*****Official Rangers vs Shkupi match thread*****

Not that impressive tonight tbh.

Especially Morelos who looks no different to the turgid shite he produced for the second half of last season.

He's useless at heading the ball, His first touch is unbelievably poor and his reaction speed is pathetic. Needs to get his head clear and his finger out his arse pronto.

Hopefully this makes certain that the board sanction the new striker we all know we need.

Despite all that, I think we'll win comfortably on Tuesday as Shkupi will have to come out and play.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disappointing is how I'd describe that performance, with the amount of possession we had we should have scored far more. I've never wanted to criticise Morelos but tonight showed he's not the striker  we need. Hopefully we get clearance to play the two African guys before Tuesday. Ejaria and Middleton were the biggest plus points. Our two centre halfs and Flanagan look pretty safe so happy that we're getting the defence sorted out. 

4 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

They really weren't. Finishing wasn't great tonight but they were far from the worst players on the pitch FFS.

Really who where worse than them?? Finishing is there job and they failed miserably tonight.

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

You're obviously watchng netball.

Fucking donkeys. The scum will be creaming themselves if we keep those three .

Our problems last season mainly lay in the amount of goals we conceded. Obviously you defend as a team so the CBs are not solely to blame but to pick two attackers (who as I said done their job last season by putting the ball in the back of the net) as 2 of 3 of the worst players in our team clearly doesn't make sense.

We scored more than any other team in the league last season. Why not criticise our weakest area? Is that not logical?

21 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

You think that was good tonight ? God help us because we are not stopping the papes turning in performances like that.

Read my post bud. I never once said we were good . I said on a positive it was better than last year . That was all

Few good performers plus the exact same performances from the 3 amigos . Miss after miss after powder  puff miss

Just now, Jamie0202 said:

Our problems last season mainly lay in the amount of goals we conceded. Obviously you defend as a team so the CBs are not solely to blame but to pick two attackers (who as I said done their job last season by putting the ball in the back of the net) as 2 of 3 of the worst players in our team clearly doesn't make sense.

We scored more than any other team in the league last season. Why not criticise our weakest area? Is that not logical?

How many sitters did morelos miss against them but? He simply is not good enough.

1 minute ago, bobbyorr said:

I think once his fitness levels are better Ejaria will start most games for us. As will Rossiter  None of the starting midfield tonight will be regular starters I think

Arfield almost certainly will. 

Just back from the game. Positives...we won !! Thought Goldson looks good and McGregor is our best goalkeeper and more confident. We missed a few chances in the first half and we were fuckin awful in the second half. We badly need creativity pace and a decent striker. 

5 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Easily answered. Obviously not but that really isn't what I was saying is it?

You're cheerleading 3 imposters.  

Occasional good turns doesn't hide how bad they really are. Last season was horrendous regardless of their personal results and they aren't looking remarkably improved which is what we really want to see.  You can't deny this surely?  

8 minutes ago, bennybongo said:

I guess because we were both playing shite opposition and we're trying to gauge where we're at in comparison to them? 

We aren’t playing the same team. It is a ridiculous comparison IMO. And even if it was valid, what does it mean? Hibs are sharper after 1 match? ?

Just back home. Lovely night for football eh? Brilliant display and atmosphere at the start.

I thought there was an improvement on last year except for the shit leftover from last year. Morales, Windass and Tav can go anytime, just not good enough.  My motm was McCrorie.

20180712_193954.jpg

10 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

The Hivs score has been brought up a number of times tonight. WTF? When did it begin to matter what they do? And what the hell does it have to do with our performance? ?

That comes when morons start making excuses for our shite performance, mainly from the same three fuckng donkeys we carried over from last season.

Someone must have forgot to tell the spoonburners it's too early yet.

I can also remember part timers who fucked us, not so long ago.

Aye, but!!!!

13 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

The Hivs score has been brought up a number of times tonight. WTF? When did it begin to matter what they do? And what the hell does it have to do with our performance? ?

Exactly. Why are there so many pussies so concerned about what other teams are doing. Also saw some posts along the lines of 'the scum will be loving this'. Fuck them and who cares! New team, decent result. We have to build and improve on tonight. It's all about the Rangers, no one else!

5 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Tav chasing the ball across the park and leaving right back exposed. They hit the bar by attacking down our right while Tav was playing right wing or something. He causes us defensive right sided problems time and time again. Maybe the stats show the goals we lose come from another area but I'll bet a good few of them started because we were being exposed on the right hand side.

Morelos missed at least 2 sitters in the 1st half. A main striker who can't head a ball. I like his pure effort but he's becoming indefensible.

Windass is just pish but did get into a position where he almost scored. I'd rather have someone more committed and creative like Middleton.

All 3 have got to improve.

The full team need to improve and yes our attackers need to be more clinical. Early doors though.

Middleton looked good but I've only seen him off the bench twice now - against tired legs. Hopefully he pushes on this season but I've seen this with numerous young players, Aird and Walsh coming to mind. Time will tell as it's early doors for him as well.

Archived