New Programme

Looks a belter . 

Rangers start a new chapter in the club’s history tonight when Bury travel to Ibrox for Steven Gerrard’s first home match in charge of the Light Blues.

To mark the occasion an 84-page souvenir programme has been printed and inside fans can read exclusive interviews with the new Gers boss, his former Liverpool and England teammate Jamie Carragher, director of football Mark Allen, club legend Walter Smith and Eighties striker Colin West.

Gerrard discusses the 90 minutes coming up against the Shakers, the standards he expects from his players this season and the excitement he is feeling as he is preparing to walk out in front of the Ibrox faithful.

Anfield icon Carragher is backing his close friend to be a big success in his first managerial role while Nine in a Row gaffer Smith believes Gerrard is a great appointment and someone who possesses the hunger, knowledge and passion to take the club back to the top.

Colin West was Graeme Souness’ first signing as Rangers manager in the mid-Eighties and the former striker, who was the assistant manager at Carlisle United last season, hopes the summer of 2018 can be the start of a similar ‘revolution’ with Gerrard now at the helm.

Director of football Mark Allen is also in this evening’s programme and he gives his thoughts on the hard work going on behind the scenes, on and off the pitch, at the Hummel Training Centre as Rangers get ready for an exciting year both at first team and youth levels.

But that’s not all, tonight’s issue also includes:

A welcome from managing director Stewart Robertson

An interview and Q&A with rising star Zak Rudden

Club historian David Mason on the lives and careers of Johnny Hubbard and Harold Davis

Oppo Focus with an interview with Bury boss Ryan Lowe

Exclusive behind the scenes photos from Hummel kit launch photoshoot

The chance to win two hospitality tickets for Rangers v St Mirren on August 11 if you find a lucky golden ticket in your programme.

prog-webimage.jpg

13 hours ago, Siwel said:

Is there a way you can get the club to send these to you if you can’t make the game?

Club stopped doing individual subscriptions last season.

You can now and again buy them on the website but it’s a bit hit and miss.

Some places like Glasgow Programmes offer home, away, or both subscriptions. But you pay more than cover price as obviously they are a business and are there to make a profit.

The Rangers Collectors Club on FB also has people on it who would oblige and pick you up one if you can’t make a game.

1 hour ago, gmcf said:

Was it just me , or did the covers feel weird ? 

Same material as a few years ago. I think Warburton’s first season? Nice to have a decent spine too.

Also, if you look at the spine it is numbered down the bottom and has some interesting markings that look like the outlines of the crest. I hope it’s one where if you have the full set at the end of the year it will be a picture if you stand them all up together.

10 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Same material as a few years ago. I think Warburton’s first season? Nice to have a decent spine too.

Also, if you look at the spine it is numbered down the bottom and has some interesting markings that look like the outlines of the crest. I hope it’s one where if you have the full set at the end of the year it will be a picture if you stand them all up together.

No offence, but how often do you have sex?

4 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

That'd be interesting about the spine because I get them all . 

While the content was first class , there was just this ' waxy ' feel to the cover that felt eyugh.  

2 minutes ago, gmcf said:

That'd be interesting about the spine because I get them all . 

While the content was first class , there was just this ' waxy ' feel to the cover that felt eyugh.  

Yeah. I know what you mean.

Although I didn’t like last seasons either. Too glossy.

Best ones are the early 80s to early 2000s material. I think they went to that really hard, glossy material around 05/06? 

25 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Yeah. I know what you mean.

Although I didn’t like last seasons either. Too glossy.

Best ones are the early 80s to early 2000s material. I think they went to that really hard, glossy material around 05/06? 

This is bordering on fetishism.

Do you sniff the pages?