Siwel

Jake Cooper (Millwall)

2 hours ago, hammer93 said:

The point I am making and you have just rebuffed it is simply that John Stones would walk into our side....people who question his ability must be wanting us to sign a reincarnation of Bobby Moore and Franz Beckanbauer 

Moore was overrated.

2 hours ago, Big Al II said:

Moore was overrated.

Would have nicked bracelets for fun up here 

• Like 1

Terry McCann.

I hope we up our bid and try to land this boy.  By all accounts he's highly rated and still very young.  

• Like 1

Would love to see some movement on this one, have a good feeling about him. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TMB said:

I hope we up our bid and try to land this boy.  By all accounts he's highly rated and still very young.  

How much was our first bid?

1 minute ago, CooperSF said:

fiddy pea

Just now, CooperSF said:

It was said to have been around £1.5m. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

fiddy pea

8C2489B8-E7D0-4AA1-9BFB-214EE31CBEA6.gif

2 minutes ago, CooperSF said:

8C2489B8-E7D0-4AA1-9BFB-214EE31CBEA6.gif

ya a lyk dags

1 hour ago, TMB said:

It was said to have been around £1.5m. 

millwall apparently keen to keep him. It will likely take more than £1.5m to get him.

18 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

millwall apparently keen to keep him. It will likely take more than £1.5m to get him.

I know.  I'd like to see us up the bid and try to get him.  Someone said their record sale was something like £2m so I don't think we would need to go much beyond that to get him.  If this young guy is one of the most promising CBs in the English Championship then he's worth it.

3 minutes ago, TMB said:

I know.  I'd like to see us up the bid and try to get him.  Someone said their record sale was something like £2m so I don't think we would need to go much beyond that to get him.  If this young guy is one of the most promising CBs in the English Championship then he's worth it.

If we can get him for £2M + I would be very happy.

Everything I've read says he got a lot of talent and would be a good addition to the squad.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TMB said:

surely if hes one of the most promising CBs in the championship it will take way more than just over £2m to sign him?????

3 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

surely if hes one of the most promising CBs in the championship it will take way more than just over £2m to sign him?????

I'm not that familiar with Millwall's finances but they don't sound like a cash rich club.  Their ins and outs never seem to involve big money:

Biggest Transfer fee paid: Paul Goddard – £800,000 from Derby County

Biggest Transfer fee received: Steve Morison – £2,800,000 to Norwich

Plus, I was on one of their forums and they really rate Shaun Hutchinson who is also a left sided CB.  I think they even brought in another CB recently so they have depth in that area.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TMB said:

I'm not that familiar with Millwall's finances but they don't sound like a cash rich club.  Their ins and outs never seem to involve big money:

Biggest Transfer fee paid: Paul Goddard – £800,000 from Derby County

Biggest Transfer fee received: Steve Morison – £2,800,000 to Norwich

Plus, I was on one of their forums and they really rate Shaun Hutchinson who is also a left sided CB.  I think they even brought in another CB recently so they have depth in that area.

really hope we manage to get the guy for the money thrown about as he really does look like he would be a great player for us.  just seems strange given the money in england someone so highly rated would go for literally peanuts 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

really hope we manage to get the guy for the money thrown about as he really does look like he would be a great player for us.  just seems strange given the money in england someone so highly rated would go for literally peanuts 

I can only guess that Millwall don't have the type of finances the other championship clubs bring to the table.

• Like 1

Millwall Manager has said he’s not for sale. 

17 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I can only guess that Millwall don't have the type of finances the other championship clubs bring to the table.

They only came up from div1 the season before. Getting themselves sorted again. Punched above their weight a little last season but contenders to go up this season imo. 

Always a good day out at Millwall. A good few of them have a soft spot for us and come up for games now and then

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Millwall Manager has said he’s not for sale. 

What he means is he won't be going cheap.

6 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Or he has already been sold

7 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

That’s what I thought too tbf, he’s not gonna come out and say we’re looking to get rid if he’s one of their better defenders

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

Or he has already been sold

Good point.