Kids at football

After a bit of advice please. My 3 year old keeps asking to go see Rangers play but in my head he is far too young to understand how to play the game and may get bored and therefore off to a bad start supporting the Gers.

What's everyones experiences? Good or bad. Trying to decide whether to take him tonight. 

I bought my son a season ticket when he was 3. His first game was against east stirling in the 3rd division. Trick is loads of crisps sweets like you would the cinema. My son still has his season ticket which has sat empty for over three years now as his cunt of a mother refuses me access. But you should know after couple games if its for him at that age

I’d say 3 is too young - I can’t see what there is at a game for a 3 year old to enjoy, and the last thing you want is for him to have a bad experience and not want to go back. Better to build the anticipation and suspense til you know he’ll enjoy it.

My son has been to a few games over the years, he is 4 today, and he enjoys it. He doesn't really appreciate the football so to say, but being there with me, his mum, or his grandad makes him happy, and then he just takes in the surroundings, and sometimes watches the footie.

We are front row of the govan rear, so he gets to stand and lean over the barrier.

39 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

My son has been to a few games over the years, he is 4 today, and he enjoys it. He doesn't really appreciate the football so to say, but being there with me, his mum, or his grandad makes him happy, and then he just takes in the surroundings, and sometimes watches the footie.

We are front row of the govan rear, so he gets to stand and lean over the barrier.

When I was really young I didn't really appreciate football either but as you say there was just something about the whole event, the family walking to the stadium and just the general atmosphere.

My dad found the key to keeping me entertained was just a big bag of sweets and chocolate 

5 hours ago, lewislaudrup said:

I bought my son a season ticket when he was 3. His first game was against east stirling in the 3rd division. Trick is loads of crisps sweets like you would the cinema. My son still has his season ticket which has sat empty for over three years now as his cunt of a mother refuses me access. But you should know after couple games if its for him at that age

I don't know the circumstances and don't want to mate but i've always thought stuff like that brutal to read 

Ive been taking my boy regularly since he 4. We're in the family section so theres plenty of keep him amused b4 the game starts. Loads of sweets n juice. Get some games for your fone if he needs  more entertainent

Took my 4 year old daughter to the Bury game, she lost interest after 5 mins! Loved the music, clapping etc. Broxi and his family was the big attraction. 

Snacks and my phone was the saving grace or we wouldn't have lasted the full game.

She's asking to go again but don't think it'll be anytime soon, she's just a wee bit too young yet.

On 06/07/2018 at 07:09, McEwan's Lager said:

I know a lot of people who went around that age to their first game and now can’t remember it.

My Dad was 9 for his first game and he took me to my first game when I was 9.

I know that’s really late but I’ll definitely remember it for the rest of my life.

Couldn't have been that great if you don't mention the teams and score..............you actually forgotten ?