Tav captain?

Before I make my tav point, it’s all about opinions, I know but I just can’t get why some people on here have dislike the guy so much

first of all we got him dirt cheap an will make millions on him, so it’s not a big price tag hanging over his head that he isn’t living up to

he one of the fittest in the squad an one of our more consistent players 

despite what most people criticise him for his defending has improved year on year (check stats if your eyes dosent convince you) he’s  still got a fair way to improve if he’s ever to get to epl quality, can’t see him ever even being good enough for a mid table epl team myself but Is that the level of player we are comparing our players to? He’s every bit as crucial to this Rangers team As Alan Hutton was when he moved for 9m so I don’t understand why people are so quick to write him off he’s improving!

His attitude is spot on as a professional football player an if he was a shitebag he could have took the easy life an fucked off to the championship in England but says he has unfinished business at Rangers, that’ll do for me!

8 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

Before I make my tav point, it’s all about opinions, I know but I just can’t get why some people on here have dislike the guy so much

first of all we got him dirt cheap an will make millions on him, so it’s not a big price tag hanging over his head that he isn’t living up to

he one of the fittest in the squad an one of our more consistent players 

despite what most people criticise him for his defending has improved year on year (check stats if your eyes dosent convince you) it’s still got a fair way to improve if he’s ever to get to epl quality, can’t see him ever even being good enough for a mid table epl team myself but Is that the level of player we are comparing our players to? He’s every bit as crucial to this Rangers team As Alan Hutton was when he moved for 9m so I don’t understand why people are so quick to write him off he’s improving!

His attitude is spot on as a professional football player an if he was a shitebag he could have took the easy life an fucked off to the championship in England but says he has unfinished business at Rangers, that’ll do for me!

Alan Hutton was on a whole different level to Tavernier :lol: Guy was performing against the likes of Lyon, Barca and Stuttgart and not to mention the Tarriers. Tavernier struggles to play against the likes of Brandon Barker and Jordan Jones

8 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Alan Hutton was on a whole different level to Tavernier :lol: Guy was performing against the likes of Lyon, Barca and Stuttgart and not to mention the Tarriers. Tavernier struggles to play against the likes of Brandon Barker and Jordan Jones

I’m not comparing them as players more the influence then have on the team from the rb position, Btw Alan Hutton was fucking brutal when he broke into the Rangers team, ma ears were assaulted by my old boy every 2nd week cos eh him an low an behold he improved an spurs spunked 9m on him 

I can't say I'm happy with tav as the captain. He's been involved in all our recent failures and comments like being happy with a point didn't scream Rangers captain material to me. 

No one understands the importance of the captain's role better than Gerrard. He's made his choice with tav and I'll back him. 

1 hour ago, ronniescu said:

He shouldn't even be getting a game, never mind the captaincy. Seriously doubting Stevie G already.

I think what you know about football can be printed in the top corner of a postage stamp !!!

People losing their shit at the thought of tav as Captain and seriously suggesting that a player that had played all of 18 games at senior level for us be captain. Fucking lunacy in this place at times.

Tav gets some amount of stick on here it’s unreal. The guy may not be the best RB in the world but he is far from the worst and more often than not pulls us forward and gets us in the attacking third. We would have barely scored any goals the last couple of season if it wasn’t for his set up play and drive forward! I think he’s earned his shot 

7 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Struggles against anyone when defending . He just cant defend and he is well over rated as a player by many . Astonishingly

12 hours ago, TMB said:

I’d also add that it’s important to have two attack minded wingbacks otherwise we’ll end up with 5 across the back in Scottish football and we don’t want that.  We need guys who want to get forward in those wide areas.  

During Izaguirre’s debut season he won Scotland’s POTY because he was attacking constantly - It didn’t matter than he couldn’t defend.  If we can get things right at the back and through the middle I see no reason why Tavernier can’t have that same level of impact for us as an attacking wingback.  Games in which we need a bit more defensively Flanagan is now an option as Gerrard stated very recently we won’t be gung-ho all the time.

3 at the back is your new Vuckic.

All about opinions and I know some are not Tav fans, I however like what he brings to the table and for me he has been our player of the year the last 3 seasons.

Totally get why Stevie G has picked him with his work ethic, attitude and desire to work for the team. Personally I like to see someone a little more vocal on the field but in today's game guys should be inspired by a team mate who runs non stop and also has the ability to match that stamina.

2 hours ago, livibear101 said:

Tav gets some amount of stick on here it’s unreal. The guy may not be the best RB in the world but he is far from the worst and more often than not pulls us forward and gets us in the attacking third. We would have barely scored any goals the last couple of season if it wasn’t for his set up play and drive forward! I think he’s earned his shot 

Ach well since he's not the worst right back in the world we should all just ignore his deficiencies 

2 hours ago, Amokachi said:

Performances aside I’ve watched Tav appear to physically & mentally wilt when things went wrong on the pitch.  

He’s going to seriously improve his standards for this to work.  

Hope for the best. 

He was a absolute disgrace in the 5-0 hammering we took at Scumdome

I'm sure you will have the usual suspects saying " ah but they were all a disgrace

When the goals were flying in . I watched him and it was like a Sunday league kick about for him .

He should never have played again for us after the 1-5 mauling we took at Ibrox . Then history repeats itself last year . This time he is Captain and he was worse than most of the others  

In the glory days . This player would be no where near Ibrox

We seemed to have few real choices for Captain and I expected it to be the keeper but I'll trust the manager here. I like Tav despite some poor performances last year and now our defence looks a bit solid I hope he can show on the park why he's the right choice for Captain. 

I would have gone with Arfield but I don't think he has any history of captaincy and I've no idea how the team interact in the dressing room or away from the pitch. He does seem to have been doing a lot of organising and encouraging during the game last night though and seems to have bonded well with a lot of the players around him.

I think I'm developing a bit of a thing for him already though, so I maybe best just having a lie down and cooling off.