I'm prepared to give King a go now

Just thinking I was happy to have a swipe at him because he apparently preferred Anfield to the Brox but it now seems that there was indeed method in his madness and he used those trips to bring in a manager that we can perhaps all believe in.

Ok it's very early days in management for Stevie G but I think it's a decent throw of the dice because unfortunately everyone seems to be throwing money at Timothy these days and so we really do need an imaginative appointment to close the gap.

3 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

Just thinking I was happy to have a swipe at him because he apparently preferred Anfield to the Brox but it now seems that there was indeed method in his madness and he used those trips to bring in a manager that we can perhaps all believe in.

Ok it's very early days in management for Stevie G but I think it's a decent throw of the dice because unfortunately everyone seems to be throwing money at Timothy these days and so we really do need an imaginative appointment to close the gap.

Not for me 

It's gone all quiet again with all the ST books been paid for 

1 hour ago, Thermopylae said:

Early days?  He hasn’t managed a senior team for a competitive match.  You call it “imaginative” but it could turn out to be yet another disaster having put yet another rookie manager in control of this club.  I want Gerrard to succeed more than anyone but let’s not get ahead of ourselves by praising this appointment before we even know what we’ll be getting.

Gerrards future is on this - he's been thinking or wanting to move into management for over 5 years - he was a top player - with a far better winning mentality than most and now he's our rookie manager. 

I think it's a brilliant appointment - almost as cunning as bringing Souness in all those years ago - so SG is due his respect. 

King, well he's just doing his job.