**Official Rangers v Bury Match Thread**

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Siwel said:

Was impressed with how quickly we moved the ball forward and got it into the box, no more taking 20 passes to get to the opposition 18 yard line. Also the cut backs are a very good way of creating chances against packer defences.

so was i and its a joy to watch.  not a fan of liverpool but their style of play with the quick counter to very fast players to watch is a joy to watch and probably the most exciting to watch in europe lately.  was really hoping gerrard would implement that style of play.  looks like we may be in for a very exciting season

3 minutes ago, WilliamMunny said:

Hes young and will learn... showed so far with his talent grit and determination that he can be a real good player for us in years to come 

A know mate, just dont want to give the dozzy bastards in black an excuse.

6 minutes ago, Amac9 said:

Let's not do the usual RM thing of OTT praise.

We seem to do it with every player we sign abd 6 games later reality kicks in.

A good solid start against a poor side. Nothing more nothing less.

It's a brief on today's game - not the 2018/2019 weather forecast. 

Just now, Vision said:

A know mate, just dont want to give the dozzy bastards in black an excuse.

Understandable... but we should not hold this boy back and let him make rash decisions and errors as he will only learn from it going forward and develop into an excellent player for us

4 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Nice to win 6-0 but it's absolutely no gauge whatsoever

Next week will be a little more of a test

Feel the same mate, even next weeks too early to gauge although there is something at stake so as long as we get through the tie I’ll be happy. I think it will be 3/5 games into the league that we see it gelling together if sooner then all the better, always the same when you add half a team, not to mention a new manager

Can only beat what's put in front of you. However, the tempo of our play was much higher than in recent seasons. None of the slow keep ball sideways stuff. If we can do the same high press and quick passing against better/fitter sides I think we may do ok

1 minute ago, Tomatasauce said:

Feel the same mate, even next weeks too early to gauge although there is something at stake so as long as we get through the tie I’ll be happy. I think it will be 3/5 games into the league that we see it gelling together if sooner then all the better, always the same when you add half a team, not to mention a new manager

Always nice to see us win any game at a canter

Some promising performances but I still see too many players that should not be there

And they will come back to haunt us further down the line in big games .

The new players all looked good last year . Well except Dalcio :justno:

12 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Flanagan is a player, McCrorie will take no shit, finally we have a box to box midfielder in Arfield, Back 2 look solid big units who won’t be bullied. 

Can we please get shot of WindAss

And morelos hes not that good tbh. Should have sold him back when we  could have robbed the asians blind for him.

14 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Nice to win 6-0 but it's absolutely no gauge whatsoever

Next week will be a little more of a test

Exactly remember after shefield wednesday last season cardoso & herrera looked like players.

4 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Some promising performances but I still see too many players that should not be there

Agree Morelos, Windass, Candeias.

Difference is Gerrard wont put up with them if their not contributing.

8 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I seen players that were playing way, way below what they are capable of last season mate especially after nov/dec time(the ones who played regularly last year), I’m willing to give them the benefit of the doubt over the cluster fuck appointments of Pedro an murty but i agree there is too many fringe players that couldn’t get a regular game last year that will have zero chance again this year

Decent atmosphere the night btw. 

Goldson was the one who really stood out for me, what an absolute steal he's going to be.

Katic coming forward with the ball looks decent, but wasn't as strong as I thought he was. 

Arfield looks good, always looking forward.

Hopefully a bid for Windass comes in though, I just cannot take to him.

Just now, Vision said:

Agree Morelos, Windass, Candeias.

Difference is Gerrard wont put up with them if their not contributing.

I'm not sure mate

All of these players can turn it on for a little while and look very good against weaker opposition .

They could worm there way into his future plans . To be honest I'm still open minded with Alf and Candeias

I'm not with  Tav and Windass

1 minute ago, ben51 said:

Decent atmosphere the night btw. 

Goldson was the one who really stood out for me, what an absolute steal he's going to be.

Katic coming forward with the ball looks decent, but wasn't as strong as I thought he was. 

Arfield looks good too.

Hopefully a bid for Windass comes in though, I just cannot take to him.

Looks like the defender we've been craving.

Thing I like about Gerrard so far , he’s sussed out the ones that aren’t good enough right away , Holt away , jack and docherty on in the second half with young boys , all players many punters kept telling me were good players to

Archived