KingKirk

Listening to offers for Fod

I doubt he will be missed, a mediocre keeper in a relatively poor Rangers squad over the last few seasons.

Thanks for the help getting us back to the top of the domestic leagues but if we have any aspirations of winning the top flight or having any decent spells/qualifying in Europe again we need better. 

• Like 1

He was never going to be good enough to be 1st choice in a successful Rangers side.

I'm glad Gerrard has seen that quickly.

1 hour ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

It's seems it's took Gerrard less than a month to realise what I've been saying all along and what none of the other dumplings managing us could see...

Alnwick is a better keeper than Foderingham.

No that’s not reason it is Foderingham leaving   Foderingham  will want to play every week which isn’t going to happen also we can get a fee for him probably around 1/1.5m  Alnwick on the other hand is happy being a number 2 picking up a decent wage he wouldn’t get anywhere else and his transfer value is probably around the 300k mark  so it makes sense to get rid of Foderingham  and use the fee  received and wage saved to strenthen elsewhere 

We could easily sell Alnwick and Foderingham  as we have young McCrorie as understudy saves a lot of wages 

Its the corect move from the club. Mcgregor is the no1 and alnwick is more than capable as backup who will only improve as he matures. Wes is one of the very few we could sell on for a nice sum. 

Hes been a good servant to the club and i will wish him all the best when he moves on.

• Like 1

Valued at £1.5m whilst he was our first choice now if led to believe he's 3rd choice after a poor season - we will be lucky to get much for him.

2 minutes ago, gers31 said:

We could easily sell Alnwick and Foderingham  as we have young McCrorie as understudy saves a lot of wages 

Having McCrorie sitting on the bench will just stall his development. I'd rather he went on loan again.

1 hour ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Nobody is paying 3.5m-4m for him. He's fucking rotten.

😁

2 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Having McCrorie sitting on the bench will just stall his development. I'd rather he went on loan again.

True mate just thinking about saving wages for other areas plus he would most likley get cup games just like Alnwick did 

3 minutes ago, GetToTheChoppa said:

I'll say he'll go to Wigan for £750,000.

hunch or a source?

2 hours ago, ronniescu said:

I think you mean get Tavernier to fuck..... & it's an even bigger improvement.

Good point well made 👍, I would do that but as he’s in our ad campaign for new strips, I’ve resigned myself to the fact he’s staying (hope I’m wrong and he was only included as he was captain, and being selected as captain was a joke too).

Nowhere near as bad as made out and it's baffling how people rate Alwick and completely ignore his errors and that he was in goal when we shipped 5 at Hibs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Nowhere near as bad as made out and it's baffling how people rate Alwick and completely ignore his errors and that he was in goal when we shipped 5 at Hibs.

Nowhere near as good either. 

50 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Don't think anyone rates Alnwick as anything more than a number 2.

• Like 1

Reckon he’ll be part of the deal for Cooper.

33 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

baffling is the only way to describe this.  foderingham is THE single worst first choice keeper i can recall for us in about 40 years.  would argue cammy bell was a better GK.  foderingham is, at best utter shite and a total bombscare.  guy wont get any better either imo.  the sooner hes gone the better.

the fact guys rate him shows EXACTLY how far standards have dropped in recent years

4 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

baffling is the only way to describe this.  foderingham is THE single worst first choice keeper i can recall for us in about 40 years.  would argue cammy bell was a better GK.  foderingham is, at best utter shite and a total bombscare.  guy wont get any better either imo.  the sooner hes gone the better.

the fact guys rate him shows EXACTLY how far standards have dropped in recent years

:lol:

7 minutes ago, The Monk said:

Reckon he’ll be part of the deal for Cooper.

That would be ideal.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, gers31 said:

Not for me. I think at his age first team football is more beneficial than him sitting on the bench every week, especially considering how old McGregor is.

I’ve never bought into this competition for places thing with keepers. Most clubs have an established number one who is going to play every week unless injured or suspended so what I think we should be doing is getting Alnwick and Fod off the wage bill and getting in an experienced getting an journeyman who’s maybe had a career as a number one and been around a bit but is now happy to play back up.

Somebody like Tomas Cerny would be ideal for that slot in the squad IMO.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

Don't think anyone rates Alnwich as anything more than a number 2.

People were saying that he had played his way into being first choice at the end of the season though.

3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

People were saying that he had played his way into being first choice at the end of the season though.

In a straight choice between him and Foderingham aye.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

tbf after foderingham felt offended after getting stick and essentially bottled playing for us he was always going to be number 1 at the end of the season.

to think the fans hurt foderinghams feelings and didnt want to play for us to the extent he had to feign an injury and cunts still think he is good enough to stay🤣🤣🤣