*****Official Rangers vs Shkupi match thread*****

I'm certain that the rest of Scotland will be watching in the hope he fucks up like Pedro managed last season.

For this reason alone in would love for Gerrard to get his team to lay down a marker and put in a top notch performance and a very convincing the win.

Can't see that happening so early in the season so I guess any win will do as long as we don't concede. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Amac9 said:

That's what I fancy. 

People predicting 4 or 5 nil wins never seem to occur in these games. We have played one proper pre season game against a poor Bury side so the player's are nowhere near up to full speed yet.

Of course it would be nice to score 4 or 5 but like you said we’re not going to be at full fitness after just one pre season game and these games are never as easy as they look on paper. A win, decent run out for the lads to get the match fitness up and not conceding an away goal would be spot on. 

11 minutes ago, sRcFoCt said:

Listening to steven Gerrard saying they're not looking for players that have been "round the block" thats encouraging to hear.

Strange thing to say when you've just signed a 36 year old goalkeeper. Nothing wrong with a bit of experience in the team imo, as long as it's not just a player looking for a kick-about and a pension top-up.

Ive taken us to score 5+ goals tonight. I know its early days but given the occasion and the fact they really are utter shite, I fancy a large and convincing win. A statement almost. I dont expect us to take our foot off the gas and the tie will be finished tonight. 

9 minutes ago, FSM said:

Strange thing to say when you've just signed a 36 year old goalkeeper. Nothing wrong with a bit of experience in the team imo, as long as it's not just a player looking for a kick-about and a pension top-up.

That's what he has basically said I think it was a reference to alves all the experience and more but was only there to pick up a wage.

10 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

There’s about 10 people outside the subway cash in hand looking for tickets!

My bro in law pulled out so I’ve got his season ticket spare for tonight 

Leaving for Ibrox shortly hopefully still a few bears wanting one 

Archived