proper number 10 now though. Hopefully, mega shirt sales will give Gerrard a fair few mil to find someone who can take us up a level between midfield and attack. Candeias is not the answer in the middle and looking at the squad there is no cunt with the magic required, mibbe Ojaria, but he's an unknown loan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

It's in the sun mate. Says Rangers are confident the deal will be completed 

Also doubt the Rangers Observer would have been given the scoop if the club weren't confident

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Because I’m assuming we only have so much money to spend and it’s all getting spent in one area 

remember he said he wanted 3 or 4 more in (3 or 4 ago - Flanagan, Coubaily, Sadiq and now Cooper)

Do you assume we are only going to spend 8 mil this transfer window?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

Do you assume we are only going to spend 8 mil this transfer window?

Spent £10m did we not last summer? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I`d also like to think if we`re spending near £8 mil on CBs then there`s more spending to come in the forward areas. Think once this is done we need a creative midfielder, a winger and another striker all of good quality and then I think we`re good to go.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, The Monk said:

I`d also like to think if we`re spending near £8 mil on CBs then there`s more spending to come in the forward areas. Think once this is done we need a creative midfielder, a winger and another striker all of good quality and then I think we`re good to go.

Fully agree.

I would be surprised if these weren't in the works already.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, The Monk said:

I`d also like to think if we`re spending near £8 mil on CBs then there`s more spending to come in the forward areas. Think once this is done we need a creative midfielder, a winger and another striker all of good quality and then I think we`re good to go.

I think we will spend more. I doubt Gerrard would come here and get less than Pedro. Plus we will have some leavers.

Hopefully you are right in that we are going good attcking options in. 

We have until the end of August I believe, so I can’t quite grasp the negativity of some on here.

Anyway, Cooper sounds promising. Hope it goes through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

I think we will spend more. I doubt Gerrard would come here and get less than Pedro. Plus we will have some leavers.

Hopefully you are right in that we are going good attcking options in. 

We have until the end of August I believe, so I can’t quite grasp the negativity of some on here.

Anyway, Cooper sounds promising. Hope it goes through.

Exactly and there`s no way that even if he was given similar money to Pedro that he would spunk it on three centre-backs. Really pleased with how we`ve done our business so far and think there may be even better to come as more targets will emerge later in August/start of season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Spent £10m did we not last summer? 

net spend of £5.9m

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we get this signing over the line and a loan deal for either Woodburn or solanke from Liverpool then I’d be surprised if we make any other signings in summer window 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, livibear101 said:

If we get this signing over the line and a loan deal for either Woodburn or solanke from Liverpool then I’d be surprised if we make any other signings in summer window 

Solanke and Cooper will be the last two I reckon, unless its to replace major outgoings but I can't see Morelos or Windass leaving yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, The Monk said:

I`d also like to think if we`re spending near £8 mil on CBs then there`s more spending to come in the forward areas. 

I’m not so sure tbh. Scoring goals wasn’t our problem last season so I could see them investing heavily on players at the back with the thought process being that if they can stop us from conceding so many, while adding a few players in the forward areas (which we’ve done mainly with loans) then they think we will be in with a shot. It’s not a thought process i’d agree with, but it’s one I think might be held at the club, especially with how much Gerrard has talked about how many poor goals we conceded last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I’m not so sure tbh. Scoring goals wasn’t our problem last season so I could see them investing heavily on players at the back with the thought process being that if they can stop us from conceding so many, while adding a few players in the forward areas (which we’ve done mainly with loans) then they think we will be in with a shot. It’s not a thought process i’d agree with, but it’s one I think might be held at the club, especially with how much Gerrard has talked about how many poor goals we conceded last year.

Scoring against the scum was other teams I agree we managed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sitting in the warehouse at work with a boner at the thought of us actually having a defence who can defend.......we wont be fucked about next season thats for sure. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I’m not so sure tbh. Scoring goals wasn’t our problem last season so I could see them investing heavily on players at the back with the thought process being that if they can stop us from conceding so many, while adding a few players in the forward areas (which we’ve done mainly with loans) then they think we will be in with a shot. It’s not a thought process i’d agree with, but it’s one I think might be held at the club, especially with how much Gerrard has talked about how many poor goals we conceded last year.

It was against the filth. Didn’t even look like scoring most of the time. 

We can’t challenge with Candeias, Windass, Murphy and Morelos as our forward 4. We need better. Interested to see how this Roma boy works out. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

Think us being top scorers in the league last season can be a bit misleading tbh. We got drawn into more batshit insane, end-to-end games than anyone else because we were chronic at the back. Arfield brings us a bit more energy and we've clearly added a bit more physicality, but we're definitely still missing real quality in the final third. 

Shouldn’t even be a debate about that tbh 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I’m not so sure tbh. Scoring goals wasn’t our problem last season so I could see them investing heavily on players at the back with the thought process being that if they can stop us from conceding so many, while adding a few players in the forward areas (which we’ve done mainly with loans) then they think we will be in with a shot. It’s not a thought process i’d agree with, but it’s one I think might be held at the club, especially with how much Gerrard has talked about how many poor goals we conceded last year.

I’m not necessarily saying we’ll spend another £8mil as the defence was the priority but I could see us spending another £4-5mil on a good winger and attacking midfielder as I believe Solanke on loan will be the striker. If we don’t add quality there then sadly I don’t believe we’ll have enough to win the league as half the problem in the OF games (as well as some of the other bigger matches) was the fact we couldn’t bury chances despite being very comfortable in other games.

Arfield may well be that creative midfield player and I do think he’ll be great for us but like with the defence I’d like to think they’ll be considering what could happen if Arfield gets injured.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A better defence let’s the midfield sit further up the park, and a better midfield (with arfield) should give more possession/chances to the forwards. 

It’s not unreasonable to suggest we’ll score a similar amount to last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Sun says we’ve met his release clause - I’m guessing it’s 3m

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vanoli said:

Think us being top scorers in the league last season can be a bit misleading tbh. We got drawn into more batshit insane, end-to-end games than anyone else because we were chronic at the back. Arfield brings us a bit more energy and we've clearly added a bit more physicality, but we're definitely still missing real quality in the final third. 

This. We had a good record in front of goal because our tactic most of the time was to just go gung-ho positionally and be completely imbalanced on the pitch. Lack of a competent midfield and tactical awareness were the main culprits for me. Our defenders wouldn't have looked so pathetic if our midfield had been properly addressed over the last couple of years.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vanoli said:

Think us being top scorers in the league last season can be a bit misleading tbh. 

Definitely. Getting the first and second goal against a packed defence at Ibrox is one of our big problems.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not fucking about with the defence it seems, that's a hefty investment if he comes in plus the 2 other CB's.

It was badly needed. I do think we need another 2 high quality players, one being a striker but like a few would be surprised if we could manage it with our current spending.

In any case we should be far, far more better equipped for a title push.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

It was against the filth. Didn’t even look like scoring most of the time. 

We can’t challenge with Candeias, Windass, Murphy and Morelos as our forward 4. We need better. Interested to see how this Roma boy works out. 

Agreed, not enough consistency from the front 4, won't get us where we need to be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×