*****Official Rangers vs Shkupi match thread*****

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

I’d be surprised if the starting lineup was any different to last Friday.

I think it may be a very similar lineup which I'd be happy with. After last year's shambles it's imperative we win by at least 2 goals considering the opposition.

Looking forward to it.

Think it has to be as per last week.

McGregor

Tav Goldson Katic Flan

Candeias McCrorie Arfield

Windass Morelos Murphy 

Thought it was interesting he played Candeias on the right side of a central midfield 3, and Windass more as a right winger / inside forward. Don’t think it worked particularly well. Neither were good, but Windass was particularly bad. 

Think Candeias, Windass, Murphy, Morelos will all be under pressure to perform with potential new recruits coming in for these type of positions. 

For the sake of continuity and pushing on, I'd be happy to see the same team that started against Bury playing again on Thursday night even if we still need some top additions to the XI.

59 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Looking forward to it.

Think it has to be as per last week.

McGregor

Tav Goldson Katic Flan

Candeias McCrorie Arfield

Windass Morelos Murphy 

Thought it was interesting he played Candeias on the right side of a central midfield 3, and Windass more as a right winger / inside forward. Don’t think it worked particularly well. Neither were good, but Windass was particularly bad. 

Think Candeias, Windass, Murphy, Morelos will all be under pressure to perform with potential new recruits coming in for these type of positions. 

Seriously? What did candeias do wrong on Friday? 

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

I sincerely hope we dont get a "Rangers sckuppered by Sckupi" headline.

No dodgy Mexican bullshitter powerpointing us going into this tie. A comfortable and professional performance. The tie as good as done come full time on the 12th.. 5 nil for Rangers.

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Nothing particularly. Just didn’t think it worked very well with him more centrally.

Why though? Surely you can't just think that. Was he positionally poor, did he not track his man? 

Trying to accommodate Windass seems like a right pain.  He's being dropped in to positions he can't play.  Even when played as a CAM last season, arguably his best position, he was still a man down for the most part.  

3 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

No dodgy Mexican bullshitter powerpointing us going into this tie. A comfortable and professional performance. The tie as good as done come full time on the 12th.. 5 nil for Rangers.

One of the main culprits against Progres was Josh Windass.  Everything was going well until he came on.  Failed to stop the cross which resulted in the first goal and gave away a needless free-kick that resulted in the second.  

Just now, TMB said:

One of the main culprits against Progres was Josh Windass.  Everything was going well until he came on.  Failed to stop the cross which resulted in the first goal and gave away a needless free-kick that resulted in the second.  

I've let that go. It's better for me if I do that. Try it..:thumbup:

36 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Why though? Surely you can't just think that. Was he positionally poor, did he not track his man? 

Seemed a bit lost tbh. It’s obviously a new role for him, but he couldn't really use his best asset (delivering from wide areas) and just didn’t really seem to fit in there. Isn’t a box to box midfielder, not really defensive minded to sit and not creative enough to play further forward. Just not sure what his role is in there? 

He wasn’t bad, but compared with Arfield and McCrorie he really didn’t standout. Think he’ll be a stop gap in the central 3 (if that’s how we line up going forward). 

I like him as well, just not sure where he fits in the new SG style 433 or if he has enough quality moving forward. He’d get found out in there against better players IMO. 

14 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I don't get the fascination with Candeias as a central midfielder, played it once in the league and was the worst player on the park

I'd have Candeias pushed up on to that right wing.  His ability to put dangerous balls in the box made him one of the most creative players in the league last season.  Cabdeias, Morelos, and Murphy as the front three showed a lot of promise last season.  

It's real shame Dorrans got injured.  Him and Arfield either side of a CDM would be a very good midfield three.  

Archived