Siwel

Jake Cooper (Millwall)

7 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Not fucking about with the defence it seems, that's a hefty investment if he comes in plus the 2 other CB's.

It was badly needed. I do think we need another 2 high quality players, one being a striker but like a few would be surprised if we could manage it with our current spending.

In any case we should be far, far more better equipped for a title push.

I think we still need an experienced striker and a creative player in midfield. I’m not sure if we will get them or not though.

3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I think we still need an experienced striker and a creative player in midfield. I’m not sure if we will get them or not though.

If we don’t then I don’t think we will be challenging for the league which is my original point in why spend another 3 million on another defender when we still need this 

of course there could be more money aside for them but that’s more me being hopeful 

Any predictions for when he will be signed?

4 minutes ago, CooperSF said:

Any predictions for when he will be signed?

Friday. 

59 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

A better defence let’s the midfield sit further up the park, and a better midfield (with arfield) should give more possession/chances to the forwards. 

It’s not unreasonable to suggest we’ll score a similar amount to last year.

Look at the Scottish Cup game in which we got beat 4-0 by celtic as an example.  Our midfield was completely overrun, they dominated possession as a result, and spent the entire game on the front foot hammering our defense.  If that's happening then Candeias, Murphy, and Morelos will have very little involvement from an attacking point of view.  It's easy to point the finger at our attackers for a lack of Old Firm goals but they need support otherwise they can't do anything.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Reports now that cooper has a release clause and we are close to triggering it.

It doesn't however confirm the fee

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5940119/Rangers-make-improved-offer-worth-3m-Millwall-defender-Jake-Cooper.html

Right this annoys me a little, if it was our player I'd just be expecting the team to pay the release clause (if reasonable) - surely we just need to pay the release clause. Also run the risk of other teams getting involved if it continues to rumble on...

Meet the release clause and make him a Rangers player.  After that we should all sign up to that Millwall forum and call them 'slags'.

45 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Yeah as it is now I don't think we can win a title, I do think we could push them more than we have done (which is not hard really).

2 more top signings and we could be ready for a title scrap.

Hopefully we do have the means for it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Yeah as it is now I don't think we can win a title, I do think we could push them more than we have done (which is not hard really).

2 more top signings and we could be ready for a title scrap.

Hopefully we do have the means for it.

He is looking another centre half, could this mean 3-5-2 ?  another decent mid and attacker. 

How good we'll  be depends massively on how good the loanees are. It's really hard to say what kind of outfit we'll be next season. 

That's on top of Gerrard being untested and various other players being various shades of unknown quantity.

starting to form a bit of a team here.

this guys supposed to be a real danger at set pieces too. 

a better defence lets the midfield concentrate on what they are supposed to be doing rather than trying to plug the gaps in a shite defence. All we have had till gerrard is various managers trying to make up for the inadequacies of a shit defence through trying to pack the midfield. Hopefully, now we have a defence that can stand up for itself, when asked to do so.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Right this annoys me a little, if it was our player I'd just be expecting the team to pay the release clause (if reasonable) - surely we just need to pay the release clause. Also run the risk of other teams getting involved if it continues to rumble on...

Agreed we should just be getting the clause paid and the deal done.

Interesting the millwall manager was out saying not for sale even know he has a release clause.

Just now, CooperSF said:

This will be interesting...

EE283CA9-ED27-4255-9543-E4A1E4BC2778.jpeg

why would we pay north of £6m IF the contract release clause is in the region of £3m??  seems a strange thing to come out with.  unless their is no release clause

Just now, BlueKnight87 said:

Agreed we should just be getting the clause paid and the deal done.

Interesting the millwall manager was out saying not for sale even know he has a release clause.

Millwall board after his comments:

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Sounds like it's close. Hope it gets done. Couple of Millwall mates from down south absolutely raving about him and gutted about the prospect of losing him. One actually said "he's the best defender outside the Premier League" - big claim but exciting if it's even close to being true.

2 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

why would we pay north of £6m IF the contract release clause is in the region of £3m??  seems a strange thing to come out with.  unless their is no release clause

If we don’t pay the additional £3m then they’ll send a nasty email calling us “CAAAAAAANTS!”

• Like 1

If we come along there’s only one place he would want to be 

in the spirit of friendship, we should just pay whatever they ask of us. If future we should call this the "Kris Boyd" Procurement Method.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Leeds_Bear said:

why pay the release clause if we could get him cheaper?

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

If we don’t then I don’t think we will be challenging for the league which is my original point in why spend another 3 million on another defender when we still need this 

of course there could be more money aside for them but that’s more me being hopeful 

Because we have 3 CBs in our first team squad currently and one of them is a midfielder.

7 minutes ago, gogzy said:

why pay the release clause if we could get him cheaper?

That's why I said if reasonable, if we are close to his release clause at £3m then surely just pay the difference as what's going to make them accept a lower amount?

Not saying their board couldn't be as daft as ours, but unlikley they're going to accept anything lower? 

19 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Possible mare there fans don't know about the clause. Not all players are like windass and his father making it publicly known.

• Like 1