10 hours ago, Amac9 said:

Who actually believes shite like this? 

Carroll, Defoe, Ings, Lucas... we are NEVER going to afford players like that unless they are willing to take a monumental drop in wages.

Wouldn't even want any of players mentioned if they dropped to 20k pw. 

There has to be better players across Europe that we could sign for less, and would rise in value. 

Need to get away from signing players on their way out of the game, and going for players who are trying to reach the top. 

A lot of our support moan about players using us as a stepping stone to the EPL, or Champions League football, but that is the reality of where Scottish Football is at. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ShaneRalfRoss said:

There talk of us trying sign him on fb 

But what news site on Facebook? Or is it just your pals saying it? 😂

Carroll would do well up front for us with Seb Rosenthal at #10, Prodan behind him and Andy Webster at the heart of our defense. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GT66 said:

There has to be better players across Europe that we could sign for less, and would rise in value. 

Need to get away from signing players on their way out of the game, and going for players who are trying to reach the top. 

A lot of our support moan about players using us as a stepping stone to the EPL, or Champions League football, but that is the reality of where Scottish Football is at. 

You wouldn’t want, Ings, Lucas or Carroll? Are you mental?

28 minutes ago, Siwel said:

You wouldn’t want, Ings, Lucas or Carroll? Are you mental?

The money they would cost, with none coming in when they move on, plus their age/ risk they might not adapt to the league, then no. 

I want players who are on their way up, rather than on the way down. 

Ings I would take, since he is only 25, but he hasn't played consistently for the last couple of years, and I doubt he would take a drop in his wage that would be enough for me not to consider him a risk. 

Lucas was quality last season for Lazio, but we would have to spend a shit load to get him. 

Carroll would I imagine would be good in this league, but is injury prone, and would be a risk because of that. 

I would want them if we could afford to spend the money we would have to on their wages. 

Edit: I consider 20k too much to pay a guy that might only manage 15 games a season. 

1 minute ago, GT66 said:

The money they would cost, with none coming in when they move on, plus their age/ risk they might not adapt to the league, then no. 

I want players who are on their way up, rather than on the way down. 

Ings I would take, since he is only 25, but he hasn't played consistently for the last couple of years, and I doubt he would take a drop in his wage that would be enough for me not to consider him a risk. 

Lucas was quality last season for Lazio, but we would have to spend a shit load to get him. 

Carroll would I imagine would be good in this league, but is injury prone, and would be a risk because of that. 

I would want them if we could afford to spend the money we would have to on their wages. 

I don’t care where they go after they’re here if they come and help us to a title then that’s all that matters right now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Siwel said:

I don’t care where they go after they’re here if they come and help us to a title then that’s all that matters right now.

Fair dos

But if they come, we spunk a load on them and they fail to win anything, that leaves us in the exact position we were in last summer, and this one. 

Andy Carroll would be a horrendous deal full stop

• Like 1

If Andy Carroll could stay fit he would be playing for England. He is that good on his day. But the reason he has played for so many clubs is because he can't stay fit.

7 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

the reason he has played for so many clubs.

3 at 29yrs old is less than most tbh. 

1 hour ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Carroll would do well up front for us with Seb Rosenthal at #10, Prodan behind him and Andy Webster at the heart of our defense. 

Is that this guy's son?

jim-rosenthal-.jpg

7 hours ago, plumbGER said:

If you don't actually know then aye you are making it up.

I don’t actually know so aye file under ‘made up’

thanks for clarifying.

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

If Andy Carroll could stay fit he would be playing for England. He is that good on his day. But the reason he has played for so many clubs is because he can't stay fit.

Are you saying only Newcastle, Liverpool and West Ham? I imagined more.....

What we need is the new Carroll or Ferguson but I get your point. If fit he would wreak havoc in Scotland.

Assuming we could even afford this.

You just know with our luck the fitness issues would get worse.

In the last 2 seasons Carroll has only managed 40 appearances.

On 05/07/2018 at 09:45, ShaneRalfRoss said:

tenor.gif.f457895a7f6af3c8654694cc0c26b4ed.gif

• Like 1

On ‎05‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 09:45, ShaneRalfRoss said:

is that the guy with spit the dug?

20 hours ago, GT66 said:

You wouldn't want Lucas Leiva for 20k a week because we could get better at that price?

Are you on drugs?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Goosetav said:

You wouldn't want Lucas Leiva for 20k a week because we could get better at that price?

Are you on drugs?

I was actually

On 05/07/2018 at 10:10, onefootwillie said:

3 games a season out of him ,what with his injuries and sending offs 

aye and 4 of them in training 

good luck to the guy though .made a fortune for doing nothing for years on the back of a good season in the championship with Newcastle 

On 05/07/2018 at 22:24, Siwel said:

first title is huge .

firstly the euphoria and gifruy.

then a crack at champions league .

even if we don't qualify stops those cunts getting a shot of it and then the slippery slope starts for them 

Ings has been unlucky and young enough to become a star but Carroll would last 5 minutes up here and be injured for months .