Jump to content
PSL

Kids at football

Recommended Posts

After a bit of advice please. My 3 year old keeps asking to go see Rangers play but in my head he is far too young to understand how to play the game and may get bored and therefore off to a bad start supporting the Gers.

 

What's everyones experiences? Good or bad. Trying to decide whether to take him tonight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know a lot of people who went around that age to their first game and now can’t remember it.

My Dad was 9 for his first game and he took me to my first game when I was 9.

I know that’s really late but I’ll definitely remember it for the rest of my life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought my son a season ticket when he was 3. His first game was against east stirling in the 3rd division. Trick is loads of crisps sweets like you would the cinema. My son still has his season ticket which has sat empty for over three years now as his cunt of a mother refuses me access. But you should know after couple games if its for him at that age

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d say 3 is too young - I can’t see what there is at a game for a 3 year old to enjoy, and the last thing you want is for him to have a bad experience and not want to go back. Better to build the anticipation and suspense til you know he’ll enjoy it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My son has been to a few games over the years, he is 4 today, and he enjoys it. He doesn't really appreciate the football so to say, but being there with me, his mum, or his grandad makes him happy, and then he just takes in the surroundings, and sometimes watches the footie.

We are front row of the govan rear, so he gets to stand and lean over the barrier.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

My son has been to a few games over the years, he is 4 today, and he enjoys it. He doesn't really appreciate the football so to say, but being there with me, his mum, or his grandad makes him happy, and then he just takes in the surroundings, and sometimes watches the footie.

We are front row of the govan rear, so he gets to stand and lean over the barrier.

1

When I was really young I didn't really appreciate football either but as you say there was just something about the whole event, the family walking to the stadium and just the general atmosphere.

My dad found the key to keeping me entertained was just a big bag of sweets and chocolate 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I first took my son when he was five, he got bored after a few minutes and started counting the crowd. In saying that he’s thirty now and still has the attention span of a gnat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, lewislaudrup said:

I bought my son a season ticket when he was 3. His first game was against east stirling in the 3rd division. Trick is loads of crisps sweets like you would the cinema. My son still has his season ticket which has sat empty for over three years now as his cunt of a mother refuses me access. But you should know after couple games if its for him at that age

I don't know the circumstances and don't want to mate but i've always thought stuff like that brutal to read 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I don't know the circumstances and don't want to mate but i've always thought stuff like that brutal to read 

aye three and a half years of hell and courts think its okay for this to happen. But that chats for another time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as you do not do to the scumdome you should be fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I started talking my son when he was three and he has loved it from the start, l would say he enjoys the occasion more than the football though, hopefully that changes soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, lewislaudrup said:

aye three and a half years of hell and courts think its okay for this to happen. But that chats for another time.

Hope it gets better for you mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been taking my boy since he was about 4, he loves it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 is a bit young, but if you do take the wee one, plenty of munchies, phone to play with when they get bored and please please don’t let them sit and kick of the back of the seat in front. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive been taking my boy regularly since he 4. We're in the family section so theres plenty of keep him amused b4 the game starts. Loads of sweets n juice. Get some games for your fone if he needs  more entertainent

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Took my 4 year old daughter to the Bury game, she lost interest after 5 mins! Loved the music, clapping etc. Broxi and his family was the big attraction. 

Snacks and my phone was the saving grace or we wouldn't have lasted the full game.

She's asking to go again but don't think it'll be anytime soon, she's just a wee bit too young yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was 5 when I went to my first Rangers game and kept chanting Albertz and didn’t know what the fuck was going on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/07/2018 at 07:09, McEwan's Lager said:

I know a lot of people who went around that age to their first game and now can’t remember it.

My Dad was 9 for his first game and he took me to my first game when I was 9.

I know that’s really late but I’ll definitely remember it for the rest of my life.

Couldn't have been that great if you don't mention the teams and score..............you actually forgotten ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, tannerall said:

Couldn't have been that great if you don't mention the teams and score..............you actually forgotten ?

Parma 2-0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My boy was 4. @Rfc52 was there as well. Couldnt sit on his arse for the game, wanted chocolates and sweeties and kept needing the toilet. Told kyle hutton to get a fucking grip as well. Anyway ma boy was sound but dont take @Rfc52

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Took my son of 4 to Kilmarnock for a league cup group stage match about 30 years ago,went for pies just before half time and left him with his uncle who was a Killie fan,when I came back he was in tears...…….. as Rangers,i think were about up 3-0.
My boy was fine thanks. :UK:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×