Thermopylae

I'm prepared to give King a go now

34 minutes ago, Wearethepeople72 said:

All about what happens on the pitch really and at the moment I don’t think our squad is good enough to challenge, we still need at least another 4/5 quality players and that’s assuming that the players we’ve signed will be adequate. 

Not about the squad, this will take care of itself. Britney, Gollum and that Dundonian unknown know their place, silence. Cunts.

48 minutes ago, Wearethepeople72 said:

All about what happens on the pitch really and at the moment I don’t think our squad is good enough to challenge, we still need at least another 4/5 quality players and that’s assuming that the players we’ve signed will be adequate. 

This. Generally I try to see all things Rangers positively but our squad urgently needs an injection of quality with our first competitive game now less than a week away. 2 or 3 big name quality signings required.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, djwyc14 said:

This. Generally I try to see all things Rangers positively but our squad urgently needs an injection of quality with our first competitive game now less than a week away. 2 or 3 big name quality signings required.

On what evidence? Have you seen the current squad playing? I get it's all about opinions, but the only people that know where we are at is the manager and his team. I'm confident they know what needs to be done. If it doesn't work out, we still need to back them if we believe we are going in the right direction. I believe we are and there are still lots of changes going to be made.Judge on evidence, not speculation.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Goosetav said:

Aye but can he go to jail?

I don't think he can, I assume he knows what he's doing. 

He's said he has proof of funds but the money is in a South African bank account but the courts want it in a UK bank account. Apparently he waited until the very last minute to tell them that.  

I was reading it can take as long as 18 months to move that amount of money from a South African account to a British one. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Goosetav said:

Aye but can he go to jail?

I would think technically aye he could if he continues to ignore a court ruling. 

But would the court chase him to SA over it?? The Takeover Panel won’t let this drop though he is more or less flicking them the middle finger and they won’t take that, they might move slow but they will eventually crush the lying cunt. 

• Like 3

Yes, I'll back him.

When?

When he can tell the truth.

When he puts his hand in his very deep pockets.

When 55 has been achieved.

Nothing less than that.

16 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

I'll be leaving for nightshift shortly and theres a couple of taigs on my shift, can someone sum up why Dave is going to jail?

I don't understand the posts in the boardroom section and don't really care enough to try. I need an idiots version

Why complicate things when you can just tell them to fuck up? DK isn't at the High court unlike some. Flip the question.

1 hour ago, jackrfc95 said:

I don't think he can, I assume he knows what he's doing. 

He's said he has proof of funds but the money is in a South African bank account but the courts want it in a UK bank account. Apparently he waited until the very last minute to tell them that.  

I was reading it can take as long as 18 months to move that amount of money from a South African account to a British one. 

It takes less than one hour to have money transferred from SA lawyer's client account to UK lawyer's client account, any amount that is cleared by SARB, they have obviously refused king a currency licence.

9 hours ago, djwyc14 said:

im only interested in the team on the park as all the boardroom stuff is above my head and tbh not something i/we can really ingluence.

personally if the new signings hit the ground running then with 2 or 3 quality forward signings then i believe we wont be far off this coming season.  no way can we be as bad as last season whatsoever.  first 4 games will show us exactly where we stand tho

6 minutes ago, backup said:

It takes less than one hour to have money transferred from SA lawyer's client account to UK lawyer's client account, any amount that is cleared by SARB, they have obviously refused king a currency licence.

I'd be unbelievably surprised if it took less than an hour to transfer 13 million quid from South Africa to the UK. 

There's all sorts of fraud and money laundering checks it has to go through. 

8 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

I'd be unbelievably surprised if it took less than an hour to transfer 13 million quid from South Africa to the UK. 

There's all sorts of fraud and money laundering checks it has to go through. 

You need to read the post, who do you think SARB are.

6 minutes ago, backup said:

You need to read the post, who do you think SARB are.

presume thats the reserve bank??  they will know exactly what money is available and completely clean

21 minutes ago, backup said:

There are financial controls in SA - and sending out ZAR200m is a process but certainly not an hours process mate.

Anyway - I am sure DK has offshore accounts - and wouldn't be burdened by SARB.

13 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

presume thats the reserve bank??  they will know exactly what money is available and completely clean

They are also the grantor or not of a currency licence.

11 hours ago, 1NachoNovo said:

On what evidence? Have you seen the current squad playing? I get it's all about opinions, but the only people that know where we are at is the manager and his team. I'm confident they know what needs to be done. If it doesn't work out, we still need to back them if we believe we are going in the right direction. I believe we are and there are still lots of changes going to be made.Judge on evidence, not speculation.

We have a manager who has never managed a senior team in his life, how can you be confident they he knows anything? hopefully he does but ATM no-one has a clue how this will work out

21 hours ago, 2nd Flute said:

Anyone wanting to invest in Rangers must be put off by him, if I had money to invest, I'd want him gone,fuck that.

If you had money King would give you the keys to Ibrox in a heartbeat and get back to his golf in the sun. Unfortunately NO one has stepped up so we'll have support the ONLY show in town.

15 hours ago, djwyc14 said:

The right manager can make a big difference to players 

1 minute ago, Thermopylae said:

The right manager can make a big difference to players 

We have a rookie Manager with no experience a big name granted but in a playing sense rather than a Managerial sense.

3 hours ago, mus said:

We have a manager who has never managed a senior team in his life, how can you be confident they he knows anything? hopefully he does but ATM no-one has a clue how this will work out

Of course there are no guarantees but he has been around success most of his career and if you are a seriously under achieving player short on confidence and Stevie G says to you that you are my kind of player then suddenly every pass is better and every  chance in front of goal is easier to score than to miss 

3 minutes ago, Smile said:

We have a rookie Manager with no experience a big name granted but in a playing sense rather than a Managerial sense.

We just don't have the money just now to bring in the finished article who has succeeded at a big club so what we have done in  IMO is at least give ourselves a fighting chance 

Just now, Thermopylae said:

We just don't have the money to bring in the finished article who has succeeded at a big club so what we have done is IMO is at least give ourselves a fighting chance 

We do Gerrard would have cost a fortune with his backroom team.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

We do Gerrard would have cost a fortune with his backroom team.

If Gerrard had years of success as a manger under his belt it would have cost more 

1 hour ago, ianferguson said:

If you had money King would give you the keys to Ibrox in a heartbeat and get back to his golf in the sun. Unfortunately NO one has stepped up so we'll have support the ONLY show in town.

Fair point bud