*****Official Rangers vs Shkupi match thread*****

Place : Ibrox Stadium.
Time: 19.45, Thursday 12th July 2018.
Available on BT Sport 1 in UHD and in 3D reality at Ibrox.

So who are Shkupi? They play in the Macedonian first division and came 4th last season, a whole 40 points behind the winners. This is their European debut.Their star player and their best chance of scoring is in  experienced Macedonian international striker Blazhe Ilijoski. Try saying that after 10 beers. He scored  12 goals in 17 starts last season so is no slouch. Our star player and hopefully captain for the night is of course Andy Halliday.

This will be Steven Gerrard's first competitive game as Rangers manager and there may be competitive debuts for Allan McGregor , Connor Goldson, Nikola Katic, Scott Arfield, Jon Flanagan, Lassana Coulibaly, Umar Sadiq, and Ovie Ejaria.The usua duo of midfielders aren't available for selection as they are made of glass and Alves will never kick a ball for us again. Otherwise we have a full squad to pick from.

Ibrox will be a full house of prods as Shkupi aren't bringing any supporters. The Union Bears can rest at ease as their supporters are known for stealing opposition banners (they shat it). We are likely to play a pressing  4-3-3 formation and go for a good few goals whilst keeping a clean sheet.

The bookies have the Queen's XI to win at odds of 1/14, a draw is 11-1 and an away win is 30-1 (apparently BP9 has 50 quid on them). Should be an easy win for the Sons of William on the glorious 12th but we shouldn't take anything for granted. A scoreline of 3-0 or above should set us up well for the away leg. As Stevie - G would say 'Let's go!'

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think a starting 11 will be tricky to predict as most players from what I saw put in a pretty decent shift. Interesting to see the change in the central area but I thought it worked well and the inter changing was effective.....think we will go :-

Shagger

Tav, Goldson, Katic, John

McCrorie

Candeias, Arfield, Murphy

Windass

Morelos 

Of all of them I thought Windass was the least effective the other night but think he will get the nod due to his quality and goal threat but I much prefer Murphy behind the striker.

Will be interesting to see if the young lad Middleton has propelled himself forward with a wee chance as he looked a real danger.

Can see a controlled performance coming up and a solid victory for the team. 2-0 for the teddy bears.

2 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Our star player and hopefully captain for the night is of course Andy Halliday.

I think we'll win fairly comfortably, but surely there's something the matter with that article - maybe captain of the UB. 

WATP 

Archived