*****Official Rangers vs Shkupi match thread*****

3 minutes ago, Swagger said:

We are watching a one paced team that will be nowhere near celtic at the end of the season. 

We were watching a team who were playing they're first competitive game of the season under new management and with 6 new signings. I'd have taken 2-0 before the game.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Team needs to be balanced a lot better and that can come from playing either John or Middleton.

Windass was useless playing wide right and having two right footed players on the left nullifies any attack there. All our attacking play came from Candeias and Tav down the right in the first half.

Morelos looks totally shot of confidence in front of goal. Needs a bounce game where he can bang in 5 or 6 goals. 

Need a goal over there to go through as I think they have a couple of goals in them. 

Backline is fine if anything a bit too cautious which harms our attack. McCrorie, Flanagan and Tav should push further up.

Just heading home from the game and have a few observations.

Firstly Windass and Morelos need to be replaced asap. Just not good enough.

Secondly we need a real creative midfielder or 2 but Ejaria may be one. We are so laboured in midfield and everyone wants to play sideways or backwards. Nobody plays on the half turn.

Lastly and positively our defence seemed decent and Goldson looks solid albeit they were up against no real threat. Tav though is still so wasteful and weak in defence but he's our captain so we're stuck with him.

Some positives but a big improvement still required. 2 goals and a decent lead to take away.

5 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

People watched the game and windass & morelos were the worst players on the pitch.

They really weren't. Finishing wasn't great tonight but they were far from the worst players on the pitch FFS.

1 minute ago, BlueThunder said:

The Hivs score has been brought up a number of times tonight. WTF? When did it begin to matter what they do? And what the hell does it have to do with our performance? ?

I guess because we were both playing shite opposition and we're trying to gauge where we're at in comparison to them? 

2 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Quick question,  were you proud of last season?  

I knew someone would come away with that and was actually going to insert (in a non cougar way)  hahaha 

Knob;)  

Sorry ?

9 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Tav - Our right side last season lost the least amount of goals compared to down the left and through the middle.

Morelos - 2nd top goalscorer in the league last season.

Windass - 3rd top goalscorer in the league last season.

Honestly don't know what some people are watching.

You're obviously watchng netball.

Fucking donkeys. The scum will be creaming themselves if we keep those three .

14 minutes ago, Bears&Reds said:

Whoever told you Ovie is a ball winning midfielder has obviously never seen him play, he is the furtherest thing you will ever see from a ball winning midfielder, he is an attacking midfielder who is technically very good.

Yeah it was the first time I've seen him play and will now definitely no longer listening to my mate who claimed to have seen him play loads of times and described him a holding midfielder.  I liked the way he was positive in possession and can see him being a big player for us this season.  We need more creativity at times and I think he will add this to the team.

Lot of nerves and rust in this game. Looked pretty good at the back. Morelos looks like he’s thinking about his next dimebag to share with Windass. Ejaria and Middleton looked impressive. Just young boys though. Still, we should’ve scored more. That mob have to come out now to get a result. Think we will score over there no problem. 

*Ejaria. 

23 minutes ago, gogzy said:

He didn't impress me at all,  looked like he has a trick or two, but he always seems to want to turn away from goal.

The Center backs strolled it though, which makes a nice change.

Yea they did. 

And while he turned  away my opinion was that he was too quick  for our players.

He saw positions they weren't in... some passes too quick for them to control whilst other times they werent there, so he had to go back.

I could be way off the mark here. 

He just looked strong and not like other loanees we have had.

7 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Tav - Our right side last season lost the least amount of goals compared to down the left and through the middle.

Morelos - 2nd top goalscorer in the league last season.

Windass - 3rd top goalscorer in the league last season.

Honestly don't know what some people are watching.

Tav chasing the ball across the park and leaving right back exposed. They hit the bar by attacking down our right while Tav was playing right wing or something. He causes us defensive right sided problems time and time again. Maybe the stats show the goals we lose come from another area but I'll bet a good few of them started because we were being exposed on the right hand side.

Morelos missed at least 2 sitters in the 1st half. A main striker who can't head a ball. I like his pure effort but he's becoming indefensible.

Windass is just pish but did get into a position where he almost scored. I'd rather have someone more committed and creative like Middleton.

All 3 have got to improve.

4 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Quick question,  were you proud of last season?  

I knew someone would come away with that and was actually going to insert (in a non cougar way)  hahaha 

Knob;)  

? you missed a trick there stg, your comeback should have been.. "I'm only 19 myself" lol would still make you a cougar i guess

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

You're obviously watchng netball.

Fucking donkeys. The scum will be creaming themselves if we keep those three .

My thoughts exactly mate . These 3 should be no where near our club . Yet we are going to start the season with them .

SG is gambling big time with these 3 losers IMO

Archived