*****Official Rangers vs Shkupi match thread*****

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Exactly. Why are there so many pussies so concerned about what other teams are doing. Also saw some posts along the lines of 'the scum will be loving this'. Fuck them and who cares! New team, decent result. We have to build and improve on tonight. It's all about the Rangers, no one else!

What a load of pish uber staunch man.

21 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

People watched the game and windass & morelos were the worst players on the pitch.

Windass was shite again and Morelos not far behind IMO. 

I cannot see them being starters or we are in trouble. 

About what I expected for first competitive game. None of the signings shouted out quality and whilst a clean sheet that mob hardly bothered attacking when they had the ball. Return leg should be a good test and showcase the mental strength that Gerrard has hopefully instilled in them. Liked the comments from him just before the game about the players deserving to keep the jerseys after the bury game. 

1 minute ago, Jamie0202 said:

The full team need to improve and yes our attackers need to be more clinical. Early doors though.

Middleton looked good but I've only seen him off the bench twice now - against tired legs. Hopefully he pushes on this season but I've seen this with numerous young players, Aird and Walsh coming to mind. Time will tell as it's early doors for him as well.

He’s fuckin light years ahead of Aird or Walsh.

11 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

? you missed a trick there stg, your comeback should have been.. "I'm only 19 myself" lol would still make you a cougar i guess

I know,  I know,  but since I am open about my 41 years of age and have posted pictures of my wrinkles in the forum,  I wouldn't get away with it haha 

I'm always missing tricks :lol:

It still baffles me that successive managers now refuse to actively go and attack teams using an attack minded formation. Why we need to end up with Jack and McCrorie as defensive midfielders against minnows like this lot at Ibrox is beyond me. Look what happens when you put a seriously attack minded player like Middletion on. We need to start pushing teams back and not try & counter attack. Also, an ounce of footballing ability wouldn't go a miss either. Too many passes or crosses into no one. Morelos and WIndass just run into folk like Sterling does. 

10 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Really who where worse than them?? Finishing is there job and they failed miserably tonight.

Hard to single anyone out. It was a completely expected mediocre early season performance from the entire team. 2-0 is a decent scoreline to take away. Lets not get carried away with what we watched tonight.

2 minutes ago, backup said:

very poor despite the win, a total lack of invention or indeed any sign of a play maker, most disappointed and wondering about when we meet real opposition.

I believe we have a manager who isn't as daft as some of our most recent men in charge and will actually see where our problems lie and sort them out. Tonight we walked that fine line between success and failure AGAIN. Had we taken our chances 1st half we would all be singing a different song. Games like this will show if the manager is able to hack it.

2 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

SG saw it tonight. I’m sure he will be noting what action needs to be taken now. This should’ve been a win by 5 or 6. 

Thought that myself when he took Windass off , you can only close your eyes so many times watching strikers like Windass and Morelos.

9 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

How many sitters did morelos miss against them but? He simply is not good enough.

I don't know mate. Is there an exact number.

If we're saying absolute sitters (not chances) I only really remember the shot which hit the post so one. He had a couple of headed chances in a few games but I wouldn't call them sitters.

Only what I remember. There's probably a glaring miss I've er missed so please refresh my memory.

3 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Emm, they don't have the same three donkeys we have?!

I’m sorry, but I really can’t see the logic in pointing to their score as if it matters in the slightest. Should we buy the Hivs team, is that what folk are suggesting? ?

10 minutes ago, RDFM said:

Arfield almost certainly will. 

im not sure, I was thinking Rossiter, Coulibally and Ejaria will be the top 3 if everyone is fit.  Arfield being the next up for sure.  The boss made the point that Rossiter was showing up the best in Spain until the ankle knock.   And his description of Coulibally suggests that he will be the anchor in the middle of our midfield.  

5 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:
6 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Exactly. Why are there so many pussies so concerned about what other teams are doing. Also saw some posts along the lines of 'the scum will be loving this'. Fuck them and who cares! New team, decent result. We have to build and improve on tonight. It's all about the Rangers, no one else!

What a load of pish uber staunch man.

uber staunch man

image.png.91c1243a077e12550b0c47e2e706e959.png:lol::lol:image.png.91c1243a077e12550b0c47e2e706e959.pngimage.png.91c1243a077e12550b0c47e2e706e959.png

fuck off

9 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

We aren’t playing the same team. It is a ridiculous comparison IMO. And even if it was valid, what does it mean? Hibs are sharper after 1 match? ?

You're right of course, but I think that's what the Hibs stuff was about. I'm more interested in gauging how shite our opponents were. Pretty awful I'd say. Slow as a week in the jail with one of the worst goalkeepers I've ever seen. Totally disorganised at the back. They'd be vulnerable to crosses if we had someone good in the air. 

Archived