Tav captain?

Hopefully not.Said it before he is a defender that can’t defend.Anyone who witnessed his performances as captain last season would have grave reservations about this.He doesn’t inspire or motivate players when the going gets tough and usually is found wanting in these circumstances himself.

I’m a huge fan of Tavernier so happy at this news (if true).  If we do go with three CBs and attacking wing-backs this could be a really big opportunity for him to shine.  He could turn out to be one of our best players this season.  

3 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Do you think every time you peddle this joke I’m going to say I’m wrong? Idiot.

No I’m looking forward to the day you admit it, I do hope the constant reminder speeds it up though. 

genuinely cant believe this.  in fact im shocked that gerrard thinks this loonball is of a standard to be captain.  however captain issues aside this has massive alarm bells ringing now for me regards gerrards ability as a manager.  this is a guy who genuinely accepts 3rd place as a great achievement.

genuinely getting a tad concerned now whether gerrard knows what he has let himself in for and the standards we accept

5 minutes ago, Siwel said:

I doubt he was tbh, anything to back it up?

do  i really need to go and hunt down his aftermatch intervew where he said he was delighted with a point away to aberdeen in may??  a point that effectively cost us 2nd place??

still each to their own.  if you think this guy has the winning mentality to be a genuine Rangers captain then fair enough.  we all have our own opinions.  i dont think he should be near a team challenging for the title let alone the captain.  you think otherwise.

2 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

do  i really need to go and hunt down his aftermatch intervew where he said he was delighted with a point away to aberdeen in may??  a point that effectively cost us 2nd place??

still each to their own.  if you think this guy has the winning mentality to be a genuine Rangers captain then fair enough.  we all have our own opinions.  i dont think he should be near a team challenging for the title let alone the captain.  you think otherwise.

So he said he was happy with a point which is shite but he didn’t say he was happy with third?

Just now, Siwel said:

So he said he was happy with a point which is shite but he didn’t say he was happy with third?

he was delighted with a point that guaranteed 3rd.  i remember Rangers captains and many more players who would have been livid at dropping points at pittodrie, especially so late in the season with 2nd place a possibility.  said numerous times shows how much times have changed and how much we accpet mediocrity.

3 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

he was delighted with a point that guaranteed 3rd.  i remember Rangers captains and many more players who would have been livid at dropping points at pittodrie, especially so late in the season with 2nd place a possibility.  said numerous times shows how much times have changed and how much we accpet mediocrity.

It didn’t guarantee us 3rd, it wasn’t that one result that cost us second it was our home form and Russel Martin more than anything. 

Just now, Siwel said:

It didn’t guarantee us 3rd, it wasn’t that one result that cost us second it was our home form and Russel Martin more than anything. 

yes your correct regards our home form all season, however the whole season literally came down to that game vs the sheep for 2nd place.  IF we had won i think it would have needed a 10 goal swing to give them 2nd IF we won up there??  so by drawing it effectively gave them 2nd.