**Official Rangers v Bury Match Thread**

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just home from the game ...... thought we were terrific all over the park with Scot Arfield our star player. Exciting times to be a Bear. Really looking forward to the new season on this showing.

50 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Flanagan is a player, McCrorie will take no shit, finally we have a box to box midfielder in Arfield, Back 2 look solid big units who won’t be bullied. 

Can we please get shot of WindAss

I was going to post similar CB. The players you mentioned were good, and think Goldson and Katic are a big step up from what we had, and although Bury are a poor team they showed up well I thought.

While Windass could have had a goal are two he just looks awkward in a lot he does, frustrating to watch.

John seemed to lose the ball a few times when he came on, I don't remember Flanagan doing that.

Young McCrorie while a bit exuberant at times looked great, and probably already taking on what SG is telling him.

Tav was a little like last season for me and if he is the captain for the season I think that is a poor decision.

Murphy was OK and glad he got a goal, I hope he has more to offer.

Arfield was good and should be a lot better than we had last season.

Candeias was ok but not sure if he is good enough to start every week.

Morelos seemed in the first half to be more interested but thought he slipped out of the game as it went on,(apart from his goal) I was not convinced he really wants to be here.

The boy Middleton was good to watch, he has a good future I think.

It was good to be back at Ibrox again and a great crowd.

Next Thursday will hopefully be a good result but I think we need another few players in if we are to have any chance of winning 55 this season.

37 minutes ago, RDFM said:

Because he’s pish. Hodson played too. So Gerrard clearly hasn’t sussed all all the shite ones yet. 

No. Gerrard has given the shite players the opportunity to show they are shite and let it sink in they are shite, so when they are benched or oot the fucking door, they will know the reason why. 

Was well happy after tonights performance, I expected us to dominate and maybe win by 3 or 4 so to hit 6 and keep a clean sheet was great to see.

Bearing in mind we were playing bury there was mostly positives to take away from it and any negatives were things we already knew.

Im looking forward to seeing us being tested by a team who can put us under the cosh for a bit and see if we are the real deal.

Great to be back tonite. One thing about friendlies is it sure attracts some cretins. Hopefully the ones round about me tonite are not new st holders and i get the same folk as last 2 seasons good crowd. 

Oh and plenty of titties tonight in the warm evening air

5 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

No. Gerrard has given the shite players the opportunity to show they are shite and let it sink in they are shite, so when they are benched or oot the fucking door, they will know the reason why. 

Ignore this lol wrong reply. 

Archived