**Official Rangers v Bury Match Thread**

Just now, Cedrick said:

Thing I like about Gerrard so far , he’s sussed out the ones that aren’t good enough right away , Holt away , jack and docherty on in the second half with young boys , all players many punters kept telling me were good players to

Halliday. 

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Vision said:

Agree Morelos, Windass, Candeias.

Difference is Gerrard wont put up with them if their not contributing.

Your talking pish mate!

they 3 are not the problem from last year ya fucking madman windass got what, 18 goals from midfield ffs an morelos top scorer? Could be wrong after his horrendous run in 

just cos you don’t like them dosent make them shite

Definitely will take time for players to gel, get into their rhythm, become more match fit etc. However, the mentality is already very apparent - you can tell there  was more intensity to the play from the tackling, pressing higher and not letting the opposition have any time on the ball, winning every 50:50 ball, passing movements and support play. I was impressed - it didn't really matter about Bury and what we thought of them  - we didn't give them a chance, not even a sniff, and that makes it a good gauge for things to come, imo. Exciting times...

2 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

Your talking pish mate!

they 3 are not the problem from last year ya fucking madman windass got what, 18 goals from midfield ffs an morelos top scorer? Could be wrong after his horrendous run in 

windass is tho however i agree about morelos and candeis.  think poster missed out tavernier unfortunately

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I'm not sure mate

All of these players can turn it on for a little while and look very good against weaker opposition .

They could worm there way into his future plans . To be honest I'm still open minded with Alf and Candeias

I'm not with  Tav and Windass

I'm satisfied with them as squad players, we still have to beat the dross of the spl, you still have to have the supporting cast to the stars.

The last few months i've went on and on about a spine, we're nearing completion of that spine.

All we need now is a class AM and striker IMO.

6 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

Your talking pish mate!

Who said a didn't like them?

7 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Halliday has always been slaughtered by the support 

Because he’s pish. Hodson played too. So Gerrard clearly hasn’t sussed all all the shite ones yet. 

7 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Thing I like about Gerrard so far , he’s sussed out the ones that aren’t good enough right away , Holt away , jack and docherty on in the second half with young boys , all players many punters kept telling me were good players to

In principle I agree with you personally still think Docherty had something to offer. His first games for us were very good and then lost his way. With correct direction could be a good player.

Just now, Brubear said:

In principle I agree with you personally still think Docherty had something to offer. His first games for us were very good and then lost his way. With correct direction could be a good player.

Hope so mate , can’t get any better help than from his manager 

1 minute ago, RDFM said:

Because he’s pish. Hodson played too. So Gerrard clearly hasn’t sussed all all the shite ones yet. 

Did Halliday and Hodgson start aye ? Doubt I was at a different game 

6 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

Your talking pish mate!

Windass turn of the year up until the 3 2 tarrier game was on fire .but still wasn't liked by many. 

he was playing that well that a bookie company ran a promo ad.windass had scored more goals in one month than the whole taig team 

he has his faults no doubt .and he didn't have those faults he wouldn't ever have been anywhere near our club and may even have been lining up against Sweden tomorrow .

the days of us having laudrup quality have gone .we can't even hold onto 15yr olds that are better than decent these days thanks to tv cash imbalance 

1 minute ago, Cedrick said:

Did Halliday and Hodgson start aye ? Doubt I was at a different game 

No but they played. Very few people expected Jack or Docherty to start even people that wax lyrical about them, furthermore, not starting doesn’t mean you’re a good player and starter doesn’t mean you are. 

19 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

Your talking pish mate!

He is talkin utter pish mate

Can't really complain about a 6-0 win even against weaker opposition.  The team looked hungrier than we've seen than recent years as we seen by the players falling up on parries.

17 minutes ago, RDFM said:

Aye your right he probably thinks Hodson is a cracking wee player.

Just back and I'm impressed. I'm fucking happy.

Won't single anyone out for criticism, but we all know who ain't cutting the mustard.

Arfield is a player and all the new signings looked very promising. McCrorie got fucking right at it.

Fucking felt real proud. There is something about Stevie G. He gives me confidence he knows wtf he is doing. I feel a Souness mk2 era coming on.

Carried away I know, but we're onto to something big with Gerrard.

Archived