Glenn Middleton

9 hours ago, danger ranger said:

Was there anything else I might have missed, we Rangers fans need to look at the big picture instead of getting excited about cameo performances.

Did he not drive them back, cause fear in their defence, get into box and unsettle and panic them, lift his team mates and support, stand out more than players who has been in the full game???

No issues with you looking at the bigger picture. But on a thread about this kid it's fair to give a praising assessment than minimise it as he won 3 corners. 

Almost like you don't want to be in any way positive. Well done.

I’m simply heartened to seeing an 18yr old taking the field in a Rangers strip who at the very least looks physically ready for first team action.  

Not only making his presence felt on the pitch but setting an example to the rest of the youths what can be done   

Then watching the press conf afterwards coming across the way a young Ranger should.  

Good vibes all round.  

Don't want to get carried away with this lad but I expect him to push for a starting place in the team. I know he has only had minimal game time but sometimes you can just see he has something about him. Confident in his ability and determind to make a diference. A great attitude to have.  Windass especially and Murphy will be looking over their shoulder and have to up their game. 

4 hours ago, stevemac said:

And that's why Rooney was burnt out at 30.

Michael Owen was the same. 

If he's anything decent we won't have him in 3 years nevermind 13.

If he improves our starting XI then play him.

13 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Did he not drive them back, cause fear in their defence, get into box and unsettle and panic them, lift his team mates and support, stand out more than players who has been in the full game???

No issues with you looking at the bigger picture. But on a thread about this kid it's fair to give a praising assessment than minimise it as he won 3 corners. 

Almost like you don't want to be in any way positive. Well done.

Mean while every successful team play as a team with no Billy whizzing, by the time he took to get by the player's their defence was already covering, Isco is a fabulous footballer, but in the world cup he too ran teams ragged to no avail and little end product, let's not get too carried away.

9 hours ago, danger ranger said:

Mean while every successful team play as a team with no Billy whizzing, by the time he took to get by the player's their defence was already covering, Isco is a fabulous footballer, but in the world cup he too ran teams ragged to no avail and little end product, let's not get too carried away.

If by Billy whizzing you mean fast direct players I think Mbappe might blow a hole in your successful team theory later today.

They were encamped in defence and midfield by the time he came on, of course their defence was there covering. But he penetrated and got into the box and to either by line or 6 yard box at least 3 times by directness, and caused them more problems in a short period of time than any other forward player.

If giving a kid a bit of praise is getting carried away then I'm all for it. You haven't given him an ounce of praise that I can see. That's nothing to do with standards or realism, it's just being negative where it's not required and where it's actually undeserved for the boy.

He done well in a short period of time. He looks promising. Hope he continues to progress. That's all.

17 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

If by Billy whizzing you mean fast direct players I think Mbappe might blow a hole in your successful team theory later today.

They were encamped in defence and midfield by the time he came on, of course their defence was there covering. But he penetrated and got into the box and to either by line or 6 yard box at least 3 times by directness, and caused them more problems in a short period of time than any other forward player.

If giving a kid a bit of praise is getting carried away then I'm all for it. You haven't given him an ounce of praise that I can see. That's nothing to do with standards or realism, it's just being negative where it's not required and where it's actually undeserved for the boy.

He done well in a short period of time. He looks promising. Hope he continues to progress. That's all.

I get all that, but we struggled again, against a shite team and the tie is not yet over and there is nothing Billy Wiz about Mbappe and further more the Croatian defence was criminal negligence in the final if not the full tournament.

They are comparing Mbappe to Pele now, ffs, Mbappe is an athlete, take away Mbappe's speed and he will be fucked and there is no way Middleton will be allowed the run of Ibrox YET.

6 hours ago, danger ranger said:

I get all that, but we struggled again, against a shite team and the tie is not yet over and there is nothing Billy Wiz about Mbappe and further more the Croatian defence was criminal negligence in the final if not the full tournament.

They are comparing Mbappe to Pele now, ffs, Mbappe is an athlete, take away Mbappe's speed and he will be fucked and there is no way Middleton will be allowed the run of Ibrox YET.

I actually don't know what point you're trying to make.

I think you believe fans are focussing on Middletons competitive debut rather than looking at the bigger issues we have. If so I get that, he's not going to be our saviour or the one who'll lead us to the title.

But I'll repeat, this particular thread is about him, not those other matters. He did well in the 15 mins he was on, and it's right to give him some credit. You've still not given him any praise, you've summarised it that he won 3 corners. Is that it for you, that's all he did?

6 hours ago, DC76 said:

Give the boy a chance ffs..we'd all like better but I say we give the boy time (an alien concept to some)?

Couple of poor touches this week and he will be labeled shite etc honestly hate how some of our fans jizz over players then a game later want them out the club coz they aren't good enough. Would love to see players given the chance to develop

7 minutes ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

Couple of poor touches this week and he will be labeled shite etc honestly hate how some of our fans jizz over players then a game later want them out the club coz they aren't good enough. Would love to see players given the chance to develop

This.

The lad looks a prospect. He is certainly an impact player. Whether he can cut the mustard over 90 mins remains to be seen. 

Time and time again young players are praised to the hilt, there is a clamour to throw them in the first team, they go off the boil, get crucified and become the whipping boy.

Charlie Adam springs to mind.

On 13/07/2018 at 12:17, Amac9 said:

Reminded me of Gregg Wylde...

I'm sure he played a game at Ibrox in Europe where he was really good. Head, down, running at defenders, direct and getting crosses in. Not sure if you were joking or not but there are a few similarities. From the little I've seen of Middleton though he seems a bit more composed/intelligent with regard to his final ball and also seems a bit tougher and resilient.

Middleton couldn't have done much more in his little cameos so he absolutely deserves praise. Long way to go though. Hopefully he can push on.

3 hours ago, beararse said:

This.

The lad looks a prospect. He is certainly an impact player can cut the mustard over 90 mins remains to be seen.

Time and time again young players are praised to the hilt, there is a clamour to throw them in the first team, they go off the boil, get crucified and become the whipping boy.

Charlie Adam springs to mind.

Well we sure as hell know windass can't so may as well give the boy a chance.