*****Official Rangers vs Shkupi match thread*****

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

You're cheerleading 3 imposters.  

Occasional good turns doesn't hide how bad they really are. Last season was horrendous regardless of their personal results and they aren't looking remarkably improved which is what we really want to see.  You can't deny this surely?  

Not cheerleading. Who mentioned turns??? Yes last season was horrendous but they clearly weren't the weak part of the team. Nobody is looking improved since this is the first competitive game of the season under a new manager. Technically still pre-season so I really don't know what people are expecting. What part is it you want me to deny?

Hopefully the board learn from their mistakes after our last European outing.

Midfield to front we are absolutely horrendous. Not helped by the substitutions - Jack and McCrorie in a 3 man midfield is mind boggling. 

Only to be trumped by leaving Windass on for so long. I honestly hope that clown never puts on a Rangers jersey again.

Major investment is still needed and hopefully Gerrard learns from his mistakes. Also, fingers crossed for these two new loanees. Can't be any worse than what we have. 

I'd like to think that's the worst we'll play at ibrox this season. We were quite pedestrian at times but they were deliberately trying to break up play and slow the game. Coulda had another 2 penalties aswell. 

6 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Flanagan would tackle his granny but is lacking match sharpness. Katic and Goldson are solid, like the look of Arfield and Murphy. 

Don’t know what Ejaria people were watching, thought he wasn’t any good. 

Middleton to start next week. 

Thought Ejaria and Middleton were both good. Not sure we need to start any of them next week. We only need to stop that mob from scoring. If we need goals yes, by all means get them on. They have to open up against us now. 

McGregor - not tested

Tav - our best attacker

Flannigan - not a left back - change to right back and move Tav forward which would also strengthen the defense

Goldson - again not tested

Katic - again not tested

McCrorie - defensive mid fielder only

Arfield - fair game but to slow for attacking mid fielder

Windass - should have done better with a couple of headers (at least he was there)

Candeias - crossing could be better but a hard worker

Morelos - absolute pish

Murphy - not productive enough

Liked the 3 subs

one other criticism there seemed to be no plans for taking/attacking corner kicks

20 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Hard to single anyone out. It was a completely expected mediocre early season performance from the entire team. 2-0 is a decent scoreline to take away. Lets not get carried away with what we watched tonight.

Completley expected? F off mate you seen what happend last season at this stage! no danger should we be expecting that performance.  

3 minutes ago, rangersross said:

I thought Ejaria looked excellent. Not in the typical EPL youngster way (lots of tricks but no substance) - but quick, decisive in the pass, and covering a lot of ground. 

Looked half decent. Wanted the ball and did a few runs at them. He did have me shouting a bit of abuse at him when he did one of those step over flick showboat passes when we should have been giving 100% to get a goal. Should've won a penalty. Looks promising though.

Couldn’t watch the game but seeing some of the comments on here it doesn’t sound great. Just wondering how much we can put down to not being match fit? Did it have a bit of a pre season game feel to it? Hopefully we kick on from this and it’s sounds as if our defence was solid enough  without being properly tested, so at least there’s one of last seasons biggest problems hopefully improved. If we can get him I think harry Wilson would be massive for us creativity wise aswell.

4 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

I can’t help thinking we’ve just seen Oduwa 2.0 tonight. Giving a young boy on loan the number 10 jersey again I don’t think helps, although to be fair we’ve never had one of those iconic number 10s that a lot of teams have.

Don’t think he’s like Oduwa. Was running about all over the pitch trying to get on the ball and making quick, accurate passes. Oduwa would just pick it up in the channel, do some sort of stepover, then lose the ball. 

In a mad way I think us struggling tonight will do us good.

Cunts were getting far too carried away after Bury. We are in desperate need of someone who can pick passes and unlock defences. Whether Ejaria is that one I’d need to see more, certainty looked like he has good feet. Was far too deep at times tho.

Middleton did more than 15 mins than most. Windass we know can’t play out wide and Candieas can’t play centre mid. If Stevie G doesn’t sus this out sooner than later then alarm bells will ring.

3 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Completley expected? F off mate you seen what happend last season at this stage! no danger should we be expecting that performance.  

You're new to football aren't you? It's only July under a new management team. We were reasonably comfortable tonight in a period of the season which should still be classed as pre-season. Been here before under far better Rangers teams than this so yes it was completely expected.

4 hours ago, psb07158 said:

My bro in law pulled out so I’ve got his season ticket spare for tonight 

Leaving for Ibrox shortly hopefully still a few bears wanting one 

By the time I had posted that I actually walked around the corner and there was another 15 or so doing the same.

Never seen demand for tickets like that even outside away games before.

5 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

You're new to football aren't you? It's only July under a new management team. We were reasonably comfortable tonight in a period of the season which should still be classed as pre-season. Been here before under far better Rangers teams than this so yes it was completely expected.

You seem new to football if you think windass & morelos weren't our two worst players tonight.    

McGregor -Nothing to do.

Tav - Energetic going forward as always

Flannigan - Solid and aggressive. Did well.

Goldson - Comfortable. Looked solid. Crap distribution at times.

Katic - Comfortable. Looked solid

McCrorie - Quite clever. Did some good, aggressive destructive work

Arfield - Poor. Stray passes and didn't contribute much

Windass - Got into great positions but lacked quality to take advantage of them

Candeias - Tried to be energetic and combative but didn't really succeed. Offered little in a forward going sense.

Morelos - Too slow in the box. Didn't offer himself enough. Was taking up the wrong positions at times. The offside at the start of the second half was lazy and negligent as fuck, learn to pay fucking attention!!!

Murphy - Quite dangerous and our best forward

Ejaria - Looked quite creative and technically good.

Middleton - Direct, fast, aggressive and confident. Hopefully can demonstrate consistent good decision making and end product in the future on top of that.

Jack -  Not of the required quality. Touch lets him down too often.

Need to get some of the new midfield/forward players up and running and get Windass, Jack and so on further from the starting 11. Early days to make too many conclusions. Can't be anywhere near the required fitness. Decent result in the circumstances, but much to do to look like a capable outfit.

Not overly impressed in all honesty  very frustrating and no different to previous managers but it’s early days and they might click into stride but we need to do better but I said before the game 2-0 will do me and that’s fine 

Just back in from the game, bit pish tbh, early season stuff so  I'm not going into meltdown just yet, I've plenty of concerns for the season ahead but hoping we improve as we go, looking a bit more solid at the back but our forward line couldn't hit a cow on the arse with a banjo at times, decent team will hand us our arse right now. 

1 hour ago, Swagger said:

We are watching a one paced team that will be nowhere near celtic at the end of the season. 

Jesus fuck. should we no wait till the start of the season before we start talking about the end season?

It's our 1st competative match, transfer windows no closed yet, still to see some of our new signings in action, didn't play well and still won 2-0.

And in your eyes the taigs have got the league wrapped up already. :duh:

Archived