*****Official Rangers vs Shkupi match thread*****

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Have the 2 new boys been given their clearance yet?

As of yesterday they didn't have clearance, I doubt it'll come through in time for them to play tonight i'm assuming Gerrard has already got his game plan setup etc no point changing it IMO

36 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

I've a feeling it could be lambs to the slaughter myself mate ?

something tells me Gerrard is going to put a wee marker down tonight. 

He said in the press conference the team talk for tonight is to show the headlines from the Progres result and images of our players sad faces, fan reaction etc... ( or something to that effect).

40 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Superb mate haha, you’ll be crashed out for days after tonight! I’ll be there.

I'll be crashed out until the two remaining games are played at least, but they are an earlier kick-off for me, so I should be able to get to bed around 3:00 am. Enjoy the game, mate, and hope we get a few goals up our sleeve for the return in Macedonia. Give the vocal chords pelters. :rangers:

2 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

He said in the press conference the team talk for tonight is to show the headlines from the Progres result and images of our players sad faces, fan reaction etc... ( or something to that effect).

aye seen that. said it would be his easiest team talk he will ever do. 

Whilst I am enjoying the new found optimism amongst many, as the perennial glass half empty guy, I am a wee bit worried that this mob will try to brick up their goal tonight and do anything they can to spoil the game. Cliché alert, we should all know by now that the days of gubbing so called minnows into double figures over the two legs are gone.

Let us just get the win, get through the tie and continue to prepare for the upcoming season in a positive frame of mind.

Anybody know if either of the two new boys got their international clearance in time for this tonight? Pretty sure the clearance had to come in 24hrs before kick off in order to register them as wild cards. I don't expect either to start but it would be nice to see what they're capable of in a wee run out at some point off the bench.

Edit - Just read the previous page and it seems they haven't been cleared.

Edit 2 -  Yep not in squad as per STV News 15 mins ago. https://stv.tv/sport/football/1422860-sadiq-and-coulibaly-not-in-Rangers-squad-to-face-shkupi/

Archived