*****Official Rangers vs Shkupi match thread*****

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, gogzy said:

I'd start Middleton on Tuesday.  

Will the new loan guys be able to play, are we not allowed to register two wildcards?

Honestly not sure we should take the risk, the players tonight looked rusty and were tiring, even after that 10 day training camp.

7 minutes ago, Boaby Bear said:

Morelos windass tav need punted pronto and replaced with better quality. 

THIS!

All day long, but ffs, don't tell their fan club.

The three biggest losers we have.

Tav, thinks he's a player, Morelos thinks he's a great player and Winderse thinks he's still at school. You couldn't make even a decent shite out of the three of them.

Tav's our Captain. Can't think of anything more embarassing. Just handed another title to the tranny shagger.

Meanwhile the spoonburners lay waste to even better shite than the shite we are playing.

4 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Early doors but to say we are miles better is stretching it EJ , we are winnin fuck all if thats the standard we are playing at.

Can only hope we get better........

Were you there last year mate ? 

It really is miles better than the Progrres game 

We missed chances so it's clear where the poor areas are for me 

You are right about your last point though 

Shite if I’m honest and the same donkeys that missed big chances under previous managers keep missing them

hard to Judge given there lack of action but Goldson and Katic look decent with katics age making him very eager 

Flanagan looks solid but he needs games 

1 minute ago, Laudrup1984 said:

That was okay. A long long way to go but 2 goals, clean sheet, some decent performances. Certainly a better start than last year. Also, that team were pretty decent on the ball.

Something to build on........

The thing is almost every team we play in euro competition will look good on the ball. EVERY league except ours encourages passing and holding on to the ball. It's up to us to combat that. Had we taken our 1st half chances it could've been a cricket score. We desperately need to find a way to score the chances we create.

2 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Middleton just keeps digging in. None of this giving up when he gets tackled. And he looks to have a good bit of ability. Loves to beat a man and get to the bye line. This boy deserves to be given his chance. I'm sure the manager sees it and he will get more and more game time

Agreed, looks powerful, got pace and is not easy to be brought down. We better tie him up to a long contract asap. 

Not good enough. Poor start to the season. If Windass is playing he needs to be playing centrally, I don't think Flanagan works at left back, it completely limits what we can do down the left given that he's right footed. Morelos isn't good enough to be our striker, far too wasteful and we are dearly lacking quality in the front 3. Murphy is probably fine but striker and RW needs improved. McCrorie is very good at getting stuck in and winning the ball back but he needs more quality on the ball, people saying he'd be picked ahead of Coulibally and Rossiter are wrong imo. 

Ejaria and Middleton looked good when they came on. Goldson looks a top player

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

THIS!

All day long, but ffs, don't tell their fan club.

The three biggest losers we have.

Tav, thinks he's a player, Morelos thinks he's a great player and Winderse thinks he's still at school. You couldn't make even a decent shite out of the three of them.

Tav's our Captain. Can't think of anything more embarassing. Just handed another title to the tranny shagger.

Meanwhile the spoonburners lay waste to even better shite than the shite we are playing.

Three of them are fuckin terrible and if they are kept in the side we will see exactly the same shite as last year.

3 minutes ago, EMRFC said:

Middleton and Ejara in for next week surely 

Middleton no. Looked lively as he did against Bury but always easier coming on when legs are tired. I like the look of him but Aird was brilliant on his first outing as was Walsh. Lets bed this boy in gently.

Ejaria possibly. All depends on the knock Arfield took tonight. Same as Middleton he came on against tired players. Definitely looked tidy. Should have had a penalty and that bit of play between him and Middleton at the end of the game was a joy to watch. Would have made some goal. If Arfield is injured I would start Ejaria over Jack but if fit then Arfield gets the nod for me.

Also I'm growing in to the fact Tav is our captain now. I think he is growing in to is as well. Gerrards reasoning in the pre-match interview also gave us a clearer picture of Tav's standing amongst the dressing room.

Just now, eejay the dj said:

I wouldn’t say so the home game we dominated against progress with umpteen missed chances 

2 minutes ago, GlasgowRangers1983 said:

Disagree mate I thought he had a great match as defensive midfielder. Broke up play and protected the back line well.

He didn't play too badly, but I think we will see the difference with a player who's natural position is defensive midfield, rather than someone shoe horned in there. 

We had about 75% possesion and must have had about 15 shots at goal.

It's not as bad as the progress game.

There are definite positives to take from tonight,  we played some cracking football in the first half.

3 minutes ago, GlasgowRangers1983 said:

Disagree mate I thought he had a great match as defensive midfielder. Broke up play and protected the back line well.

a defensive midfielder against a 4th ranked Macedonian outfit. i though he was a round peg in a square hole and is relying on his rangers history at the moment

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

You are right about your last point though 

You think that was good tonight ? God help us because we are not stopping the papes turning in performances like that.

The return should be interesting, they never really troubled us and sat in most of the first half, we lost the plot up front second half which disappoints me as I hoped Gerrard would see things to exploit.

They did have a go second half but we handled that ok.

Maybe if they give us more space up front we can nick an away goal or two.

Hope we get a better ref in the second leg who doesn't fall for their constant diving and play acting.   Also they got away with a lot of shirt pulling..... where's VAR when you need it?!

Archived